The 2021 Draft- We Need This One

For a QB, I honestly don't care about the 40 time. The Pats system to me, is made for a pocket type of passer. I keep saying it and I know people are in love with the dual threat QB's. But the pocket passers have more success at the pro level. So I don't care if Mac Jones ran and left 2 foot deep potholes in his wake from being heavy footed and slow as long as he can process information and read a defense, that's all the speed I need from a QB.

Now WR is a different story, I want Rondale Moore, tackling him will be like trying to tackle a fire hydrant. And he flies, I can only imagine how fast he is on a football field.

Tyreek Hill clone. Same height & weight and same speed.

Last couple mocks I've looked at have Bama's QB available at 15. And in neither mock did we take him. Both had us taking Koramoah, who I like (shocker!) in our scheme but...dude only weighs 215. CBS had Jones falling to NO at 28. That strikes me as a stretch to try to make it happen and your mock look nice.

If you look at the big boards that are out there, I've seen Jones down around the 35th or so best player in the draft....and Fields and Lance down in the late teens/20s

These guys are being looked at high because of the position, not because of how good they are in relation to the other players in the draft.

I wouldn't be shocked to see one or two of the "big 5" drop lower then people currently think they will go, it happens all the time.

I think, and I hope I am wrong, that we are all going to be pissed off when the Patriots don't select a qb until the 4th round, if even then.

Sage wisdom.

However, while I have learned this lesson over and over, I've decided that, for this year only, I'm going to roll with the new Patriots reality
where Bill has decided to stop playing Three Card Monte and give us what we want.

This is the year where every pick, trade, signing and every new player will make perfect, undeniable sense.

Bill is building a Monster.

Last couple mocks I've looked at have Bama's QB available at 15. And in neither mock did we take him. Both had us taking Koramoah, who I like (shocker!) in our scheme but...dude only weighs 215. CBS had Jones falling to NO at 28. That strikes me as a stretch to try to make it happen and your mock look nice.
The only thing that bothers me about Jones and it is a small thing, is his muscle definition or lack there of. He really has zero muscle definition, not a bad thing, but he is definitely not a gym rat, that's for sure..lol

Sage wisdom.

However, while I have learned this lesson over and over, I've decided that, for this year only, I'm going to roll with the new Patriots reality
where Bill has decided to stop playing Three Card Monte and give us what we want.

This is the year where every pick, trade, signing and every new player will make perfect, undeniable sense.

Bill is building a Monster.
BB absolutely has to draft a QB high this year...

The only thing that bothers me about Jones and it is a small thing, is his muscle definition or lack there of. He really has zero muscle definition, not a bad thing, but he is definitely not a gym rat, that's for sure..lol
Was Manning (either of them), Brady, really find me any long term starting QB that looked like a gym rat when he came out? All reports out of Alabama says he works hard in the gym, and his Pro-day testing numbers show him as a very athletic guy....albit, one that apparently doesn't care what he looks like with his shirt off.

I'm not one that predicts the future, but I can see someone posting TFB's combine photo for the 1027th time

Was Manning (either of them), Brady, really find me any long term starting QB that looked like a gym rat when he came out? All reports out of Alabama says he works hard in the gym, and his Pro-day testing numbers show him as a very athletic guy....albit, one that apparently doesn't care what he looks like with his shirt off.
As long as he can read a defense and process information quickly I am ok with whatever.

at the other end, brady quinn was almost musclebound. there were theories that it hurt his throwing mechanics.

Back