The best QB of all Time:final results in

Mine:

1.) Montana
2.) Brady
3.) Elway
4.) Manning (Peyton) ;)
5.) Staubach

Good thinking putting Staubach up there which I should have done. I should have put Staubach at 3, 4) Elway and 5) Manning.

What would a list look like for the "worst (starting) QBs of all-time"?

Kordell Stewart would have to be on the list...

It had to be Brady.

5 years of being Joe Montana; followed by 5 years of being Dan Marino.

How can you beat that?

Let's hope he finishes his career as Elway.

No big fan here but Bradshaw should be up there also. Yeah he had a great cast and yeah the juice was openly flowing but you don't have that much hard wear and suck. Just sayin..

No big fan here but Bradshaw should be up there also. Yeah he had a great cast and yeah the juice was openly flowing but you don't have that much hard wear and suck. Just sayin..

Not seeing the Bradshaw love as a QB. His stats were pretty awful despite the SB rings.

The conclusions seem reasonable, though I'd try to normalize the numbers for leaguewide performance. Not too long ago 60% completion would have put you in the top 5. Now it is an expectation.

It really wouldn't be that hard, instead of listing them by raw number, do it by season rank or performance above the median.

Surprised by the absence of Otto Graham, unless this was purely a SB era discussion.

I have no qualms with the list in the article. At this point in Brady's and Manning's respective careers, they probably belong Brady 1 and Manning tied with Montana 2.

However, I'd hasten to add Brady and Manning's careers are not over, and most qb's have some real mediocre years at the end of their careers. So I'd like to take the criteria in the article, and do the math After Brady and Manning have finished their careers. They might end up below Montana, when every year of their Full careers are compared.

I'd have no problem with Brady and Montana tied for first, when all is said and done. And may I add, what a treat it has been to closely follow Brady's career, as a Patriots fan watching him game after game.

I have no qualms with the list in the article. At this point in Brady's and Manning's respective careers, they probably belong Brady 1 and Manning tied with Montana 2.

However, I'd hasten to add Brady and Manning's careers are not over, and most qb's have some real mediocre years at the end of their careers. So I'd like to take the criteria in the article, and do the math After Brady and Manning have finished their careers. They might end up below Montana, when every year of their Full careers are compared.

I'd have no problem with Brady and Montana tied for first, when all is said and done. And may I add, what a treat it has been to closely follow Brady's career, as a Patriots fan watching him game after game.

The thing is...Brady has already passed Montana in quite a few stats, so no matter how it ends up, not sure he can fall below Montana. Yeah I am a homer....but, I think Brady has passed Montana a bit if you look at things overall. I mean what QB has 3 or more superbowls, but also has the stats that Brady has with the records.

The conclusions seem reasonable, though I'd try to normalize the numbers for leaguewide performance. Not too long ago 60% completion would have put you in the top 5. Now it is an expectation.

It really wouldn't be that hard, instead of listing them by raw number, do it by season rank or performance above the median.

Surprised by the absence of Otto Graham, unless this was purely a SB era discussion.

I was going to ask about Otto Graham too. I got to meet him when I attended the USCGA. He was the figurehead AD. He was very cool. He'd piss off the other officers with his two hand salutes...

I was going to ask about Otto Graham too. I got to meet him when I attended the USCGA. He was the figurehead AD. He was very cool. He'd piss off the other officers with his two hand salutes...

Football is just flat out night and day different than it was in that era. Its really hard to compare players across multiple era's like that. Its like the dead ball era in baseball where a guy would lead the league with 11....and while you could still use batting average as a indicator, you could not use other things....The passing game has really evolved over what it used to be. During the 50's and 60's guys would have a 51% completion pct, they would throw 30 ints but their YPA would be like 12.5. That is why sometimes you will not see the older type players in these kinds of lists. How is it even possible to determine what YA Tittle would play like today? Not sure you can.

Not seeing the Bradshaw love as a QB. His stats were pretty awful despite the SB rings.

Be that as it may, the fact that Bradshaw's team won four rings in six years gets him a free golden ticket admitting him into the analysis. Ditto for Aikman with his three rings.

The fact that one QB who won four SBs and another who won three are not even mentioned in the article makes me suspicious of it, right out of the gate.

At least put them in and show that their other stats are enough to rank them at the bottom of the final list.

But excluding them from the get-go?

Fail.:shake:

Be that as it may, the fact that Bradshaw's team won four rings in six years gets him a free golden ticket admitting him into the analysis. Ditto for Aikman with his three rings.

The fact that one QB who won four SBs and another who won three are not even mentioned in the article makes me suspicious of it, right out of the gate.

At least put them in and show that their other stats are enough to rank them at the bottom of the final list.

I don't know anyone who considers Terry Bradshaw or Troy Aikman to be one of the top 10 QBs of all times (other than maybe a few Steelers and Cowboys fans).

Bradshaw's career stats.
52% completion rate.
212 TDs
210 Ints
7.2 yds/attempt
166 yds/game
71 QB rating
307 sacks in 168 games
7.3% Sack percentage of passing plays.
1 #years All Pro (1978)

Now can you exclude him from the get go?

Aikman threw for 20 td's in a year once in his entire career...He is not a top 5 Qb in any way shape or form, I do not care if he has 9 superbowls. That team was built around a stupid good Oline, one of the best running backs of all time and defense...Bradshaw....he was a good Qb, but he is also not top 5 by any stretch....its nice to say that its all about superbowls, but it has to be about both. I cannot say Aikman was a top 5 Qb no more than I can say Nate Newton was a top 5 Offensive lineman.

Elway had a pretty crappy team surrounding him for several years and played in 5 SB, won two back to back, and was a league and SB MVP. He was also the most complete athlete of most of the top five on that list. I think he's the best. I am a Broncos fan and am 100% objective in this analysis. :wave:

Elway had a pretty crappy team surrounding him for several years and played in 5 SB, won two back to back, and was a league and SB MVP. He was also the most complete athlete of most of the top five on that list. I think he's the best. I am a Broncos fan and am 100% objective in this analysis. :wave:

lol

Back