The Fitness Thread

In case any of you are interested. This is the beginner workout that my son gave me. Leg day is still absolutely brutal for me to get through and going into this I thought that would be the easiest one for me considering all of the running that I had been doing.

Edit: I should clarify. This isn't all done in one day. This is split up into three days.

Pull:
4X12 dumbbell row
4X12 lat pulldowns
4X12 dumbbell shrugs
4X12 rear delt fly
4X12 barbell curls
4 sets till failure of assisted pull up

Push:
4X12 dumbbell bench press
4X12 dumbbell shoulder press
4X12 dumbbell chest flies (I normally do these on the machine instead)
4X12 barbell skullcrushers
4X12 rope push down
4 sets till failure push ups

Legs:
4X12 smith machine squats (my gym doesn't have an actual squat rack but this is good enough for me)
4X12 Bulgarian split squat (my least favorite exercise ever)
4X12 dumbbell lunges
4X12 goblet squat
4X12 Romanian deadlift
4X12 dumbbell side raises (not legs but I guess he figured he didn't abuse my shoulders enough on the other days. 😂)
Ice up son. :ROFLMAO:

I'm joking. Yeah, that sounds fun!

• Haha
Reactions: Alk
I actually enjoy push and pull days for the most part but yesterday was leg day. It makes me want to fucking quit every single time. :ROFLMAO:
Legs and back were my weak part on my body. Back mostly...because I fucked it up so bad. Fun stuff!

In case any of you are interested. This is the beginner workout that my son gave me. Leg day is still absolutely brutal for me to get through and going into this I thought that would be the easiest one for me considering all of the running that I had been doing.

Edit: I should clarify. This isn't all done in one day. This is split up into three days.

Pull:
4X12 dumbbell row
4X12 lat pulldowns
4X12 dumbbell shrugs
4X12 rear delt fly
4X12 barbell curls
4 sets till failure of assisted pull up

Push:
4X12 dumbbell bench press
4X12 dumbbell shoulder press
4X12 dumbbell chest flies (I normally do these on the machine instead)
4X12 barbell skullcrushers
4X12 rope push down
4 sets till failure push ups

Legs:
4X12 smith machine squats (my gym doesn't have an actual squat rack but this is good enough for me)
4X12 Bulgarian split squat (my least favorite exercise ever)
4X12 dumbbell lunges
4X12 goblet squat
4X12 Romanian deadlift
4X12 dumbbell side raises (not legs but I guess he figured he didn't abuse my shoulders enough on the other days. 😂)
Excellent routine. I was always. taught to mix push and pull. Alternate between them so there is no straight push or pull day just two days that aren't legs. Cut back on the soreness.

I had a little better showing with the meal prep this week. Chicken breast and sweet potatoes again but this week I smoked the breasts on the pellet grill instead of roasting them. I gave this stuff a try too. It's really good stuff but a little bit goes a long way.

I had a little better showing with the meal prep this week. Chicken breast and sweet potatoes again but this week I smoked the breasts on the pellet grill instead of roasting them. I gave this stuff a try too. It's really good stuff but a little bit goes a long way.
You're not far from the king of BBQ (KC).

__202f144da5e73a6d9dc42ca81b81c4c3_width-600.jpeg

BSF joins the fray!

I know I have all of that same shit in the kitchen cab closest to the sink. Between my son and I it is become an expensive habit.

Want another expensive habit? Broken shaker bottles! WTF!?!?!?! Why can't they make those things a little tougher? Why can't the lids all fit each other??? I have gone for one and there have been 4 clean bottles and 4 clean lids and I can't get any lid to screw on any bottle without leaking.

It is a fucking conspiracy!

BSF joins the fray!

I know I have all of that same shit in the kitchen cab closest to the sink. Between my son and I it is become an expensive habit.

Want another expensive habit? Broken shaker bottles! WTF!?!?!?! Why can't they make those things a little tougher? Why can't the lids all fit each other??? I have gone for one and there have been 4 clean bottles and 4 clean lids and I can't get any lid to screw on any bottle without leaking.

It is a fucking conspiracy!
Speaking of shaker bottles. We got our son one of these for Christmas and he swears by them now.

My youngest has a field trip to the local library today and I have to take her there. Probably going to walk around downtown while waiting for her to be done.

It's looking like I may need to take a rest week from lifting. I've been going strong since January but I've noticed that my left elbow has started to hurt and it's not getting any better. Not looking forward to a full week of running again.

I had a bit of a breakthrough this week. I had been stuck on this plateau for what seemed like a year. I thought I was doing good with my breakfasts and lunches but then I made a slight tweak to my lunch meal prep. I think I might have been eating too much. I started weighing my food and just like that I dropped four lbs. I am now the lightest I have been in probably 15 years.

I had a bit of a breakthrough this week. I had been stuck on this plateau for what seemed like a year. I thought I was doing good with my breakfasts and lunches but then I made a slight tweak to my lunch meal prep. I think I might have been eating too much. I started weighing my food and just like that I dropped four lbs. I am now the lightest I have been in probably 15 years.
You ever try weighing out a four ounce serving of steak? I mean, where's the beef? I also once measured out a 3/4 cup of Raisin Bran. :(

I can see how effective that would be in weight loss!!!!

You ever try weighing out a four ounce serving of steak? I mean, where's the beef? I also once measured out a 3/4 cup of Raisin Bran. :(

I can see how effective that would be in weight loss!!!!
I haven't done that yet but four ounces of chicken looks pretty pathetic too. But I surprisingly haven't been starving by the end of the day. I keep a can of almonds on my desk just in case though.

I haven't done that yet but four ounces of chicken looks pretty pathetic too. But I surprisingly haven't been starving by the end of the day. I keep a can of almonds on my desk just in case though.
I've had teh best luck at weight loss when I don't snack and don't eat at night, nothing after 6:00 p.pm.

The amazing thing is that I can go to bed absolutely ravenous, but when I wake up it's like re-booting a computer. I'm no hungrier than when I am when I usually wake up

Back