The 2021 Draft- We Need This One

If your expectating a certain player On draft day . BB has proven you will be disappointed. He loves to trade down & reach for players. No mock drafts or reports had them selecting a D2 Safety Duggar with his first pick.

He's never gone all out in free agency before and there are rumors he's looking to move up.

He might surprise us all this year.

If your expectating a certain player On draft day . BB has proven you will be disappointed. He loves to trade down & reach for players. No mock drafts or reports had them selecting a D2 Safety Duggar with his first pick.
Even...what was that name? Connor Baldwin. 😂

Where is BB going to put 20 rookies? We have 77 players now. Maybe push more picks forward?
Without OTAs and possibly no mini camps there's no good way to evaluate them.
I do the PFN sim. I like it because their player rating are more similar to most of the other sites ratings. It also gives you trade offers from other teams.
Anyway, I find either making or accepting too many trades leaves you with a hell of a lot more players to draft than will ever be done by the Patriots on draft day.
So I back off on some and try to make it as close to real as possible.
But it is fun to make or accept trades and draft a boatload of players from time to time.

Exactly rumors of him moving up. 49ers trade which was from 12 to 3 . The patriots selection is 15. Probably changed that strategy. I don't give a shit what that JJ draft board says. Teams will what a similar deal to move into the top 5 . Unless Kraft & BB have committed to Going All in. Have no intention of having high rounds picks for next few years.
To me there is only one reason to make a big trade up. That is for the QB that you feel is going to be the franchise QB for the next 10 years. And you don't do it until draft day.
That is why I'm so baffled by the 49ers giving up so much this early.

Where is BB going to put 20 rookies? We have 77 players now. Maybe push more picks forward?
Without OTAs and possibly no mini camps there's no good way to evaluate them.
I don't see many Rutgers safeties to burn 2nd round picks on...so, I go with what makes more sense. I always make trades so I get a boatload of future picks.

No one will make a BB draft with their mocks...because BB routinely drafts players that aren't even in the mock draft roster. These mock drafts don't matter at all anyways...it's just fun to mess with.

Jerry Thornton has been about as good as anyone and better than most anyone at guessing what BB does.
Maybe Hawg will fill us in as to Jerry's thoughts the day before the draft starts.
This one could go down to the wire.
Does he have any mocks yet?

BB's 2nd round safety might be...hold on...JaCoby Stevens?!?! Actually, he might be worth the pick. Him or Divine Deablo... :coffee:

Drafting hybrid players is a good plan...you can cover two or more needs.

Totally. I think we are going to be seeing more & more of that.
Right. A hybrid QB/OT can block for himself, and a QB/WR is always right where he expects himself to be when the ball is delivered.

Drafting hybrid players is a good plan...you can cover two or more needs.
Or none at all. Hybrids tend to be guys that wash out at a higher rate than guys who specialize. Just my opinion. Lots of projecting is necessary before you find a guy that can play multiple roles well. The waiver wire is littered every August with big Cornerbacks who can't defend a double move, smallish edge guys that had 10 sacks in their Jr. year, but can't beat pro OTs and smallish LBs who can't get off blocks or cover well enough. Just a few typical examples.

If we spend any sort of valuable pick on a Safety (God, I hope it isn't a 2nd rounder) then I'm thinking it'd be a back end guy to develop
behind McCourty who won't last forever. In a normal year, I'd be OK with a dude like Trevon Moehrig, who stood out to me this past season as a potential
future Patriot with his leadership, smarts and athletic skill at TCU. He's a football magnet and was their MVP. But, we still don't know who our future QB is,
so.......I'd kind of like to have an answer to that fairly important question. Is the former Horned Frog worth 15? Not likely, but I could see Bill appreciating his game.

I think this is one concept that folks don't generally put a big priority on when projecting what we'll do. You've already got a guy that we feel good about, but Bill will sometimes
address needs that none of us really realize ARE needs until the starter declines and the cupboard is bare. I'd name Devin Mac, Hightower and, in particular, Gilmore
as keystone guys who the clock is ticking on. It's hard to conceptualize how short most NFL careers are.

Maybe the early mockers were right and Micah Parsons or somebody like him will be the man. Maybe we'll get our future QB but on the other side of the ball.

Or none at all. Hybrids tend to be guys that wash out at a higher rate than guys who specialize. Just my opinion. Lots of projecting is necessary before you find a guy that can play multiple roles well. The waiver wire is littered every August with big Cornerbacks who can't defend a double move, smallish edge guys that had 10 sacks in their Jr. year, but can't beat pro OTs and smallish LBs who can't get off blocks or cover well enough. Just a few typical examples.

If we spend any sort of valuable pick on a Safety (God, I hope it isn't a 2nd rounder) then I'm thinking it'd be a back end guy to develop
behind McCourty who won't last forever. In a normal year, I'd be OK with a dude like Trevon Moehrig, who stood out to me this past season as a potential
future Patriot with his leadership, smarts and athletic skill at TCU. He's a football magnet and was their MVP. But, we still don't know who our future QB is,
so.......I'd kind of like to have an answer to that fairly important question. Is the former Horned Frog worth 15? Not likely, but I could see Bill appreciating his game.

I think this is one concept that folks don't generally put a big priority on when projecting what we'll do. You've already got a guy that we feel good about, but Bill will sometimes
address needs that none of us really realize ARE needs until the starter declines and the cupboard is bare. I'd name Devin Mac, Hightower and, in particular, Gilmore
as keystone guys who the clock is ticking on. It's hard to conceptualize how short most NFL careers are.

Maybe the early mockers were right and Micah Parsons or somebody like him will be the man. Maybe we'll get our future QB but on the other side of the ball.
BB will have a draft that none of us will ever get right...this much I know.

Back