The Long Awaited Destruction of Goodell

I really hope so, for obvious reasons. The sight of him being ripped apart by Congress would be beautiful.
I loved it when Selig had to sit there and eventually confess he intentionally didn't have roid testing for financial gain. The more that despicable, lying, cheating weasel has to sweat, preferably on live, national tv, the better.

Or, even if it forces the owners to get nervous and dump him in fear he may have to testify.

Not once has anyone in the media ever asked Goodell, in a live setting, a legitimate question. They sort of did at the beginning of Framegate I when they were confused that other teams who were on NE's tapes filming NE, never were punished for the same thing. We know why that is, but Goodell got away with it. He knew if he got caught over-punishing us it would look like cheating. The media ignored the initial story of Manboobs using a 2nd cameraman in Foxborough in January of 2007, which triggered BB's actions across the field towards Manboobs on opening day.

How Mike Tomlin stops a TD during a game for a 100K fine and BB messing with Manboobs is somehow the latter being that much more egregious without any draft pick taken, is the cheating.

Currently, he's recycling the Ray Rice elevator line of "we don't have the legal authority to see a security tape in the state of NJ" with his most recent comments. The irony is, his testifying in a federal court that Article 46 gives him the right to do what he wants (including breaking US law, apparently), is the idea that could be used against him. Funny how he claims to be an all-encompassing power figure, but when he really needs to do the right thing, that Article 46 up and disappears.

He's so used to easily getting away with these things, he may have been caught here for good by protecting Snyder and tied into these Gruden email leaks.

Would you still want it to happen if it meant the NFL had a huge black eye and was radioactive for large swaths of the country for a generation? If it meant a huge battle and drawn out attempt to "cancel" the NFL, where football was shifted even farther towards being considered a neanderthal sport played by the unevolved, something it had been emerging from for at least 2 decades until the CTE stuff stunted it's momentum?

What's a take-down of Goodell worth to you?

Would you still want it to happen if it meant the NFL had a huge black eye and was radioactive for large swaths of the country for a generation? If it meant a huge battle and drawn out attempt to "cancel" the NFL, where football was shifted even farther towards being considered a neanderthal sport played by the unevolved, something it had been emerging from for at least 2 decades until the CTE stuff stunted it's momentum?

A lot, actually. Full vindication and admitting he was acting against our team to weaken it due to other owners' jealousy and an attempt to gain an advantage by trying to catching up the greatness of these teams the last 15 years.

I turn on my tv and I see violent domestic abusers running around with absolutely no punishment of any kind. The cover ups have been vast over the past 15 years, too. I can only imagine what's on these emails.

Goodell has sold out the league, basically. I wouldn't be shocked at all if this is why Tagliabue moved on in 2005. He wanted no part of the unethical antics Goodell would be willing to do for 40 million per year.

Last edited:

First, I am not convinced one bit that this is going to knock Goodell off his throne.

But.....if this thing does gain a lot more traction I can easily envision the NFL answering any cancellation momentum by letting Goodell play the sacrificial lamb with the tacit suggestion that his ejection will scrub all the sins away. They could then, for instance, hire somebody who is politically bulletproof along with the proper blah, blah, blah and give Roger a private golden parachute
so he can, for instance, buy an island in the Caribbean and build his own sex temple. Show him enough cash and I think he'd consider retiring someplace where nobody gives a shit about dirty
backroom deals, because that's standard operating procedure for the stinking rich.

The NFL is wildly popular. There would have to be a shitload of really bad emails, etc., released to put a serious dent in their armor. I don't think anybody can really hurt them, including Congress, but they could end up making a symbolic move like the above if things really blow up big.

Well, tomorrow is the day and on the eve of Goodell needing to turn over documents to Congress to show there is no favoritism, racism or bigotry flying around the NFL with Newton penalized for not following protocols, Goodell covers up for Aaron Rodgers and his thumbing his nose at the rules in the same way.

