The NFL Draft, 2022

Last edited:
I'm wondering if BB will trade down more aggressively than usual this year, given that there will be a third more draft eligible players than normal this year. Lots more good players to be had. Last year there were a lot fewer draftable players due to the 2020 college optouts and BB did well. This year could be a better draft for us, if that's even possible.

I'm wondering if BB will trade down more aggressively than usual this year, given that there will be a third more draft eligible players than normal this year. Lots more good players to be had. Last year there were a lot fewer draftable players due to the 2020 college optouts and BB did well. This year could be a better draft for us, if that's even possible.
I really think that is more of a possibility this year. Right now in the process, I'd rather have 2 second rounders and 2 3rd rounders than pick at #21.

If the Pats were to draft a WR with their first pick it, I'm convinced it would be Treylon Burks, Arkansas (Wow) or Drake London, USC (2nd round probably)
Size, strength, speed, athleticism, hands, tracking and intuition. What they produced with bad QBs is simply amazing.
OSU WRs Wilson and Olave will probably be gone by pick 21 but these 2 are legit.
If I were to pick one of Burks and London it would be Burks because he's built like a RB, he runs like a RB but he has the speed, size, burst and hands of a WR1.

Pay attention to Burk's plays vs Bama. 6'3", 225

Drake London would be a good pick in the 2nd round, imo. 6'5", 210. London doesn't have Burks' speed and burst but if BB wants a contested catch guy again, London is that guy Harry was supposed to be. He won't win go routes like Burks but he could be a star in the middle of the field like Mike Evans is. Line him up at Slot or Flanker but not X.
Better than USC's Michael Pittman from the 2020 draft and better than Harry.
A late season ankle fracture may hurt his draft status. Height and wingspan of a TE.

I am expecting the Pats to select a QB in the late rounds (if they arrange to have some late round picks) to challenge Stidham. Maybe a Jack Coan, EJ Perry,, . Perry is probably a UDFA but I have always wanted to see an Ivy League QB on the Pats just for fun.

I not sure what their late round picks are, the two 7s were traded, one for Brown and the other for Ford. So at least one is gone maybe both. But there is the addition of the 6th for Michel.

One of the most intriguing players to me at this time is Daxon Hill from Michigan. He is listed as both a CB and Safety. Will will be needing a replacement for DMac soon and he seems to fit the bill.
He's a guy to keep and eye on over the coming months. I've seen ranked in the top 15 and I've seen him ranked in the 20's.

Last edited:
I have said on quite a few threads here that I would like C. Harris with the Pats.

Last edited:
He's the most BB type of LB in the class from what I've seen so far, even though ther are 2 or 3 rated above him.
Absolutely. I'm not sure how many games you have seen of him but I've seen all his games at Alabama. And I have said multiple times to the TV you need to come to the Patriots. LOL

He didn't do jack shit vs the Bison (in the national championship), but, he's a talented kid.

I never heard of him until watching a Senior Bowl practice. He was sort of a coach on the field and his teammates seemed
to be checking with him and then the talking heads talked about how impressive he'd been.

His resume includes:

* Big Sky Freshman of the year in 2017 starting games at RB and LB

* Switched to QB in 2018 and scored 21 TDs winning all Big Sky QB

* Switched to LB in 2019 and:

2021 was Andersen’s best season yet. Switching to middle linebacker in a 4-2-5 scheme, the Montana State LB amassed 137 total tackles, 14 tackles for loss, 2 sacks, 2 interceptions, 7 pass breakups, and a fumble recovery on the way to the FCS National Championship Game. He won Big Sky Defensive Player of the Year and was named a finalist for the Buck Buchanan Award (given to the best defender at the FCS level).

Just the fact that he got an invite to the Senior Bowl says that a lot of people want to see him.

He's very interesting, has good listed size and is alleged to have excellent speed and plays with a fiery demeanor. He hasn't learned to beat blocks before they get into him, but
he's got the traits to be somebody and the athletic versatility is obvious.

Back