The 2024 Draft

I now hope that you are wrong and I am right, don't you?

I'm not wrong. You have lots of different kinds of WRs in this draft. Did you read my report on him?

19. Ja'Lyn Polk, Washington, 6'2", 205. Grade 83.1 Rotational starter who has starter level traits when playing to his strengths.
Comp. Marquez Callaway

Like McMillan above, Polk has elements of his game that he executes like a top starter, but not often enough to solidify that role in an offense immediately. There are also unknowns about his game due to his limited role in Washington’s offense that may mean he lacks certain skills to become an every-down option. Polk has the speed to start as a slant-flanker hybrid. Because he spent a lot of time as an inside receiver at Washington and against off-coverage at Texas Tech, Polk’s tool box of releases is too small to project an immediate starting role as a flanker.
Polk also doesn’t execute the releases he knows with the consistency to bait veteran defensive backs. The switch goes on and off with the nuance and detail required to become a skilled starter when facing tight man-to-man coverage. It's as if he gets confused in what he should do or panics when he gets pressed by a CB. He lacks the explosion to stack defenders giving him a cushion, but on the occasion when he’s facing tight man or a shallow cushion, Polk can stack defenders mid-route. He should do it more when given clear opportunities to do so.
Polk is good at using his stems to manipulate opponents playing off him. He can turn them around with the way he works a stem. When facing tight coverage in the vertical game that’s trailing him, Polk uses his hands effectively to reinforce his separation without pushing off. This makes him a good back-shoulder receiver. He must develop greater confidence to attack defenders at full speed with stems that lead into hard breaks back to the quarterback. He has a good three-step break with sudden weight drop, but he isn’t maximizing the separation because he’s not attacking the stem as hard as he could. The strength of Polk’s game is his pass-catching. He high-points and pulls the ball away from the reach of a defender in his
chest. He’s an adept worker at the boundary who has the awareness and technique to get in bounds multiple ways. Polk has no issues as a ball tracker. He only leaves his feet for high targets when necessary. He can extend and turn through high targets on the move across the field without leaving his feet. He also has late hands on back-shoulder high-points against tight coverage. It’s one of the best things about Polk’s receiving game because he can make late turns on back-shoulder targets even against trailing defenders and earn the ball before the defender registers what happened. He’s a good decision-maker after the catch, turning down the learn transition opportunity to get downfield late in the half to make sure he exits the boundary. Polk pulls through reaches to his frame and legs, he can win head-on with a cornerback when his pads are low into the collision, and bounce off glancing shots to his arms, including substantial hits from a safety. Polk is a playmaker from the slot who might develop the technical acumen to be the same as a flanker. The question is whether his game can continue to grow, or will he never leaves that zone where he’s a rotational contributor with occasionally meaningful statistical production based on matchups. He fits best in a spread offense where he’s the slot option who can work inside-out on vertical routes to the boundary and win inside off play-action. He must develop a better contrast between patience and suddenness with his releases and route setups. Polk is a fun player to watch. He’ll probably be a fun player to watch when he earns targets in the NFL. He’s the type of player who could remain on that fence between meaningful contributor and starter for a while.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzUXKRxJKzk

Other receivers are Pop Douglas, at 5'8" 170 4.44, Tyquan Thornton 6'2" 185 4.28 and Kayshon Boutte, who fits in with the Fighting Bournes, at 6' 195 4.5

So we're cutting Douglas and Thornton then? :coffee:

Other receivers are Pop Douglas, at 5'8" 170 4.44, Tyquan Thornton 6'2" 185 4.28 and Kayshon Boutte, who fits in with the Fighting Bournes, at 6' 195 4.5

So we're cutting Douglas and Thornton then? :coffee:
that or they are buying their own uni's :coffee:

Kendrick Bourne - 6'1" 205 4.55
Juju Smith Schuster - 6'1" 215 4.54
KJ Osborn - 5'11" 203 4.48
Ja'lynn Polk - 6'1" 203 4.52

What in the blue fuck are we doing?

