The NFL Draft, 2022

I never heard of him until watching a Senior Bowl practice. He was sort of a coach on the field and his teammates seemed
to be checking with him and then the talking heads talked about how impressive he'd been.

His resume includes:

* Big Sky Freshman of the year in 2017 starting games at RB and LB

* Switched to QB in 2018 and scored 21 TDs winning all Big Sky QB

* Switched to LB in 2019 and:

2021 was Andersen’s best season yet. Switching to middle linebacker in a 4-2-5 scheme, the Montana State LB amassed 137 total tackles, 14 tackles for loss, 2 sacks, 2 interceptions, 7 pass breakups, and a fumble recovery on the way to the FCS National Championship Game. He won Big Sky Defensive Player of the Year and was named a finalist for the Buck Buchanan Award (given to the best defender at the FCS level).

Just the fact that he got an invite to the Senior Bowl says that a lot of people want to see him.

He's very interesting, has good listed size and is alleged to have excellent speed and plays with a fiery demeanor. He hasn't learned to beat blocks before they get into him, but
he's got the traits to be somebody and the athletic versatility is obvious.
Yeah, he's talented. He was the Bobcats defense for the most part. He would be awesome in NE.

Watching some of the Senior Bowl I was impressed with Austin WR out of Memphis. He small but quick, a fast burst from the LOS, has speed and good hands. He seems to me to be the perfect fit with the group we have now.
Probably with move up to the 2nd round.

Amazingly, PFF has him ranked in the 200's which means 7th round. Several others have him ranked in the 3rd. Rankings will change and I'll bet that he will be a consensus mid 2nd to mid 3rd.

Last edited:
Oklahoma DL Perrion Winfrey took overall MVP honors after making five tackles with two sacks and another tackle for loss. He blew past LSU's Ed Ingram for a crushing sack of Western Kentucky QB Bailey Zappe. ... Along with the aforementioned Mafe earning National team player of the game honors, Western Kentucky DE DeAngelo Malone took American player of the game honors to give defensive players a clean sweep of game awards. Malone made six stops with two QB hurries and an assisted sack. ... Penn State LB Jesse Luketa was one of three National team players to log two sacks, along with Winfrey and Mafe. ... Wisconsin TE Jake Ferguson led all receivers with 62 yards, catching all three of his targets, including one for a score.

I'm hearing that Malik Willis won the Senior Bowl week with the best arm talent. And Pittsburgh's Tomlin followed him around constantly.

And during the rainy practice, Pickett played poorly compared to others.

I'm hearing that Malik Willis won the Senior Bowl week with the best arm talent. And Pittsburgh's Tomlin followed him around constantly.

Just a very weak qb class this year. Carson Strong is probably the best passer of the bunch. Smart kid that can really throw the football but he’s had I think two major knee injuries & those are pretty big red flags.

I never heard of him until watching a Senior Bowl practice. He was sort of a coach on the field and his teammates seemed
to be checking with him and then the talking heads talked about how impressive he'd been.

His resume includes:

* Big Sky Freshman of the year in 2017 starting games at RB and LB

* Switched to QB in 2018 and scored 21 TDs winning all Big Sky QB

* Switched to LB in 2019 and:

2021 was Andersen’s best season yet. Switching to middle linebacker in a 4-2-5 scheme, the Montana State LB amassed 137 total tackles, 14 tackles for loss, 2 sacks, 2 interceptions, 7 pass breakups, and a fumble recovery on the way to the FCS National Championship Game. He won Big Sky Defensive Player of the Year and was named a finalist for the Buck Buchanan Award (given to the best defender at the FCS level).

Just the fact that he got an invite to the Senior Bowl says that a lot of people want to see him.

He's very interesting, has good listed size and is alleged to have excellent speed and plays with a fiery demeanor. He hasn't learned to beat blocks before they get into him, but
he's got the traits to be somebody and the athletic versatility is obvious.
There's something about a LB or any defender that played QB that is appealing to me. QB's see the game differently and I think that would be advantageous switching to the Defense.

A Lamar Jackson type with a small bit of Russell Wilson thrown in.

Lazar thinks the Patriots have given up on drafting WRs with high picks, they have figured that they can't really rank them well, Never works for them so why bother.
Pretty fucking sad that they don't know who will pan out, but most here can pick a few. :coffee:

Back