It can't be made up. It just can't.

First, I am not convinced one bit that this is going to knock Goodell off his throne.
First, second, and third. He's the Teflon Don. Money talks and he's made so much for so many rich white guys. A few politicians will ring their hands about it to get a sound bite, but in the end nothing comes of this.

First, second, and third. He's the Teflon Don. Money talks and he's made so much for so many rich white guys. A few politicians will ring their hands about it to get a sound bite, but in the end nothing comes of this.

Goodell knows where all the skeletons are of every owner. You can bet on that.

He is not going anywhere. He makes the owners way too much money for him to go anywheres.
Any half-way competent NFL commissioner will keep the gravy train intact. The popularity of the NFL isn't dependent upon who's wearing the suit in the commissioner's office.

And let's not pretend that Goodell bring a unique set of skills to the position. It's quite possible someone else would have done even better.

Last edited:
What's interesting is today we learn one of the lead cheaters of interest from Congress, Goodell's lead cheating attorney, Jeff Pash, is good friends with Packers president, Mark Murphy. Pash is the bigoted racist who talked about the "lord's work" (creepy) to Bruce Allen in those emails.

One of the key features that Congress is looking into here, with documents due today, is if the NFL is treating all NFL teams fairly, which we know they aren't. It's not "if", it's just how bad has the cheating been from 345 Park Ave.

Rodgers and the Packers just got caught breaking NFL rules and nothing has happened. Cam Newton lost his job over breaking Covid protocols, while Rodgers is allowed to do as he pleases.

The timing of this is incredible and it sounds like other owners aren't too happy about this development either:

Any half-way competent NFL commissioner will keep the gravy train intact. The popularity of the NFL isn't dependent upon who's wearing the suit in the commissioner's office.

And let's not pretend that Goodell bring a unique set of skills to the position. It's quite possible someone else would have done even better.
Oh, without a doubt.

He is not going anywhere. He makes the owners way too much money for him to go anywheres.
Well, unless there is some scathing evidence to show that there is consumer fraud. I've never quite understood the idea that Goodell makes the league money. A monkey could sit up there and people would still watch and play fantasy football.

Well, unless there is some scathing evidence to show that there is consumer fraud. I've never quite understood the idea that Goodell makes the league money. A monkey could sit up there and people would still watch and play fantasy football.
Perhaps. I could buy that. But at the moment he is their monkey.

"...and he reiterated the NFL’s message that, because some current or former WFT employees requested anonymity, everything about the investigation (other than the broad conclusions) would be kept secret."

Except for the emails we leaked with regards to Chuckie... That shit we didn't keep secret mostly because he called me names, it was just bonus there were some racist nuggets in there too

he's basically the fall guy...the guy owners can pimp all their shit onto so the fans hate him not them. being a fall guy pays very well, cris carter notwithstanding. 😁

he's basically the fall guy...the guy owners can pimp all their shit onto so the fans hate him not them. being a fall guy pays very well, cris carter notwithstanding. 😁
Right, but anyone would do that for 40 million per year. I am also trying to understand why the NFL would want to be known as a scumbag, corrupt product. No other league behaves the way the NFL does.

I would gladly see the destruction of the NFL to see the end of that piece of shit Goodell.

I'll backfill my time with college football or the inevitable replacement league that is sure to sprout up because... people love football.

Now, I know that is a pipe dream, but Goodell has taken a great deal of the shine from this once great league. I would call myself someone who loves football, hates the NFL. That falls on the duplicitous, corrupt, shithead at the helm.

I would gladly see the destruction of the NFL to see the end of that piece of shit Goodell.

I'll backfill my time with college football or the inevitable replacement league that is sure to sprout up because... people love football.

Now, I know that is a pipe dream, but Goodell has taken a great deal of the shine from this once great league. I would call myself someone who loves football, hates the NFL. That falls on the duplicitous, corrupt, shithead at the helm.
An NC sighting! 😍

Back