The Outside the Box Thoughts with No Accountability Thread

You guys have a terrific Site, here.

Please accept my best wishes for its continued success.

Hmmm. Well, if you go, and Wendy's thread was just a brief sprinkling of fairy-dust from Neverland, and Box still isn't around, then maybe ...

After further consideration, I too have decided it was a mistake to come back to the board. This time I will NOT be back. Best wishes to everyone, but please don't PM or follow up in any way.

Peter's Wendy: next time that you start something, you may want to consider whether you are actually prepared to participate.

After further consideration, I too have decided it was a mistake to come back to the board. This time I will NOT be back. Best wishes to everyone, but please don't PM or follow up in any way.

Was it something I said?

:eek:

Peter's Wendy: next time that you start something, you may want to consider whether you are actually prepared to participate.

Was it something I said?

:eek:

I would say that you and Miki had something to do with him leaving.

I would say that you and Miki had something to do with him leaving.

I'm not saying you are wrong, as I don't know what motivated the drama. I do know that MikieMOD made some posts to FanaticalYankee, and I made a joke post to Midgar (referencing a post made by FanaticalYankee).

If that's why MC left, then so be it.

:shrug:

kbai128586367160681287.jpg

:coffee:

Were we all made greater by their presence, or did they demean themselves by walking among us?

Mikie, I think you were right to make a public statement, so as to prevent anyone/everyone from overstepping. Not sure how what dc posted insulted anyone. People need to chill out; just my .02.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...-Buddy-Ryan-is-spinning-in-his-?urn=nfl,95915

The A-11 offense? Buddy Ryan is spinning in his grave

By MJD
ept_sports_nfl_experts-664320425-1216959244.jpg
Okay, so Buddy Ryan isn't dead. But when someone tells him about this A-11 offense, he's going to go dig a hole, throw himself into it, and use a remote control backhoe to bury himself, just so he can spin in his grave.
Kevin Gilbride once ran the "run-and shoot" offense as Ryan's offensive coordinator, and it got him punched in the face. And that was a simple one quarterback, 4 wide receiver set. The A-11 features one center, two quarterbacks, and then ... well, whatever the hell you want, really. Ryan would've beaten Gilbride to death with a rusty railroad spike had he tried that.

It's legal, it's legit, and it's happening in high school football in California. It was developed by Kurt Bryan and Steve Humphries of Piedmont High School, and college and NFL coaches have come to Piedmont to study it. Bryan estimates that 35-40 Division 1A schools have contacted him seeking more information.
Here's how it works. You've got a center, most of the time flanked by two tight ends. Behind that, you've got two quarterbacks. Other than that, you've got receivers and running backs all over the place, and the idea is that the field becomes waaaaay spread out, and there are about a billion different places the football can go.

As long as they get the requisite number of players on the line of scrimmage, and the requisite number of players don't take off downfield, it's as legal and wacky as a Reno brothel. You can see it in action here.
Will it ever become commonplace in the NFL? I'd love to scoff and say no, it's too quirky and it's just a fad, but someone once probably said that about the forward pass, too.
Gracias, Pro Football Talk.

:cool:

It's legal, it's legit, and it's happening in high school football in California.

Sorry Beagle.

I hate bursting your bubble but the A-11 is illegal in the NFL, the NCAA and in High School now. It was always illegal in Texas and Massachusetts and many states using federation rules had moved to remove the loophole in the kicking rules that allowed the A-11 to function before the federation itself closed the loophole as well banning it's use several years ago. The highlites you posted are from 2008. I think the rules were changed prior to the 2009 season.

Sorry Beagle.

I hate bursting your bubble but the A-11 is illegal in the NFL, the NCAA and in High School in pretty much every state now. It was always illegal in Texas and Massachusetts and many states using federation rules had moved to remove the loophole in the kicking rules that allowed the A-11 to function before the federation itself closed the loophole as well banning it's use several years ago.

I read about the ban later in other articles. I was just surprised to see that this 'thinking-out-of-the-box-scenario' discussed an offense which was actually 5 years old is all.

But the only thing illegal about the A-11 is the alignment of eligible receivers inside the tackles, right? There's nothing wrong with the 2 QB thing, etc. as far as I know.
Posted via Mobile Device

I liked what little I've seen of the A-11. It's strange and different and the way Piedmont runs it is interesting because while they get the desired mismatches up front they also seem to throw downfield more than I'd expect.

I'd like to see a few games to really decide what I think, but on first glance I thought it was innovative as hell. Too bad it is "illegal" in most places, but it is a radical change from what you'd typically see.

But the only thing illegal about the A-11 is the alignment of eligible receivers inside the tackles, right? There's nothing wrong with the 2 QB thing, etc. as far as I know.
Posted via Mobile Device

The numbers are what makes it illegal. Offenses must have five players wearing numbers between 50-79. Those numbers are always ineligible regardless of alignment under current NCAA and Federation rules. In the NFL, those numbers can be eligible but they must report so by rule before the play and there's no changing it pre-snap as in the A-11.

NCAA and Federation still allows those numbers to be eligible on kicking downs only. The loop hole A-11 exploited was that old Federation rules declared alignments where the player receiving the snap was seven or more yards deep to be kicking downs making everyone eligible. No more.

Dana White was spot on with his comments. ESPN is not more then a gossip tabloids. there make up anything just for Ratings.

Since Wendy seems to have retreated to Neverland, perhaps we should rename this the "Grid/Yankee Appreciation Thread".
Nein. The "retreat" was in fact just a delayed blitz. A rope-a-dope.

It's that time of year again, and I have my conceptual whiteboard out and freshly cleaned.

If only I could find some markers...

So you are saying that our Wendy is the new Margaret Thatcher or that she is polarizing?
You'll have to take up the bolded bit with Peter, and I doubt he'll be pleased.

I leave for a little while, and my thread turns into As The Planet Turns. Must I babysit you children constantly?

Back