The Official Real Life Happens PP Member Support Thread

I hope this all works out for you, my friend.
If I read this correctly, you can't let your hatred of all things Wolverine stand in your way of getting this treatment. :lol:

Hell no! The friend in question is an amazing person and a Wolverine through and through. What a resource! She spent 27 years at Parke-Davis and Pfizer before turning to "retirement" work at Michigan.

Plus, there is a decent chance mini-me (daughter) will attend dental school and Michigan next year (gap year this year). Then what do we do?

Sparty on is what we do!

gonna let you guys in to what i (we) have been dealing with for at least the last couple of months,

if you don't know I lost my mom early May. funeral here. a trip across the nation to bury her.

still have 3 aging parents that we love dearly.

mom in law is in hospital in LA with heart failure symptoms. about 10 days now. she's 88.
brought dad in law down here in our care, pretty healthy physically but not so much mentally. he is going to turn 90 july 1. A true patriot.
I am on a walk this morning and dad in law must have fallen out of bed. I am still about a mile away from home. so wifey had to interrupt her high paying job to take her dad to ER.

and then I have my 92 year old dad 8 miles away and having hard time finding the time to go to visit him, he too is pretty good physically but not mentally

and to boot I am probably averaging 3 hr of sleep a night.

also to boot, learned last week one of my best friends son was in a motorcycle accident.
Our kids grew up together. I think he is going to be ok but probably never the same.

So if I sound melancholy in some of these threads, I hope this explains it.

This too shall pass
God is good.

gonna let you guys in to what i (we) have been dealing with for at least the last couple of months,

if you don't know I lost my mom early May. funeral here. a trip across the nation to bury her.

still have 3 aging parents that we love dearly.

mom in law is in hospital in LA with heart failure symptoms. about 10 days now. she's 88.
brought dad in law down here in our care, pretty healthy physically but not so much mentally. he is going to turn 90 july 1. A true patriot.
I am on a walk this morning and dad in law must have fallen out of bed. I am still about a mile away from home. so wifey had to interrupt her high paying job to take her dad to ER.

and then I have my 92 year old dad 8 miles away and having hard time finding the time to go to visit him, he too is pretty good physically but not mentally

and to boot I am probably averaging 3 hr of sleep a night.

also to boot, learned last week one of my best friends son was in a motorcycle accident.
Our kids grew up together. I think he is going to be ok but probably never the same.

So if I sound melancholy in some of these threads, I hope this explains it.

This too shall pass
God is good.
I wish you peace and compassion as you deal with these life and end of life issues. Many of us understand what you are dealing with from both sides of the coin. Blessings on you and your family.

AOT

You and your wife as well as all the parents are in my thoughts. Take care of yourself you have a whole lot going on.

~Dee~

At this very moment, the flight we booked to FL last month is landing. We are not on it.
Friday, my bride took a pretty good spill working in her garden. I wasn't home, she downplayed it like she just got bruised on her side. She sucked it up over the weekend and didn't say much other than it was sore.
Last night it became clear she was really hurting and didn't want to say anything because she really had to get to FL. Took her to the ER and spent many hours there, and it turns out she broke 4 ribs. That's pretty bad. There was concern about a punctured lung but a CT scan ruled that out. Needless to say I cancelled our flight, car, business appointments and weekend with our son.
I guess we'll just have to go back when things get better. I've got a house I bought that I have yet to spend a night in. It will be a while longer.

The bride is a little less in agony tonight but it's still pretty bad, I can't leave her on her own at all for at least a week to 2 weeks.
It's been 3.5 weeks and I realized I never updated this post. Things are a lot better. Saw some improvement after 2 weeks, still no driving and sleeping at night was impossible. But that is improving a lot. Last week she started getting through daytime with no pain meds. Then was able to drive over the weekend. Now she's off pain meds totally and can sleep in her own bed again, and yesterday was the best she's felt yet.
Still taking it a little on the easy side but I think we can start looking at when we can get to FL now.

AOT.. aging parents is tough... do the best you can but understand you are not Superman and you got to take care of yourself, you are no help to anyone if you don't. Hang in there. I had similar issues in past years and it does end, and when they had eventually passed on, I was very happy I had done all I could. You will feel the same way.

It's been 3.5 weeks and I realized I never updated this post. Things are a lot better. Saw some improvement after 2 weeks, still no driving and sleeping at night was impossible. But that is improving a lot. Last week she started getting through daytime with no pain meds. Then was able to drive over the weekend. Now she's off pain meds totally and can sleep in her own bed again, and yesterday was the best she's felt yet.
Still taking it a little on the easy side but I think we can start looking at when we can get to FL now.

AOT.. aging parents is tough... do the best you can but understand you are not Superman and you got to take care of yourself, you are no help to anyone if you don't. Hang in there. I had similar issues in past years and it does end, and when they had eventually passed on, I was very happy I had done all I could. You will feel the same way.
So good to hear.

Cheers

Great news!

To the bold exactly couldn’t of said it better myself.

~Dee~

This too shall pass
God is good.
I am not sure if it is ok here, if not, please delete.

good kid and family. Kaya is his soulmate.

I get daily updates and everything sounds promising.
This I know,Tyler is always positive and happy.
Yesterday’s update!
From Deborah
Tyler is out of icu and now in the penthouse !!! That's what they call it. It's a really beautiful room no. 5005. Fifth floor He's doing good.

Ty is the same as yesterday, when he's not medicated he opens both eyes & looks at you when you talk & has more facial expressions but he is still resistant to responding to commands from voices he doesn't know. He seems comfortable & not In pain. His treak & catheter seem to be his only aggravation. I think when he realizes responding to commands is the only way he is going to relieve that aggravation & discomfort. He's lost about 15#'s. His arms & legs are still strong, that's all he can move & that's limited. He still has a strong grip & his right foot bounces like a drummer in a rock-n-roll band without the base drum. & he has prehensile toes like me. His progress is helping us cope, he is in a fantastic place.

Deborah is his mommy . I love Deborah. I love the whole family. Tyler is a twin. Anyway, sounds like they need donations.

For those who pray or want to send good vibes into the ether, I am positive they will appreciate it and be thankful.

Last edited:
My turn while I’ve been taking care of 2 suicidal children 2 of my children have been admitted in 2 different hospitals for totally different reasons both are under DRs care for medical conditions... I can really use some support.... my world has been turned upside down. My oldest and youngest both with preexisting conditions. I would love to help them but I can’t ..... I can recommend stuff but ugh, this is now beyond my control.

~Dee~

Niether one has anything to do with me .....

Last edited:
My turn while I’ve been taking care of 2 suicidal children 2 of my children have been admitted in 2 different hospitals for totally different reasons both are under DRs care for medical conditions... I can really use some support.... my world has been turned upside down. My oldest and youngest both with preexisting conditions. I would love to help them but I can’t ..... I can recommend stuff but ugh, this is now beyond my control.

~Dee~

Adding you and the family to my prayer list. If you need to vent more,I will listen. 💞

~Dee~

thinking of you and family,may all be well soon! hugs

~Dee~

Oh boy that is a LOT! I will say something to God for quick relief from these issues for you.

.Thank you my youngest is in Critical care...
The elder is in far better health his just had surgery for a mass on his lung..his daughter baby momma is an Ass

~Dee~

Prayers are offered up.

~Dee~

Niether one has anything to do with me
That's a lot to deal with, Dee. You sound like a strong person. Best wishes to you and your family.

Back