the patriot way

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just being real, and it's refreshing.

Those guys have preexisting injuries, and Browner is saying target them.. He's absolutely right!

Maybe you shouldn't say it, but hell yeah, you do that!

Personally..I've always thought "The Patriot Way" was just another slogan. I don't get all teary eyed hearing that kind of stuff. I've been through a lot of BS. It is a nice saying and all...but, if you want something bad enough, you do whatever you have to do to get it. Bottom line.

Thump

OK. So what's your point? And who said the Patriots never sign "problem child" players? You're the only one here making that claim. Basically, just so you can then disingenuously knock it down. Corey Dillion, Taqib Alib, Blount, Randy Moss, Patriots have had their share of "bad boys" just like every other team.

My sense is that the Patriots will take in a careful few bad boys, but not so many as to throw the team chemistry, and if someone reverts to the worst of their bad boy ways, they're gone. They will risk a few bad boys. I don't see them embracing the bad boy culture like the old Oakland Raiders once did.

But they certainly don't reject physical play. Rodney Harrison, Junior Seau and others in the old D were thumpers. I for one think they ought to be doing a little more thumping. Smashmouth wins come playoff time.

You want real? OK...all teams bend the rules to win. Even your favorite team does. Fair enough?

Also, GFY...

what does my OP have to do with the reply you made ? At what point, in this thread, did I speak of "bending the rules"

My sense is that the Patriots will take in a careful few bad boys, but not so many as to throw the team chemistry, and if someone reverts to the worst of their bad boy ways, they're gone. They will risk a few bad boys. I don't see them embracing the bad boy culture like the old Oakland Raiders once did.

But they certainly don't reject physical play. Rodney Harrison, Junior Seau and others in the old D were thumpers. I for one think they ought to be doing a little more thumping. Smashmouth wins come playoff time.

Every team takes in a few "sketchy" players....my point of this OP....is that on this forum, if a non patriot sneezes wrong...there are 500 pages on how that guy is a POS and how the Pats dont go for guys like that

and physical players are different from players who publicly state they should break an opponents arm. Thats bush league crap

yes...but publicly state you want to break the bones of other players.....why this just isnt the patriot way....or is it?

In fairness, I am pretty sure it was just tongue in cheek. He's probably hung out with Sherman more than anyone in Seattle.

I don't think he meant it in any serious way, but that's just my impression, obviously.

In fairness, I am pretty sure it was just tongue in cheek. He's probably hung out with Sherman more than anyone in Seattle.

I don't think he meant it in any serious way, but that's just my impression, obviously.

It's so funny how when a patriot says stuff like this it was Tongue in cheek" or just a joke....or misinterpreted.....but a non pat says it....OMG....he's a pos and should be banned and suspended

It's so funny how when a patriot says stuff like this it was Tongue in cheek" or just a joke....or misinterpreted.....but a non pat says it....OMG....he's a pos and should be banned and suspended
It's a good thing there's consistency and good fellowship amongst the fanbases of the other 31 teams.

We lying, cheating, hypocritical, ball-deflating, camera-toting, schadenfreudian sadists have something to which to aspire.

Or not. Time to get back to watching the secret spycam footage from Phoenix.

I'm sure you guys would be ok with Kam Chancilor saying they wanted to re-break Gronkowski's forearm.

It's just football right?

I think there's a marked difference between two presumed friends talking some shit and random players talking about other players in general.

I would be surprised if it were anything but tongue in cheek. If I'm wrong, he's obviously an idiot.

I'm sure you guys would be ok with Kam Chancilor saying they wanted to re-break Gronkowski's forearm.

Chancellor never played with Gronk, I don't think. Wasn't he at VA Tech?

Do you really think this is like bountygate? I don't mean that in accusatory way, just wondering. I wouldn't blame you if you did.

Do you really think this is like bountygate? I don't mean that in accusatory way, just wondering. I wouldn't blame you if you did.

Not exactly. I didn't get that it was TIC like you did (full disclosure, I could be 100% wrong on that.).

I can say with pretty much 100% certainty if the roles were reversed here, I doubt anyone would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. We'd be seeing lots of "douchebag!," "GFY!," and "eat a bag of dicks."

Oh and "Hater!"

it would be refreshing because as somebody stated earlier "hes just keeping it real"

maybe not like bountygate....but he is promoting to his teammates to break the arm of the opposition......

Not exactly. I didn't get that it was TIC like you did (full disclosure, I could be 100% wrong on that.).

I can say with pretty much 100% certainty if the roles were reversed here, I doubt anyone would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. We'd be seeing lots of "douchebag!," "GFY!," and "eat a bag of dicks."

Oh and "Hater!"

you forgot
troll
ban these guys
where is goodell?

Rodney Harrison was also voted the dirtiest player in the NFL for three years running. I really think the OP was pointing out that if ANY player on an opposing team publicly stated they wated to break the bones of a Pats player, this forum would explode with people calling that guy all kinds of shite. Think about it, if the situation were reversed and it was Sherman talking about breaking the injured arm of Browner, there'd be 5 pages here calling Sherman a loud mouthed thug, among other things.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rodney Harrison was also voted the dirtiest player in the NFL for three years running. I really think the OP was pointing out that if ANY player on an opposing team publicly stated they wated to break the bones of a Pats player, this forum would explode with people calling that guy all kinds of shite. Think about it, if the situation were reversed and it was Sherman talking about breaking the injured arm of Browner, there'd be 5 pages here calling Sherman a loud mouthed thug, among other things.
Posted via Mobile Device

you think ??

Oh and "Hater!"

That's what being a fan is - defending your guy and hating on anyone who disses your guys. It exists on every fan forum :shrug:

Oh and "Hater!"

I would definitely give Sherman that credit. Half the time that guy is just trolling and I would fully expect him to give Browner some shit :)

That's what being a fan is - defending your guy and hating on anyone who disses your guys. It exists on every fan forum :shrug:

I disagree.....I have been on at least 20 other forums......and this forum, IMO, has the most ppl wearing rose colored glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back