The 2024 Draft

from a "need an O-lineman" these make sense. are they worth pick 34? not that I know, but if they help fill a glaring need I'm fine with it.
but with some D players that were likely 1st rounders that slipped - like McKinstry or that white guy - would that be a better "value" with that pick? I'm good with beefing up the secondary as well
Need to know if his foot is ok
"Jones fracture"

Merrill Hoge........"marginal at best".....yeah, that shakes me. His footwork sucks. He can't read a D. Keep piling it on. He is inaccurate and bails out
to soon. Keep it coming. The media will treat him like Cousin Goober for the way he speaks with that Carolina drawl. The sky am falling.

I'm not worried about a fucking thing. We're going to find out that a lot of teams would have been only too happy to land a kid with his traits,
overall skill set and leadership, but they couldn't get to him. We did, so boo-hoo. He's a smart kid who is going to school just like the rest of them and
has to learn to move the chains first and then play hero. It's a tale as old as time.

Brady was too skinny and couldn't start on his College team. Matt Light had short arms. Seymour was too tall for IDL and too slow for DE. Edelman was too short and needed a complete position change. I could do this all day.

All I want is for Drake Maye to get reps over the summer and practice hard to learn our new system. Every completion or bad throw in 11 on 11s is going to be put
under an electron microscope, but I don't care. He'll throw a dozen dime lasers on a hot day in August and the media will realize that one of these things is not
like the others. The day he steps on the field for us he will be the most physically talented QB prospect that this team has ever had and they'll quickly realize that
and spread the word. Let them call for him to get the job week one, but he should absolutely sit behind Brissett while we start tunneling out of the dungeon one
spoonful at a time. He'll be the starter when he is ready to be the starter and we should not be in a rush for that or to pass premature judgement based on what
some other guy or some other team did. You start at square one and then just keep adding them and Brady taught us that process never stops.

. .

I think they saw the issues and decided there was nothing that couldn't be coached up. More importantly they didn't see anything that was a deal-breaker.
His arm is real. His athleticism is real. Neither of those can be taught. Coach up his footwork and his intermediate accuracy improves by leaps and bounds.
I'd like to see improvement this summer with his footwork. To me, that would be a great start. So put his QB coach on him right away and have at it.

I think they saw the issues and decided there was nothing that couldn't be coached up. More importantly they didn't see anything that was a deal-breaker.
His arm is real. His athleticism is real. Neither of those can be taught. Coach up his footwork and his intermediate accuracy improves by leaps and bounds.
I'd like to see improvement this summer with his footwork. To me, that would be a great start. So put his QB coach on him right away and have at it.
He's 21. I wouldn't worry all that much. No need to play him right away.

WTF.... over thinking it.
(I reserve the right to revisit this in a few picks)

He might still be there at 37. But everyone passing on him has me a bit worried

Patriots trade 34 and 137 for 37 and 110

Chargers take McConkey...there's still a chance. if they STILL get Mitchell, Wolf gets a big hand from me.

If the Bills blow the Adonai Mitchell pick, the Patriots need to pounce on that. He's the last chance to get a game changer at WR or OT in the draft, and he's no shoe-in.

I'm not a fan of Mitchell for the Pats.

Washington goes with Newton the DT from Illinois (Fantastic 3-tech/5-tech), really good pick.

NOW can we please have Mitchell?

Back