the patriot way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait...what??!!! this isnt the Patriot way....they never sign bad seeds...they never go after dirty players.....it just isn't the patriot way.....I'll put this guy in the same alter boys as Moss....Haynesworth....and Stallworth.....Ahern

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/...015-richard-sherman-brandon-browner-break-arm

Outsiders just don't understand...

The Patriot way is about respect & a dedication to winning by studying film, learning your assignments and doing your job.

BTW, you left out Clock Killin' Corey Dillon.

Understand now?

I would definitely give Sherman that credit. Half the time that guy is just trolling and I would fully expect him to give Browner some shit :)

ok....so what if it was Revis going to the Ravens and saying "Go break Gronk's arm" or "Brady hurt his shoulder, try to dislocate it"

ok....so what if it was Revis going to the Ravens and saying "Go break Gronk's arm" or "Brady hurt his shoulder, try to dislocate it"

I think that would be very different because there's no friendship or personal relationship. And of course I wouldn't approve of someone saying they should actively try to severely injure other players.

Having said that, I think you'd be an idiot if you didn't test their capacity if they choose to play while being limited because of an arm/shoulder. But that's not to say I would encourage anyone to break anything.

Outsiders just don't understand...

The Patriot way is about respect & a dedication to winning by studying film, learning your assignments and doing your job.

BTW, you left out Clock Killin' Corey Dillon.

Understand now?

ohhhhh...so the "Patriot Way" only applies when the players are being professional.....when the guy talks this kind of crap....it can be separated?

...because I see no respect in what Browner is saying.....I do believe he studied film on how to break somebody's arm

but it's good to know that wanting to break somebodys arm is considered dedication to winning

I rarely frequent other forums, but I live in MD and I can tell you that this forum pales in comparison to those fans.

depends on the forum because each team has numerous forums....the Jet forum I am on is light years better then gangreen and jetsinsider

I think that would be very different because there's no friendship or personal relationship. And of course I wouldn't approve of someone saying they should actively try to severely injure other players.

Having said that, I think you'd be an idiot if you didn't test their capacity if they choose to play while being limited because of an arm/shoulder. But that's not to say I would encourage anyone to break anything.

Take friendship out of it....it's a bush league thing to say, unprofessional and just not "The patriot way"

Take friendship out of it....it's a bush league thing to say, unprofessional and just not "The patriot way"

I don't think I could take friendship out of it.

Completely different sport, but I played tennis at a relatively high level and the amounts of shit I would talk to people I knew from junior years that ended up elsewhere was out of this world.
I would never do that to someone I only knew from being in the same sport on another team.

Shrug, like I said, I could very well be wrong and if I am, then he's an idiot. And he's probably still an idiot for making a public statement to that effect.

I don't think I could take friendship out of it.

Completely different sport, but I played tennis at a relatively high level and the amounts of shit I would talk to people I knew from junior years that ended up elsewhere was out of this world.
I would never do that to someone I only knew from being in the same sport on another team.

Shrug, like I said, I could very well be wrong and if I am, then he's an idiot. And he's probably still an idiot for making a public statement to that effect.
I agree that it's different when it's between two friends, it's still something that should be said to each other on the field and not in the media. Even if he is joking don't you think this is something BB should address? I mean after all, he sat Welker when all he did was make some pretty funny "foot" comments when talking about the Jets. Publicly threatening to break someone's arm is surely worse, right? Or will he let this slide because it's the SB?
Posted via Mobile Device

you have a lot of reading to catch up on if you seriously think there haven't been countless posts here...claiming that the pats don't deal with these type of players

That has never been said. What HAS been said is, "If you don't do things the way we expect, you're gone. Who cares what you did with some other team, pull that shit here, see ya..."

There IS a difference.

ohhhhh...so the "Patriot Way" only applies when the players are being professional.....when the guy talks this kind of crap....it can be separated?

...because I see no respect in what Browner is saying.....I do believe he studied film on how to break somebody's arm

but it's good to know that wanting to break somebodys arm is considered dedication to winning

Again, The Patriot way is about respect & a dedication to winning by studying film, learning your assignments and doing your job.

Anything else doesn't apply to the Patriot Way including WWelker's "foot" speech or Browner talking about breaking arms. All that stuff is outside the realm of The Patriot Way even though it happened in real life. It's separate and certainly not equal.

The way I understand it is the seahags fans are supposed to be mad about Browner's comments, not pats fans. Pats fans should be "whatever it takes to win, baby!". We pats fans should be mad when other teams talk about targeting pats players.

That has never been said. What HAS been said is, "If you don't do things the way we expect, you're gone. Who cares what you did with some other team, pull that shit here, see ya..."

There IS a difference.
wrong......there have people here who have said "the patriots don't sign people who do XYZ" yet we have moss, haynesworth, ahern, stallworth, browner

The way I understand it is the seahags fans are supposed to be mad about Browner's comments, not pats fans. Pats fans should be "whatever it takes to win, baby!". We pats fans should be mad when other teams talk about targeting pats players.

hence....my original post.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back