The Officials

The refs were as great as you can expect them to be. Manning had 1 good drive the entire game, and it got them the 1 TD they needed. Their D did the rest, and we couldn't beat them. Fair and square.

Call it whining if you want but I'm legitimately curious how the refs missed some of those calls.

It's whining :shrug:

The refs called a good game. For the most part, they let the players play. Isn't that what everyone always wants? They made the obvious calls and they were consistent throughout the game.

The Gun Show still likes to hear himself talk on the mic though.

I've always liked Hochuli for this. The less vague you are with the calls the more responsibility you take for making the call.

When they got the backward pass call right, I knew they were not going to be a factor in this game.

the refs were fine stop whining it just makes you look like a sad little man

As does your message board hard man routine.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

When they got the backward pass call right, I knew they were not going to be a factor in this game.

Agree.

One or two missed calls for the Pats, but actually thought the officiating was a better level than normal. The opposite of what I feared.

A couple of blatant holds on Ware and Miller also not called so can't really have any complaints.

The refs let the game be decided on the field, like it should be. They did a lot better job than the Pats o-line did.

it's whining :shrug:

The refs called a good game. For the most part, they let the players play. Isn't that what everyone always wants? They made the obvious calls and they were consistent throughout the game.

+1

The refs let the game be decided on the field, like it should be. They did a lot better job than the Pats o-line did.

Hard to believe the accuracy of this statement. 100% true

Nope, that distinction lies with the offensive offensive line... absolute garbage all game. Even when Brady had time he was hearing footsteps and missing.... by a lot

Agreed. Even on the 2 point conversion, Gronk had one on one coverage and some space in the endzone, but Brady was so used to being quickly hammered, he locked onto Edleman (who was totally covered), and wasn't his usual great self at evaluating the check downs.

Maybe he should have changed his usual game and scrambled more, since the pocket wasn't holding up hardly at all.

Agreed. Even on the 2 point conversion, Gronk had one on one coverage and some space in the endzone, but Brady was so used to being quickly hammered, he locked onto Edleman (who was totally covered), and wasn't his usual great self at evaluating the check downs.

Maybe he should have changed his usual game and scrambled more, since the pocket wasn't holding up hardly at all.

That's the danger for the Donks in the SB. If they rush 3 or 4 on Newton and drop everyone back, Newton will just say thank you and gallop through all day long eating up yards. Will be interesting to see how Denver will deal with him.

Just one question:

Why wasn't the backward pass a touchdown for us?

I mean, if it was a fumble and it was recovered by us and taken to the TD why wasn't it called a TD?

Just one question:

Why wasn't the backward pass a touchdown for us?

I mean, if it was a fumble and it was recovered by us and taken to the TD why wasn't it called a TD?

Because the whistle blew the play dead before it was ruled a fumble.

~Dee~

That's the danger for the Donks in the SB. If they rush 3 or 4 on Newton and drop everyone back, Newton will just say thank you and gallop through all day long eating up yards. Will be interesting to see how Denver will deal with him.

They also have a great run game too so Denver has to account for that as well.

Thanks.

So another TD denied by a "fast" whistle, go figure!

No they blew the play dead just as the pats player grab the ball:shrug_n: At that point it was hard to tell if it was a forward pass or not. The ruling on the field was a forward pass BB Challegened and won It wasn't. Bad call no

~Dee~

Because the whistle blew the play dead before it was ruled a fumble.

~Dee~

I wish the NFL would alter the rules so that if a ref changes his ruling on a challenge, the play that was called dead before the review will be allowed in its entirety. (ie a TD if a player runs it in)

Also, all penalties should be reviewable. You'd fix a lot of shit by doing that.

I wish the NFL would alter the rules so that if a ref changes his ruling on a challenge, the play that was called dead before the review will be allowed in its entirety. (ie a TD if a player runs it in)

I assume it's a player safety thing. They call plays dead to avoid hits when they think the play is over. They blow Plays dead too soon once in a while, but you won't get that rule changed.

Back