The '24 AFC East

Meh. One plays off the shore of Lake Erie in frigid temps for six weeks, the other plays in perfect weather for every home game.

They’re not all THAT different, but Tua has a huge home field advantage for himself.

True but there's no handicap given for weather so that makes no difference at the end of the year when stats, wins and losses are counted.
Be that as it is, I'm hoping the Pats can somehow get to their level and even surpass those teams while they are busy fighting against each other.

Meh. One plays off the shore of Lake Erie in frigid temps for six weeks, the other plays in perfect weather for every home game.

They’re not all THAT different, but Tua has a huge home field advantage for himself.
and the taxes.... That alone would lower any QB's completion % thinking about that.

Poor Josh...LOL

Not impressed with Tua and think his weapons and Offensive System are benefiting him greatly. I wouldn't give him a contract yet (has Miami already done that ?). risk one more year to see if he doesn't get concussed again this year and can always tag and do a deal if he actually proves he is a long term franchise QB

for me, i 😲 at how he was with this gorgeous girl forever and downgraded to a mid actress. at least he isn't shallow! lol

I'm thinking you may be joking, solely based on what little I know of you.

That said, awfully shallow view of people, don't ya think?

;)

:)

Oh, yeah. My bad. Youre right. "Current" is clearly less attractive than "Ex".

Good grief woman. You sound like your his ex. Hurt, petty and jealous. That's how exes have a tendency to feel and act.

I've never been interested in a picture of you, so, a question.

Are you "Ex"?

Not bad if you are. Sorry about the breakup.

I'm thinking you may be joking, solely based on what little I know of you.

That said, awfully shallow view of people, don't ya think?

;)

:)
No kidding. As if looks are the main barometer for a relationship.

The biggest story for our division this year for me is if Rodgers is back healthy. That J-E-T-E team is lock and loaded ...
:coffee:

...go back and read that again...

He's huffing some impressive amounts of copium.

Also I love how it's phrased as 'The Dolphins Rebuild'. What rebuild? They've been 'win now' for 3 years.
you've seen COPS and OP Live right...?

...Florida...need I say more? :shrug-n:

Perillo chimes in on the AFCE

Buffalo Bills

We'll start at the top with the four-time defending AFC East champ Bills. On the surface it would appear as if general manager Brandon Beane and coach Sean McDrmott are in full rebuild mold. On the eve of the new league year, Beane sent a handful of veterans packing, ostensibly looking to pare payroll and create some cap space.

Veteran safety Jordan Poyer, center Mitch Morse and cornerback Tre'Davious White were all released. In addition, the Bills chose to let veterans Micah Hyde, Gabriel Davis, Dane Jackson, Tyrel Dodson and Leonard Floyd depart via free agency.

Those moves, along with a restructuring of Josh Allen's contract, were seen as necessary to get under the cap. But soon thereafter, Beane wound up spending plenty of cash to retain offensive linemen David Edwards and Dion Dawkins, defensive lineman Daquan Jones and A.J. Epenesa and running back Ty Johnson. The Bills also added Curtis Samuel, Austin Johnson and Mike Edwards via free agency, plus some veteran depth in Will Clapp, Nicholas Morrow, Mack Hollins and Mitch Trubisky.

When the moves were complete it seems like Beane was looking to shake up the roster more so than creating cap space. In the end, Poyer and Morse will be missed but moving on from the oft-injured White was likely a solid gamble.

And as long as Allen remains in place and healthy, the Bills remain formidable and should be considered a threat in the AFC. And until someone proves capable of knocking them off, they remain the favorite in the AFC East.

Miami Dolphins

In two seasons under coach Mike McDaniel, the Dolphins have made major strides. But despite that improvement, Miami is still searching for postseason success and remains a notch below the Bills.

At this stage it would appear that the Dolphins might be poised to take a step back. Like Buffalo, Miami said goodbye to a handful of respected veterans such as Emmanuel Ogbah, Jerome Baker and Xavien Howard. But the biggest loss of all was Christian Wilkins, who signed with the Raiders via free agency. That will leave a gaping hole in the middle of the defense, a unit that will be led by defensive coordinator Anthony Weaver, who replaced the respected Vic Fangio after some philosophical differences led to his departure.

In addition to Wilkins, the Dolphins also lost Robert Hunt, Andrew Van Ginkel, Brandon Jones and Raekwon Davis to free agency.

The Dolphins were able to lure some new faces to replace them, however. Linebacker Jordyn Brooks, center Aaron Brewer, corner Kendall Fuller, tight end Jonnu Smith, edge rusher Shaq Barrett and Poyer all signed with Miami. All but Wilkins were replaced by comparable or superior players, so McDaniel should have the tools to take another crack at unseating the Bills.

Now it will be up to McDaniel to continue to tinker with his offense and find a way to avoid the late-season collapses that have plagued his teams the last two seasons. The next item on the to-do list could be a contract extension for Tua Tagovailoa. Tagovailoa remained healthy throughout the 2023 campaign and with most of his weapons back in the fold he should be poised for another solid year while playing under the fifth-year option.

The Dolphins are flawed but possess plenty of talent.

New York Jets

Of the three rivals the Jets are the toughest to forecast. That's because of Aaron Rodgers' status after missing all but a handful of snaps due to a ruptured Achilles in his first season with New York. On the surface it certainly appeared as if Rodgers fit in well with his new team despite the injury. He remained a vocal part of the offense and even worked hard enough to return to the practice field down the stretch, although despite reports to the contrary he wasn't close to being activated for a game.

Now the question is, can Rodgers remain healthy enough to lift a sagging offense that is holding the team back? Time will tell, but the fact that reports indicate he is healthy and will take part in the team's offseason workouts is a positive first step.

It has been a pretty quiet offseason thus far for the Jets. They did lose talented pass rusher Bryce Huff to the Eagles in free agency, but otherwise the departures were modest losses – safety Jordan Whitehead, defensive tackle Quinton Jefferson and cornerback Bryce Hall.

The Jets mitigated the Huff loss by swinging a trade with the Eagles, acquiring Haason Reddick for a conditional third-round pick. The Jets added veteran backup quarterback Tyrod Taylor in free agency and bolstered their offensive line with John Simpson, Morgan Moses and Tyron Smith. New York also picked up defensive tackle Javon Kinlaw and wide receiver Mike Williams, who should help Rodgers get the offense on track.

New York is pretty tight against the cap (roughly $1.43 million in space) so more moves will likely be coming, but the Jets already had the best defense in the division and were able to keep most of the key pieces in place including free agents C.J. Mosley and Solomon Thomas. If Rodgers is at full strength, the Jets should contend with the Bills and Dolphins for AFC East supremacy.

Diggs to the Texans for a '25 second rounder. See ya Buffalo!

cap hit is like 28 mill
they wanted diggs gone almost as much as denver wanted wilson gone.
At least Diggs can play. But Buffalo's in cap jail and chevs is correct, they can address this void in the draft.

Buffalo fans are already whining but this was a necessary (and smart, long-term) move by the Bills.

Back