THE OFFICIAL: N00bs ~~ Jump In The Water's Fine Here Thread

Hi there! I'm a newbie here. I'm a article author of life, love, goals, politics, news, health, and other interesting things. I find this site interesting and informative and I know I'll enjoy it here as well as learn more to widen my views.

Hi there! I'm a newbie here. I'm a article author of life, love, goals, politics, news, health, and other interesting things. I find this site interesting and informative and I know I'll enjoy it here as well as learn more to widen my views.

Welcome to the Planet Gertie :muse:

Not sure gertie, and I hate to rush to judgement, but looking at your very brief 3 post history, it's seems very possible that you are an odd duck. You should fit in. :Lwelcome:

Cheers, BostonTim

Hey everyone

My name is Tom and I'm from Australia, and my favourite sport is actually Aussie Rules Football. Just from reading through the previous posts I seem to be very similar to AussiePatriot, we even seem to go for the same team...

But seeing as it's the offseason, I like to try and get into supporting the Pats (It's the only team I have a connexion with as I used to live in Boston, and got taken to a few games). There is very limited game coverage in Australia so I watch them as often as I can (and any other football games they may show here), but I figured the best way to get immersed in the Pats is to follow the people that really know what's going on here on the forum.

So I'm basically here to learn as much as I can.

Hello to all the Pats fans on the board, I'm new here.

So here is my introduction, I'm Ryan, I'm 19 (and a little over 2 weeks away from my 20th Birthday), and I'm from the United Kingdom, more specifically I'm from Edinburgh, and I've been a Pats fan for nearly 5 years. My first exposure to American Football came from the Video Game Madden NFL '06 for the Xbox 360, I played a brief demo which was one game between the New England Patriots and the Phillidelphia Eagles (effectively a rematch of Super Bowl XXXIX, although I didn't know it at the time) after that, I began looking online to learn about American Football, and I eventually fell in love with the game and found that the Pats were a pretty damn good team (only the second team in history to win 3 Super Bowls in 4 years).

I've really only just got here as Football (Soccer to most of the members here) in the UK fails to appeal to me much anymore, primarily due to the dominance of only a select few teams and that you face the same teams year on year 3 or more times a season.

Reasons why I love American Football are that the league tries to make it as competitive as possible by having a salary cap and draft, and that there are 32 teams, and the way the fixtures are arranged means you have a lot of variation in who you play. Also as a result of the fixture arrangment means you don't end up playing a whole load of teams 3 or 4 times a season (unless you meet a divisional rival in the Post-season).

I'm also looking to invest in a jersey but don't know which kind I should go for and who to get on the back. So should I go for the Colour Jersey or the Alternate Jersey (white is too plain for me) and can anyone suggest a player I should get? (not Brady, although I like him, I'd prefer another player.)

Hello to all the Pats fans on the board, I'm new here.

So here is my introduction, I'm Ryan, I'm 19 (and a little over 2 weeks away from my 20th Birthday), and I'm from the United Kingdom, more specifically I'm from Edinburgh, and I've been a Pats fan for nearly 5 years. My first exposure to American Football came from the Video Game Madden NFL '06 for the Xbox 360, I played a brief demo which was one game between the New England Patriots and the Phillidelphia Eagles (effectively a rematch of Super Bowl XXXIX, although I didn't know it at the time) after that, I began looking online to learn about American Football, and I eventually fell in love with the game and found that the Pats were a pretty damn good team (only the second team in history to win 3 Super Bowls in 4 years).

I've really only just got here as Football (Soccer to most of the members here) in the UK fails to appeal to me much anymore, primarily due to the dominance of only a select few teams and that you face the same teams year on year 3 or more times a season.

Reasons why I love American Football are that the league tries to make it as competitive as possible by having a salary cap and draft, and that there are 32 teams, and the way the fixtures are arranged means you have a lot of variation in who you play. Also as a result of the fixture arrangment means you don't end up playing a whole load of teams 3 or 4 times a season (unless you meet a divisional rival in the Post-season).

I'm also looking to invest in a jersey but don't know which kind I should go for and who to get on the back. So should I go for the Colour Jersey or the Alternate Jersey (white is too plain for me) and can anyone suggest a player I should get? (not Brady, although I like him, I'd prefer another player.)

Hey Ryan - welcome! You've picked the right team to follow. The Patriots are the greatest team in the NFL with a unique knack for picking the right players.

Welker 83 is a great number to wear. I'd go for blue. Players come and go, but he's been a spectacular team player with a lot of heart for us. If you're a defensive guy, Mayo and Wilfork, 51 and 75, are great, too.

Have fun here. It's a great place!

Welcome, Ryan :wave: You are a very enthusiastic young man as well as being extremely intelligent in your choice of American football teams to root for :thumb:

You chose a great week to get acquainted here, since NE is on their bye week.

:Lwelcome:

Welcome, Ryan :wave: You are a very enthusiastic young man as well as being extremely intelligent in your choice of American football teams to root for :thumb:

You chose a great week to get acquainted here, since NE is on their bye week.

:Lwelcome:

Well I do like my science, Physics and Astronomy in particular, the progression of science is relentless, always new things just waiting to be discovered.

So sad

Sounds like what is happening to the middle class in America right now.

Looking to purchse DVD of Pats vs Jets 11/13/11 game

Hello all,

I accidently programed my DVD recored to the wrong station for last nights game. Did anyone recorded it and be willing to burn it to a DVD and email it to me. If yes, let me know how much it will cost?

whats going on guys. I'm a hardcore chiefs fan from nova scotia, canada. And I'm going to get my first chiefs game ever live this monday night when I travel to foxboro. Me and a buddy are going & my friend is a hardcore chiefs fan; looking forward to partying it up with some patriots fans & doing some tailgating for the first time of my life, and catching a great monday night game (hopefully my chiefs dont get destroyed)

Well if this isn't the shits. This place is gonna go to hell. Another Chef fan.

Pats are a team I like. I like how Bill operates. If you're not cutting it, he dumps yer ass. He doesn't care who you are. Gotta like that in a head coach. Imo, the only way Pioli will ever duplicate success is if pries Belichick away & we all know that'll never happen.

I was all for Pioli when he came aboard & to be honest I don't know if his hands are tied or what. But the fact we have zero depth @ a lot of positions lies squarely @ his feet. :lame:

I dig this smiley. :peace:

Back