The Golf thread

Me too. I have watched some BAD golfers make holes in one. It's fun but jeesh! Again? You?

LOL.
And she did it in heels.
372a0fbd5323fd3b23e42085a2491953.jpg

Just saw McElroy hit one in the waters edge. Rather than just take his medicine and lose a stroke, he takes off his shoes and socks tries to chip it. The ball flies out and hits the bank, rolls back into the water. Ends up with a triple bogie.

Just saw McElroy hit one in the waters edge. Rather than just take his medicine and lose a stroke, he takes off his shoes and socks tries to chip it. The ball flies out and hits the bank, rolls back into the water. Ends up with a triple bogie.
Mother may I go swimming?
Yes my darling daughter.
Hang your cloths on a hickory limb,
But don't go near the water.

He didn't make the cut. If he just had a bogie, he might have. :rofl:

I know, but every golfer needs to learn to not flip out and see the whole house of
cards come tumbling down in a few seconds. One flash of temper and you go right
through the floorboards.

Still, there is something really satisfying about watching somebody do exactly that to
themselves for no good reason.

"Whew....Thank God I'm not as stupid as that dude anymore, but I sure used to be".

I know, but every golfer needs to learn to not flip out and see the whole house of
cards come tumbling down in a few seconds. One flash of temper and you go right
through the floorboards.

Still, there is something really satisfying about watching somebody do exactly that to
themselves for no good reason.

"Whew....Thank God I'm not as stupid as that dude anymore, but I sure used to be".
I know that you know this but others may not. When a pro golfers does not make the cut, he gets nothing. He also has to pay his caddie a minimum and his other expenses. So it actually cost him money.
Last year on Full Swing, Poulter didn't make the cut in a major tourney and he was pissed. Had to pay all his travel and other expenses. Maybe that another reason he joined LIV.

There are 2 big tournaments coming up. This week, starting today, is the Arnold Palmer Invitational with a $20,000,000 purse.
Next week there is the Players Championship wit a $25,000,000 purse.

In other golf news, just got a notice that my course plans to open in a few weeks. March golf in Maine. :dance: :woohoo:

Today starts the Players Championship, which is called the 5th major. The island green at TPC Sawgrass is always a fun watch to see professional players take a big sigh of relieve  if they hit dry land.

Today starts the Players Championship, which is called the 5th major. The island green at TPC Sawgrass is always a fun watch to see professional players take a big sigh of relieve  if they hit dry land.
One of my closest friends who’s a VP for BOA just built a house 5 minutes from TPC. He’s already promised me six rounds a year there. First one will be in July. Can’t wait!

One of my closest friends who’s a VP for BOA just built a house 5 minutes from TPC. He’s already promised me six rounds a year there. First one will be in July. Can’t wait!
Let us know what the course is like playing. Seeing it on TV is not the same. Also, let us know how many shots it took you on the island hole to get on dry land :D

Adam Hadwin was having a decent 1st round until he arrived at the 17th, the island green. He promptly hit his shot in the water.
He then played the 18th and got off a good drive. His second shot was in excellent position to get on the green in 2. He took his time and lined up his shot and hit it in the water. He immediately followed by throwing his club in the water.
Now golf purist frown on throwing clubs and they are right. However, they must be robots because in a split second of emotion clubs have been known to fly. Most people regret doing that, but speaking for myself, it's going to happen a few times a year.

Last edited:
Let us know what the course is like playing. Seeing it on TV is not the same. Also, let us know how many shots it took you on the island hole to get on dry land :D
Ha, the over-under will be at 10 at that point; I’m sure there will be heavy drinking leading up to that point.
Cold sober, maybe 2-3?

Maverick McNealy who is right now in the top 10 in the Players Championship, has a pilots license.
Get it? Maverick flys planes. Can't make it up.

What a great finish to the Players yesterday. My wife and I couldn't believe our eyes watching Wyndham Clark's putt, to tie Scottie, go in the hole rim around and come out. Probably one of the most heartbreaking finishes ever.
Nothing against Scottie, he battled his way all day to take the lead. Brian Harmon also had a chance to tie on the 18th, but his putt wasn't even close.

Golf can be a cruel game. That in and out putt cost Clark $1.5 million.

Now on to the Masters.

Breaking News: My home course is opening tomorrow March 22nd. Saturday March 23rd we are forecasted to get 5-8 inches of snow.

i know it’s golf season when hubby starts taking his lessons again. I told him to skip the lessons and see a shrink. His answer, “I see one everyday and she’s not helping” lol.

~Dee~

Last edited:
Granddaughter number 1. my leftie like me grandchild… tired out for the HS golf team she’s a freshman lol gonna be a very long week lol

~Dee~

Back