The NFL is Racist as ****

TommyD420

Joe Milton is my QB1
Reaction score
Or at least they are toward Cam Newton.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="Mn1z9Ld"><a href="//imgur.com/Mn1z9Ld">All of the Head to Head hits on Cam Newton</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's the reigning MVP of the league. You think a team could get away with this on Jay Cutler? Let alone Aaron Rodgers? Please. :coffee:

Attempted murder offset by intentional grounding.....

Says it all about last night. I agree with you on this and it's been clear for a while that Cam is treated differently. It's not even that subtle. If Tom or Rodgers had received those hits last night half of the Denver D would have been banned for half the season.

Instead of being honest we're hearing horses**t about Cam being 6-5 and 285 pounds and it's "the way he plays".

The refs in an NFL game missed a call?... :coffee:

A? No. Like 6 blatantly unmissable calls? (Those in the gif are just blows to the head, doesn't count knee-shots, and driving into the ground) Yes.

I would agree there appears to be some bias against Cam. Not sure that makes it racist. Denver always gets some good home cooking calls too.

I would agree there appears to be some bias against Cam. Not sure that makes it racist. Denver always gets some good home cooking calls too.

Fine. Name me the other black quarterback that consistently gets the same calls as their white counterparts. I'm only using Cam Newton in this example because he's the reigning MVP. Jameis Winston and Teddy Bridgewater take hits like this too, but they could be blown off as 'well, they're not as good'.

And before the old canard comes out, No, Teddy Bridgewater isn't a 'running' QB.

Look at the calls that go against Gronk due to his size and ability

False equivalency. PI is a judgement call. Helmet to Helmet, hitting a QB at the knees, hitting a QB in the head, ever, or driving a QB into the ground are not judgement calls, and they're specifically written not to be judgement calls.

Either they're penalties, or they're not. And if they're not, then I don't want to see anyone else getting these calls either.

I seem to recall Brady having his head handed to him a bit in the Denver games last year. Not sure how the calls went tbh

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

I have already copped to bias against Cam, not willing to go with racist at this point.

In 2014, New England was the beneficiary of 2 RTP calls, Carolina was the beneficiary of 6 RTP calls.

In 2015, New England was the beneficiary of 5 RTP calls, Carolina was the beneficiary of 0 RTP calls.

I seem to recall that one of the RTP calls last year came when Garappolo was on the field.

So it seem to me that based on the last two years, the Brady/Newton numbers are the same.

Another blame the refs thread.

Ummmm, no it's not. Tommy is asking if refs intentionally avoid calls against Newton and other black QB's. He's not blaming Carolina's loss on the refs. It's a legitimate question being asked around the league.

From PFT:

NFL admits the obvious: Marshall got away with illegal hit on Cam

Everyone watching the game knew Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall got away with an illegal hit to the head of Panthers quarterback Cam Newton last night, so it would have been alarming if the NFL tried to claim otherwise. Fortunately, the NFL is not trying to claim otherwise.

NFL Media reports that the league office considers that play “obviously a missed call.” Marshall lowered his helmet and launched himself directly at Newton’s head. Marshall will certainly be fined.

Broncos linebacker Von Miller also hit Newton on a play that wasn’t flagged, but that wasn’t necessarily a missed call, as the league office contends that one was close enough that it’s reasonable for the officials not to have called it.

The league is facing a lot of criticism today, both for the officials failing to flag the hits on Newton and for the medical personnel failing to pull Newton from the game to be evaluated for a concussion.

The Panthers say Newton was checked between possessions, checked again after the game and checked again today and does not have a concussion.

I don't think it's racism and find the thought a little rediculous. Though they definitely were not calling things that should have been called, I just don't think the reason is racism.

Sent from my Enigma Device

Your calling the refs racist . Allowing QB to get nailed because he's black.

I'm not, but it's a question being asked. In case you didn't know, refs make mistakes. It's OK to point that out.

I guess you also believe all the pats do is cheat to win. Same pathetic excuse.

What the hell are you talking about? I didn't start the thread, just made a comment. The original poster wasn't blaming the refs for a loss but making a statement that others have put forward.

You need to do better with your reading comprehension.

Attempted murder offset by intentional grounding.....

Says it all about last night. I agree with you on this and it's been clear for a while that Cam is treated differently. It's not even that subtle. If Tom or Rodgers had received those hits last night half of the Denver D would have been banned for half the season.

Instead of being honest we're hearing horses**t about Cam being 6-5 and 285 pounds and it's "the way he plays".

The game was in Denver, it would not matter who was at QB.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

I guess you also believe all the pats do is cheat to win. Same pathetic excuse.

Damn right they cheat to win, you saw how shitting we got with more air in the ball.

So wait, the NFL - a league where the majority of players are black is racist, but only toward Cam Newton?

Maybe the officials simply don't like Cam Newton the person/player who happens to be black?

You can actually not like a black person without actually being a racist.

So wait, the NFL - a league where the majority of players are black is racist, but only toward Cam Newton?

Maybe the officials simply don't like Cam Newton the person/player who happens to be black?

You can actually not like a black person without actually being a racist.

I'm not racist and I don't like cam newton:shrug_n:

Back