The 2021 Draft- We Need This One

I still don't understand what is happening with Stidham
Either BB wants to baby step Stidham in, or, he doesn't see much in him at all. Most likely one or the other. Perhaps BB sees Stidham's potential, but, knows that Stidham is a longer term project at this time? It's possible...maybe Stidham isn't confident enough in his abilities at this stage of his career?

So maybe this has been mentioned, but perhaps this is why bb brought in cam to begin with:he saw enough of stidham to know he wasn't yet/won't soon be starter ready. after all the early raves about stidham, then cam was signed so late, it's certainly a possibility. bb already had a veteran backup he trusted knowledge wise in hoyer.

I would think that since he is the only other QB on the depth chart that Bill sees something in him. Starter? We just don't know.

It's obvious BB didn't think Stidham was ready when he brought Cam aboard for minimal money. After another year of development the coaches know what Stidham is but
we have no idea what they think of him.
We'll have a better idea if Stidham starts next week but we won't know for sure til FA and the draft.

When asked what he's seen from Newton to warrant possibly sticking with him, Belichick deflected.

"Really, we have a lot of team questions we need to answer, so I think that will be the overriding thing. We'll talk about that today, tomorrow -- we have an extra day this week -- and look at things starting from a bigger-picture standpoint," he said.

"Obviously [we] haven't played the run well the last two weeks and haven't been able to score a touchdown the last two weeks. I don't think this is about any one individual."

If BB has to trade for JimmyG, then no. BB has to draft a QB high no matter what though. A bridge QB other than Scam that you can sign for short money, no trading picks. Whatever works that way.

Highest-graded rookie WRs in 2020 per PFF:
Justin Jefferson - 90.3
Brandon Aiyuk - 80.1

Tee Higgins - 75.4
CeeDee Lamb - 73.4
Chase Claypool - 72.8

3 1st rounders and
2 2nd rounders.

So do you think BB tries to bring JimmyG back? Gasper wants to know.

View: https://twitter.com/cgasper/status/1343321635269521414

Very cheap money? Sure, why not. But his play has been very poor recently. Always injured. I wouldn't but coaches always think they can fix these kinds of problems.

Only way I'd think it would be a good idea to bring him back if the Niners release him and BB picks him off waivers. At this point he has not shown to be worthy of a draft pick.

Only way I'd think it would be a good idea to bring him back if the Niners release him and BB picks him off waivers. At this point he has not shown to be worthy of a draft pick.
I do not think he will be coming here off of waivers unless there is a wink/nod to redo the contract. 53mil over the next 2 years.

So do you think BB tries to bring JimmyG back? Gasper wants to know.

View: https://twitter.com/cgasper/status/1343321635269521414

Very cheap money? Sure, why not. But his play has been very poor recently. Always injured. I wouldn't but coaches always think they can fix these kinds of problems.

I like Jimmy more than most people. He is 24-8 as a starter. He wins a ton of games. That is the bottom line. The injury thing is worrisome but I also don't think Shanny's offense suits him all that well. I think it is a big IF that the niners move on from him. Shanny at one point liked Cousins but I can't imagine he likes him anymore. He could also maybe try to get Matt Ryan but he is much older than Jimmy. If the niners did shop him, I think they could get a decent pick for him because of his age and reasonable contract. I don't think Bill views his contract as reasonable so I doubt the Pats are in on him but if Bill really does like as much as people seem to indicate that it for sure is a possibility.

Maybe we could trade our 1st round pick this year, next year, and the following year to the Jags and take Trevor. We would have to make sure that his teammate's attended his last birthday party.

Florida_logo.gif
Tedarrell Slaton, DT, Florida
Height: 6-5. Weight: 343.
Projected 40 Time: 5.6.
Projected Round (2021): 2-3.
View Ranking History

12/19/20: Slaton has played well in 2020, stuffing runs at the point of attack and getting a push in pass protection. He is a good fit for 3-4 nose tackle in the NFL.

