The Eugene Chung appreciation thread

(P - shoulder)

More Probable Than Not
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisweeks3d.com
I continue to be amazed at the night and day turnaround with his second stint on this team. Playing with discipline. Covering well while also supporting the run well. At first it made sense to wait and see over a larger sample of games, but I think, after another fine performance tonight, Chung desreves this thread. My hope is that one of the more football savvy members will break down his play a little bit for us and gives us a window into his sudden improvement.

I continue to be amazed at the night and day turnaround with his second stint on this team. Playing with discipline. Covering well while also supporting the run well. At first it made sense to wait and see over a larger sample of games, but I think, after another fine performance tonight, Chung desreves this thread. My hope is that one of the more football savvy members will break down his play a little bit for us and gives us a window into his sudden improvement.

Nicely said. I want to thank the rookie Stork on the other end of things for being amazing in this offense a a rook too!

I don't recall seeing Eugene Chung on the field tonight, but I'm not sure I would recognize the 1992 1st round draft pick of the Patriots. :D

I don't recall seeing Eugene Chung on the field tonight, but I'm not sure I would recognize the 1992 1st round draft pick of the Patriots. :D

I'm reading the title of the thread and wondering wth did chunky Chung do for humanity since he didn't do much for the Pats, frankly.

I'm fricken dying here!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

I was as puzzled as anyone about "Eugene" Chung's return to the team. I made more than a few disparaging remarks about him upon his return and during the first few games of the season. I have since found myself apologizing to him for it on a number of occasions in recent games. I don't know what changed in the interim while he was gone, but I have vowed to quit my bitching about him being back and also once again I must [gladly] concede that Bill. Knows. All. :)

A "better late than never" welcome back to you, Patrick. You done good, kid. :)

+1

Maybe he wasn't bad as I thought. I thought he was pretty bad, but then I saw 2 years of Steve Gregory.

This year he's been pretty damn good. Still makes mistakes, but is pretty damn good.

(Assuming you meant Patrick Chung, and not the shitty bust 1st round Tackle we took in the Rod Rust/Dick McPherson Days)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BoXu6QmxpJE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I thought you were just merging Eugene Wilson and Patrick Chung together

No, Eugene isn't Patrick's daddy.

A few years ago my wife went to Florida to help a friend run a charity event for former professional tennis player Mal Washington's youth foundation and it turned out Eugene is a friend of his. My wife got to hang out with him and his wife. She reported that he weighed about 4 bills and was the nicest guy ever. That was sort of his problem with the Pats as I recall. He was about as soft an Olineman as you will ever see and I have no idea what scout convinced our "brain trust" (we didn't have one at the time) that he was a worthy first rounder.

Anyhow, in a semi-related note, if you don't remember Mal Washington, he was involved in one of the greatest streaking events in sports history while he was playing at Wimbledon and you'll see him on the right side of the net enjoying the show:

I saw the thread title and was wondering what the eff could this be about.

ROFL

Back