The Matt Patricia Apology Thread

The entire game hinged on one single cornerback? Is that what you're really saying?
Butler was much much better than those who played in his spot. Impossible to say he would have been the difference, but they only need an extra stop or two to win that game and a quality CB may have made just enough plays to do that.

Either way, BB chose to go out with less talent than he had available and the result is what it is now.

Well, I still think that both Jones and Zappe are playing worse this year than last year. I sure don't think O'Brien has improved how they've played in the games. I'm curious if others agree or disagree with my opinion.

Well if you are correct, then O'Brien must really suck, because this offense is significantly worse.
let's examine this-

- first what is Belichick's record without Brady? No Bueno, that's what it is

- now, let's examine BoB

At Alabama, BoB had the advantage of bringing in blue chip recruits (Tua and Jalen Hurts in particular). In BoB's first run with the Pats, he had the GOAT. Even with the GOAT BoB's offenses went 0-2 in SBs. In Houston, BoB had insane talent on both sides of the ball yet would consistently go 9-7 and make a first round playoff exit.

So, to summarize-

- Fat Matt was awful, period. Was awful on both sides of the ball...his single greatest contribution to the end of the Pats run was the Roger Goodell clown nose t-shirt

- BoB is also awful. A combination of Brady, 'Bama and DeShaun Watson are the reason people think he's a great offensive mind

Well, I still think that both Jones and Zappe are playing worse this year than last year. I sure don't think O'Brien has improved how they've played in the games. I'm curious if others agree or disagree with my opinion.
see above ^^^

Back