9/5/20: Slaton recorded 29 tackles with two sacks and a pass defended in 2019. He played well to close out the regular season, but he was wise to go back for his senior year. Slaton did not produce a big stat line for the Gators in 2018, but the big nose tackle caused a lot of disruption and plugged a lot of gaps at the point of attack. He totaled 21 tackles with two for a loss on the year.

Team sources have remarked how Slaton jumped out at them and was impossible to ignore while grading the Gators' 2019 NFL Draft prospects. For the NFL, Slaton projects as a heavy nose tackle.

The timidness is from the system. It is clear Shanny does not trust him the way Bill/Josh did.

As a veteran he's not subject to waivers. If he's cut he's a FA immediately. The 9ers would take a $2.8M cap hit if he's cut which is minimal.
His salary is $25M/. Is he worth $25M/ taking into consideration he's played only 5, 3, 16 & 6 games over the last 4 years due to 3 major injuries?
Keep in mind all his injuries are ligament tears - ACL, shoulder and ankle - which means there is likely an innate problem with his ligament strength and that's genetic.
Trade for JG and you're paying the same money as Brady is making...JG simply isn't worth that money. No team will trade for him with that contract in a year of reduced cap.

Shanahan was asked about it the other day - he left himself a lot of wiggle room

Shanahan told reporters that he believes “Jimmy’s going to be our quarterback next year” (via Matt Barrows of The Athletic on Twitter). The head coach was also quick to dismiss Garappolo’s salary, noting that “that’s how much they cost” when asked about the quarterback.
ESPN’s Nick Wagoner (via Twitter) passes along a detailed answer from Shanahan, where the head coach detailed how teams evaluate every position during the offseason.
“You can’t say anything with certainty,” Shanahan said. “You don’t sit here and make promises on anything. When you build a football team, it’s your job to put the best team together year in and year out.
“Now, you look into every avenue and you see if there’ something out there that can get you a ton better. That’s the same answer for every position but look at Jimmy, look what he’s done, look where he’s at financially. We better have a very good answer if you’re going to find something better than that because Jimmy has shown in one year that he’s the guy who can take us to the Super Bowl and I also think that Jimmy is going to get a lot better the more he plays.”

As a veteran he's not subject to waivers. If he's cut he's a FA immediately. The 9ers would take a $2.8M cap hit if he's cut which is minimal.
His salary is $25M/. Is he worth $25M/ taking into consideration he's played only 5, 3, 16 & 6 games over the last 4 years due to 3 major injuries?
Keep in mind all his injuries are ligament tears - ACL, shoulder and ankle - which means there is likely an innate problem with his ligament strength and that's genetic.
Trade for JG and you're paying the same money as Brady is making...JG simply isn't worth that money. No team will trade for him with that contract in a year of reduced cap.

Shanahan was asked about it the other day - he left himself a lot of wiggle room

Shanahan told reporters that he believes “Jimmy’s going to be our quarterback next year” (via Matt Barrows of The Athletic on Twitter). The head coach was also quick to dismiss Garappolo’s salary, noting that “that’s how much they cost” when asked about the quarterback.
ESPN’s Nick Wagoner (via Twitter) passes along a detailed answer from Shanahan, where the head coach detailed how teams evaluate every position during the offseason.
“You can’t say anything with certainty,” Shanahan said. “You don’t sit here and make promises on anything. When you build a football team, it’s your job to put the best team together year in and year out.
“Now, you look into every avenue and you see if there’ something out there that can get you a ton better. That’s the same answer for every position but look at Jimmy, look what he’s done, look where he’s at financially. We better have a very good answer if you’re going to find something better than that because Jimmy has shown in one year that he’s the guy who can take us to the Super Bowl and I also think that Jimmy is going to get a lot better the more he plays.”
His last sentence is the money statement. Basically he is saying Jimmy wins. Took us to the SB and we believe he will get better. In other words, there isn't a better option out there especially as his contract value.

Back