The 2024 Draft

Said it before, JJ McCarthy has some serious PR muscle behind him. My twitter feed is awash with him throwing a 60+ yard deep ball on the run as if it was the greatest thing ever seen on a practice field?

I just hope Mayo and co are not even remotely considering taking him.
Malik Nabers does too. Not like he's a bad player, but he's clearly #3 or 4 behind Harrison and Odunze.

Assuming we use the draft picks as is, and not using #3 on a tackle, and using the NFL.com mock and ratings;

Lance Zeirlein has rating 18 OTs to be better than average backup,

at 34 could pick Jordan Morgan from AZ, LOT “similar to Charles Leno.”
Or Mims from Georgia , ROT
A small trade up =>Patrick Paul from Houston, LOT

at pick 68, Suamataia, BYO, LOT
Javon Foster, Missouri, LOT
Kiran Amegadjie, Yale, LOT
Blake Fischer, ND, ROT
Small trade up=>Rosengarten, WA,, ROT

at pick 104, Laumea, BYU, ROT
Walter Rouse, OK, LOT, “similar to Cam Fleming”

Just looks like the OT pick would be at 68 just going by quantity

Said it before, JJ McCarthy has some serious PR muscle behind him. My twitter feed is awash with him throwing a 60+ yard deep ball on the run as if it was the greatest thing ever seen on a practice field?

isn't that how Zack Wilson got drafted so high... some long passes on the run (or something like that). I'm not buying the hype on McCarthy

There's a reason why he had 12 throws a game.

he could be this drafts guy that sits in the "green room" way too long in that awkward "lets put the camera on them so everyone knows they still haven't been drafted" routine

someone is talking McCarthy up so another team bites and lets the guy they want slide
hearing Penix to 'Phins a lot. that would be interesting to see how they handle Tua. TBH while I hate the phin's, If I were them I'd be wary of getting hitched to Tua. he avoid the big concussion issue last year but how long is that gonna last.

I'm not saying J.J. is a bad prospect at all, in fact, I was reasonably impressed with his play in the FBS Natty win and think he
has the potential to develop into a good starter in time, but it really looked like he just couldn't throw a decent pass to the left sideline
during Combine drills. I think I saw him quack four inaccurate throws in a row up and there was nobody in coverage during that drill.

How can that be? Jesus, it's hard to put your faith in drafting a QB high because all of them have their "weaknesses".

Thank God we have the Canadian Killah Nathan Rourke quietly getting himself dialed in and ready to take over in Foxboro so we
don't really need one of the top QBs and can trade down and stock up on talent. It'll be nice to shock the football world due to
positive reasons for a change.

111kramer.gif

This could just be posturing, but i wonder if they like say, Maye but not Daniels (or other way around, who knows) and would trade back if it isn’t the guy they want
just speculation on my part but I would guess they prefer Maye and will take him at 3, but if commanders take him they would trade back. I believe the Vikings favor maye, but perhaps they would still make trade for Daniels

Why would any team run by intelligent people trade up for Daniels when Field’s just went for a 6th or 4th round pick?
You’d be an idiot. They have the same skill set, but Fields has started. Hell he’s broken some records. I think I’d rather have Fields than Daniels. I know I’d rather have Fields than Daniels. Fields is used to playing with no talent around him.
So if the Pats miss out on Maye I’m praying they trade back.

Alex Barth
@RealAlexBarth
Jerod Mayo on Patriots free agency: "Free agency - everybody, the media, the fans, wants that big signing, but at the same time as we continue to put this team together, there has to be a process...when there is a guy we want to get, the Krafts have already told us they'll spend the money. Offensively, this year, we were very picky. At the same time, that wasn't a very deep offensive free agency class to make that kind of splash."

Alex Barth
@RealAlexBarth
Jerod Mayo on Patriots free agency: "Free agency - everybody, the media, the fans, wants that big signing, but at the same time as we continue to put this team together, there has to be a process...when there is a guy we want to get, the Krafts have already told us they'll spend the money. Offensively, this year, we were very picky. At the same time, that wasn't a very deep offensive free agency class to make that kind of splash."

Guess they forgot trades count, too. A 4th for Keenan Allen...

Too much info, Jerod. You don't have to tell the NFL or Washington what your scouting dept thinks.

Mike Reiss
@MikeReiss
Question: What do the Patriots like about North Carolina QB Drake Maye after spending time with him?

Jerod Mayo: "Drake Maye had a fantastic interview at the combine. He brings a lot of energy. You can tell he has that leadership ability.

"Also the exciting part about a guy like Drake Maye, there is really no ceiling with a guy like that. In saying that, when we’re trying to put together this roster, I know a lot of people look at the ceiling. But you also have to look at how low is the floor. I would say a guy like Drake Maye – he has a lot of room to grow. He’s a young guy. Honestly, he hasn’t played football nearly as much as these other guys. So that’s definitely something we’ve looked at, but he’s definitely going to develop.”

Too much info, Jerod. You don't have to tell the NFL or Washington what your scouting dept thinks.

Mike Reiss
@MikeReiss
Question: What do the Patriots like about North Carolina QB Drake Maye after spending time with him?

Jerod Mayo: "Drake Maye had a fantastic interview at the combine. He brings a lot of energy. You can tell he has that leadership ability.

"Also the exciting part about a guy like Drake Maye, there is really no ceiling with a guy like that. In saying that, when we’re trying to put together this roster, I know a lot of people look at the ceiling. But you also have to look at how low is the floor. I would say a guy like Drake Maye – he has a lot of room to grow. He’s a young guy. Honestly, he hasn’t played football nearly as much as these other guys. So that’s definitely something we’ve looked at, but he’s definitely going to develop.”
Smoke screen for Daniels?

Mike Reiss
@MikeReiss

i love that he's 180 from bb. it's awesome because we will hear 0 crying from the anti bb crowd that hated everything he did. 😁
#peppridgefarmswillremember

Back