The battle for 1st seed - 2017

DeflateThis

Reaction score
It didn't jinx us last year, so here we go again. The Patriots are currently the #3 seed, behind Chiefs og Steelers.

By the early look of things the Pats, Steelers, Chiefs and Texans will be division winners, and I can't see any other potensial SB candidates from the AFC unless maybe the Raiders turns things around.

Standings:
#1: Chiefs (5-1)
#2: Steelers (4-2)
#3: Patriots (4-2)
#4: Jaguars (3-3)
#5: Bills (3-2)
#6: Dolphins (3-2)
#7: Broncos (3-2)
#8: Ravens (3-3)
#9: Jets (3-3)
#10: Texans (3-3)

KC will be traveling to Oakland the next week, and Pittsburgh will host Cincy. If we continue AFC Easts dominance against Atlanta this could be a good week for us.

If Atl is healthy coming in here they just may break the scoreboard.

Have you watched Atlanta this year? They are turning the ball over a ton and they have stopped throwing to their backs. They miss Shanahan a lot. I am not that fearful of this game as I was a few weeks ago. Both the Bills and Fins beat them in Atlanta and the Fins were down 17 at one point. Sound familiar?

Also, since we are discussing the AFC, Trevor Siemian is AWFUL. How on earth he looked that bad vs that Giants team at home is mind boggling. Elway may have to roll with Brock. lol.

If this defense can't get it's act together very soon we are looking at a one and done January and whether that's in the divisional round or the wild card round, is kind of academic.

The defense is progressing. We have let up 14 and 17 points the last two weeks on the road. Run defense was great yesterday as well.

The defense is progressing. We have let up 14 and 17 points the last two weeks on the road. Run defense was great yesterday as well.

When I have more confidence on 3rd and 1 than I do on 3rd and 10, there is a serious problem. It's not going to take NFL offensive coordinators long to shred the run side of the game plan and put up fantasy numbers throwing the ball all day long.

The only possible saving grace this week is Atlanta has been underachieving at a similar rate.

When I have more confidence on 3rd and 1 than I do on 3rd and 10, there is a serious problem. It's not going to take NFL offensive coordinators long to shred the run side of the game plan and put up fantasy numbers throwing the ball all day long.

The only possible saving grace this week is Atlanta has been underachieving at a similar rate.

That’s a great way of putting it.

And true.

I’m far more confident watching the Jets dive into the welcoming grasp of Brown on 3rd and 1 then watching our DBs give a 31 yard cushion on 3rd and 10, a defender not even in the screen until 2 seconds post catch.

3rd down has not been good but still 17 points and big strides vs run. Progress is there which is what we needed to see.

3rd down has not been good

That is an EPIC understatement.

Our alleged defense was in a 4th and 12 when all they had to do was make a stop to win the game and gave up a soft completion to a 38 year old journeyman quarterback who wasn't good enough in the off-season to hold on to the Cleveland Browns starting job.

We are now six weeks into the season and the identity has been established.

This looks a lot more like 2009-2010 than 2004.

Remaining schedules (Pats left, Chiefs right)

QNZmMNz.png

That is an EPIC understatement.

Our alleged defense was in a 4th and 12 when all they had to do was make a stop to win the game and gave up a soft completion to a 38 year old journeyman quarterback who wasn't good enough in the off-season to hold on to the Cleveland Browns starting job.

We are now six weeks into the season and the identity has been established.

This looks a lot more like 2009-2010 than 2004.

Did the Jetes score on that drive?

Here were the Jetes drives in the second half - INT, Fumble, FG, Turnover on downs.

The Pats defense is atrocious...anyone with their eyes open can see it.

If the Pats offense misfires, it'll be a loss. It's all on Brady yet again.

The Pats defense is atrocious...anyone with their eyes open can see it.

If the Pats offense misfires, it'll be a loss. It's all on Brady yet again.

Nope.

Brady was 20/38 257 2TD 1 INT yesterday for an 80.7 rating.

That's not good enough to carry any team by itself. It's not. Running Backs won that game yesterday.

Nope.

Brady was 20/38 257 2TD 1 INT yesterday for an 80.7 rating.

That's not good enough to carry any team by itself. It's not. Running Backs won that game yesterday.

Lewis was good. Gillislee was ok (the fumble wasn't good). I think White carried it a few times.

Point being, the defense is still a work in progress (not very good)...according to BB.

If this defense can't get it's act together very soon we are looking at a one and done January and whether that's in the divisional round or the wild card round, is kind of academic.

No SB team has had a D ranked this badly. Not EVER.

Lewis was good. Gillislee was ok (the fumble wasn't good). I think White carried it a few times.

Point being, the defense is still a work in progress (not very good)...according to BB.

White was very good on blitz pickups.

You're right. Lewis was too, which was a little surprising, because he tends to get speedbumped like he was Danny Woodhead at times.

Lewis should be seeing more snaps, imo. He runs better than White or Gillislee and catches better than any RB not named White. He's a better dual purpose back who keeps the defense guessing run or pass. I'd be very content if he soon becomes our lead RB.

Back