The Official Real Life Happens PP Member Support Thread

Two big tests happened this week. On Monday I had another hip bone marrow biopsy. Fun stuff. Not. This morning I had a PET scan. Both of these tests were timed to be 8-10 weeks post last chemo session on 11/29/23. The Bone marrow biopsy tells us if there is currently findable cancer in my hip bone. The PET scan tells us about the lymph nodes and other places the cancer had been detected back in June.

When I was sitting up on the table of the PET scan machine the tech blurted out that my marrow test was negative. Very. Good. News. 1/2 way home at this stage of testing. The wife and I meet with the oncologist on Friday. Hopefully we have today's scan results by then.

Side note: The last round of chemo sucked for me. My body weathered the first 11 rounds well, considering. That last one kicked my ass and has left a couple of issues. The crazy one is my salivary glands have stopped working. This is a really big deal and impacts so much of your overall health. I go nowhere without a bottle ofd water in my hand and chew gum constantly. Anything with xylitol is my friend as we hope it helps re-start the glands production.

That is the current status. Please pray for a clear PET scan result soon.

Jimmy

Last edited:
Two big tests happened this week. On Monday I had another hip bone marrow biopsy. Fun stuff. Not. This morning I had a PET scan. Both of these tests were timed to be 8-10 weeks post last chemo session on 11/29/23. The Bone marrow biopsy tells us if there is currently findable cancer in my hip bone. The PET scan tells us about the lymph nodes and other places the cancer had been detected back in June.

When I was sitting up on the table of the PET scan machine the tech blurted out that my marrow test was negative. Very. Good. News. 1/2 way home of this stage of testing. The wife and I meet with the oncologist on Friday. Hopefully we have today's scan results by then.

Side note: The last round of chemo sucked for me. My body weathered the first 11 rounds well, considering. That last one kicked my ass and has left of couple of issues. The crazy one is my salivary glands have stopped working. This is a really big deal and impacts so much of your overall health. I go nowhere without a bottle ofd water in my hand and chew gum constantly. Anything with xylitol is my friend as we hope it helps re-start the glands production.

Jimmy
Sending positive vibes for your appointment Friday. Happy that your marrow biopsy was negative! Every lit bit of positive is so important.

When I was sitting up on the table of the PET scan machine the tech blurted out that my marrow test was negative. Very. Good. News. 1/2 way home of this stage of testing. The wife and I meet with the oncologist on Friday. Hopefully we have today's scan results by then.

Side note: The last round of chemo sucked for me. My body weathered the first 11 rounds well, considering. That last one kicked my ass and has left of couple of issues. The crazy one is my salivary glands have stopped working. This is a really big deal and impacts so much of your overall health. I go nowhere without a bottle ofd water in my hand and chew gum constantly. Anything with xylitol is my friend as we hope it helps re-start the glands production.

Jimmy
Hang in there & stay positive,Jimbo. You’re putting up a courageous fight & winning

Side note: The last round of chemo sucked for me. My body weathered the first 11 rounds well, considering. That last one kicked my ass and has left a couple of issues. The crazy one is my salivary glands have stopped working. This is a really big deal and impacts so much of your overall health. I go nowhere without a bottle ofd water in my hand and chew gum constantly. Anything with xylitol is my friend as we hope it helps re-start the glands production.

Jimmy
Consider it done and added to my daily prayers. You have done such a great job of fighting this invasion of your body. You got this, we know it. 💕

Jimmy
Jimmy you know how I feel about you my friend, so you have nothing, but the best positive prayers on my end.🙏✝️

Jimmy
Great news!! Here's hoping for more great news.

Jimmy
While I am eternally grateful that there are cancer treatments available, it breaks my heard to see how badly it can kick the shit out of you. Hoping you get great news on Friday. Will be thinking of you.

Jimmy
I will pray for a clear PET result. But, it's already a done deal. How do I know this?
The same way that I knew that the Patriots would come back from 28-3. Everyone else left the room, but not me. I knew that it was going to happen.
Don't ask me how or why, I just knew.
I'm not saying that I have special powers, I don't. But, when I get these feelings, it usually happens.
Besides we need you guidance next season on the play calling by the new OC. :lecture:

I will pray for a clear PET result. But, it's already a done deal. How do I know this?
The same way that I knew that the Patriots would come back from 28-3. Everyone else left the room, but not me. I knew that it was going to happen.
Don't ask me how or why, I just knew.
I'm not saying that I have special powers, I don't. But, when I get these feelings, it usually happens.
Besides we need you guidance next season on the play calling by the new OC. :lecture:
AVP eh? I don’t know. I think I want Josh back. :dith::censored:

Jimmy
Dude.. you got this. Praying for good news here.

It KNOW it would seem odd to folks outside of this online community for me to say this, but it is 100% true: I really appreciate the support from all of you. I believe I have explained it before so I won't say it again.

THANK YOU!.

It KNOW it would seem odd to folks outside of this online community for me to say this, but it is 100% true: I really appreciate the support from all of you. I believe I have explained it before so I won't say it again.

THANK YOU!.
The most awkward thing is when my wife will ask a question like, "BTW, who was it that commented on your Facebook post? How do you know him?"

Um.... that's just this dude I met online. :coffee:

When I was sitting up on the table of the PET scan machine the tech blurted out that my marrow test was negative. Very. Good. News. 1/2 way home at this stage of testing. The wife and I meet with the oncologist on Friday. Hopefully we have today's scan results by then.

Jimmy
You're halfway home my friend, we will accept nothing but victory on Friday!!

Back