The Golf thread

5 foursomes today for the family lol. Tons of fun and now watching the end of the Masters lol.
Not going to lie but we had the whole course ro ourselves.

~Dee~
Bach when I was a caddy, we laughed hard at the crazy Easter people. :rofl:

Bach when I was a caddy, we laughed hard at the crazy Easter people. :rofl:
We had no caddies .... my kids were caddies and my eldest was a golf pro in Vegas lol.

~Dee~

Actually you know that the birds chirping is piped in and they spray paint the grass right lol.

~Dee~

I di'tint know ^^ that 😮

however.......did anyone else but me notice how many times Brooks Koepka spit on the grass during yesterday's final 18?

do you think someone from the Augusta National Governing Body took him aside in the clubhouse after his losing finish to genteely admonish his excessive expectorations on their hallowed green verdant grounds?

I wonder if Jim Nantz mentioned the spitting during his broadcast....I wouldn't know as I watched w/ the sound off so I could actually enjoy the match

The Tournament Committee at Augusta National has always tightly controlled what is seen and heard during The Masters going back to the beginning. Do you remember when ONLY the back 9 was shown on TV? That wasn't a CBS decision that's for sure. In years where weather has not allowed the local fauna to develop and/or other reasons interfered with the appearance of the course they have painted areas of brown grass to green. Many clubs do even around here if there is an unsightly area before a big event such as the Member/Guest etc. I have had to clean my ball of a green hew many times after (finally) reaching the green. So the committee has painted a bit, they have planted trucked in Azaleas because the locals aren't ready yet. They have allowed CBS to add bird sounds to the broadcast (they don't pipe it around the course, to be clear). No biggie.

Maybe 2011 was a great year (blazing hot), the place was beyond beautiful in person.

The Tournament Committee at Augusta National has always tightly controlled what is seen and heard during The Masters going back to the beginning. Do you remember when ONLY the back 9 was shown on TV? That wasn't a CBS decision that's for sure. In years where weather has not allowed the local fauna to develop and/or other reasons interfered with the appearance of the course they have painted areas of brown grass to green. Many clubs do even around here if there is an unsightly area before a big event such as the Member/Guest etc. I have had to clean my ball of a green hew many times after (finally) reaching the green. So the committee has painted a bit, they have planted trucked in Azaleas because the locals aren't ready yet. They have allowed CBS to add bird sounds to the broadcast (they don't pipe it around the course, to be clear). No biggie.

Maybe 2011 was a great year (blazing hot), the place was beyond beautiful in person.
It is beautiful for sure.

~Dee~

some intrigue from yesterday.....

Back