Clones.

Polk fits the physical Davante Adams mold, I'll say that.

I'm not wrong. You have lots of different kinds of WRs in this draft. Did you read my report on him?

19. Ja'Lyn Polk, Washington, 6'2", 205. Grade 83.1 Rotational starter who has starter level traits when playing to his strengths.
Comp. Marquez Callaway

Like McMillan above, Polk has elements of his game that he executes like a top starter, but not often enough to solidify that role in an offense immediately. There are also unknowns about his game due to his limited role in Washington’s offense that may mean he lacks certain skills to become an every-down option. Polk has the speed to start as a slant-flanker hybrid. Because he spent a lot of time as an inside receiver at Washington and against off-coverage at Texas Tech, Polk’s tool box of releases is too small to project an immediate starting role as a flanker.
Polk also doesn’t execute the releases he knows with the consistency to bait veteran defensive backs. The switch goes on and off with the nuance and detail required to become a skilled starter when facing tight man-to-man coverage. It's as if he gets confused in what he should do or panics when he gets pressed by a CB. He lacks the explosion to stack defenders giving him a cushion, but on the occasion when he’s facing tight man or a shallow cushion, Polk can stack defenders mid-route. He should do it more when given clear opportunities to do so.
Polk is good at using his stems to manipulate opponents playing off him. He can turn them around with the way he works a stem. When facing tight coverage in the vertical game that’s trailing him, Polk uses his hands effectively to reinforce his separation without pushing off. This makes him a good back-shoulder receiver. He must develop greater confidence to attack defenders at full speed with stems that lead into hard breaks back to the quarterback. He has a good three-step break with sudden weight drop, but he isn’t maximizing the separation because he’s not attacking the stem as hard as he could. The strength of Polk’s game is his pass-catching. He high-points and pulls the ball away from the reach of a defender in his
chest. He’s an adept worker at the boundary who has the awareness and technique to get in bounds multiple ways. Polk has no issues as a ball tracker. He only leaves his feet for high targets when necessary. He can extend and turn through high targets on the move across the field without leaving his feet. He also has late hands on back-shoulder high-points against tight coverage. It’s one of the best things about Polk’s receiving game because he can make late turns on back-shoulder targets even against trailing defenders and earn the ball before the defender registers what happened. He’s a good decision-maker after the catch, turning down the learn transition opportunity to get downfield late in the half to make sure he exits the boundary. Polk pulls through reaches to his frame and legs, he can win head-on with a cornerback when his pads are low into the collision, and bounce off glancing shots to his arms, including substantial hits from a safety. Polk is a playmaker from the slot who might develop the technical acumen to be the same as a flanker. The question is whether his game can continue to grow, or will he never leaves that zone where he’s a rotational contributor with occasionally meaningful statistical production based on matchups. He fits best in a spread offense where he’s the slot option who can work inside-out on vertical routes to the boundary and win inside off play-action. He must develop a better contrast between patience and suddenness with his releases and route setups. Polk is a fun player to watch. He’ll probably be a fun player to watch when he earns targets in the NFL. He’s the type of player who could remain on that fence between meaningful contributor and starter for a while.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzUXKRxJKzk

I did chev and I appreciate what you pisted. In all respect, your report is not the only one that I read, I've read many.
I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm saying that I HOPE that you are wrong.
He's a Patriot now.

WR 2/3 was not a need. WR 1 is but with none left in the draft, the position should have been bypassed in favor of Tackle or CB.

I did chev. In all respect, your report is not the only one that I read, I've read many.
I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm saying that I HOPE that you are wrong.
He's a Patriot now.

Lazar said he has potential to be a WR2. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

But you're right...he's a Patriot now.

Lazar said he has potential to be a WR2. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

But you're right...he's a Patriot now.
Most of the reports that I read agree with Lazar. But a WR2, can be very valuable.
I don't know if there was a good WR1 left on Day 2.

Back