The Patriots' 2024 Off Season Thread

I think this is a solid move. Osborn is a consistent, productive player at a definite position of need who is experienced but still only 26.

No, it's not a major splash move to get a bona-fide number one field-tilter, but he's been an important member of one of the best
WR groups in the league and, has, in particular, had some great success working out of the slot, although he isn't exclusively a
slot guy.

I would have liked it to be a multi-year deal, but I think it should be viewed as a positive step.

One reason I like the move is that I'd like to see us use several picks on OTs and an interior guy. Having a better WR
room going into the draft may give us some wiggle room to use better picks to shore up what is now the biggest weakness
on the team outside of a franchise QB.

I remember just a few months back Osborn was among a group of people that pulled a person out of a burning car.

1 Year 4 mill deal for Osbourne . Only thing missing is the WTF trade down selection. It would be a Usually BB off season :coffee:

Last edited:
I think this is a solid move. Osborn is a consistent, productive player at a definite position of need who is experienced but still only 26.

No, it's not a major splash move to get a bona-fide number one field-tilter, but he's been an important member of one of the best
WR groups in the league and, has, in particular, had some great success working out of the slot, although he isn't exclusively a
slot guy.

I would have liked it to be a multi-year deal, but I think it should be viewed as a positive step.

One reason I like the move is that I'd like to see us use several picks on OTs and an interior guy. Having a better WR
room going into the draft may give us some wiggle room to use better picks to shore up what is now the biggest weakness
on the team outside of a franchise QB.

I remember just a few months back Osborn was among a group of people that pulled a person out of a burning car.

He is a solid pickup and should complement our current WRs well. You mentioned he was an impt member of a great WR room and he was certainly that.
With Justin Jefferson and 1st round pick Jordan Addison on the Vikings as WR1 and WR2, Osborn ended up 2nd in productivity while playing 73% of offensive snaps.
That tells you what his coaches and team mates thought of him. He played mostly slot & flanker (Z) running crossers and hitches against zone coverage but he can play outside (X).
He doesn't have the size or speed to be a legit WR1 but I think he's a guy who can run a route correctly & move the chains reliably.

Last edited:
9b1c0e85-405d-4883-ba99-97a169b0c119_text.gif

Somewhat of a sleeper…
There it is. The banana in the tailpipe. Whether you fall for it or not is up to you.

1/3 Tyreek Hill's production at 1/10th the price.

He's fine. No better or worse than any other FA that's come through here the last 5 years. So, no trade for Justin Jefferson, or anyone else. Because you can get KJ Osborn for 3 million bucks, and roll over cap space. The spin has started, be ready for a couple of days worth of just how 'underrated' this guy is (Certainly wasn't a product of having Justin Jefferson and TJ Hockenson on the field with him at all times), and of course, what a great value (Great Value Tyreek Hill, maybe) he is, and how smart the Patriots are for not overspending.

This is the worst-case scenario. Just needed the pieces to fall into place to confirm it. Jacoby Brissett, KJ Osborn, no left tackle - definitely QB in the draft now, maybe no WR in the draft, trying to chase tackles. We'll see.

There it is. The banana in the tailpipe. Whether you fall for it or not is up to you.

He's fine. No better or worse than any other FA that's come through here the last 5 years. So, no trade for Justin Jefferson, or anyone else. Because you can get KJ Osborn for 3 million bucks, and roll over cap space. The spin has started, be ready for a couple of days worth of just how 'underrated' this guy is (Certainly wasn't a product of having Justin Jefferson and TJ Hockenson on the field with him at all times), and of course, what a great value (Great Value Tyreek Hill, maybe) he is, and how smart the Patriots are for not overspending.

This is the worst-case scenario. Just needed the pieces to fall into place to confirm it. Jacoby Brissett, KJ Osborn, no left tackle - definitely QB in the draft now, maybe no WR in the draft, trying to chase tackles. We'll see.
Dollar Tree Bob

+1 for a "banana in the tailpipe" reference.

"So whether it was Tyron Smith for $6.5 million guaranteed, or Justin Fields for a sixth round pick in 2025 that could go to a fourth if he plays over half the snaps this year. There was a tipping point there. Or Keenan Allen going to the Bears for a fourth round pick. So like there’s there’s been a couple there that you just say, “oh the Pats aren’t doing anything. They were never really going to do anything”.

Let's see what Mayo can do in his first season at the helm, all he has to do is better 3-14, shouldn't be too difficult.

It's OK if you're underwhelmed at what we've done in FA, because it isn't exactly dazzling, but I'd say that Osborn does actually qualify as underrated.

I knew I saw him go off in a game but couldn't recall the details, then ran across this. Nobody has to watch it, but I'd just ask when was the last time
we had a guy pile up 157 yards in one game? I don't know how many catches it was because I lost count. He does a lot of stuff right like get open
and fights his way to the sticks. He can actually block, too.

We can all get good and pissed if we don't land a proven stud, or a potential stud during the rest of the offseason, but nobody should be upset that K.J.
is on the '24 roster, but I reserve the right to get cranky if we lose him after this season.

View: https://youtu.be/hNlYcSraQug?si=qcKL7o8_2DHgjKkB

It's OK if you're underwhelmed at what we've done in FA, because it isn't exactly dazzling, but I'd say that Osborn does actually qualify as underrated.

I knew I saw him go off in a game but couldn't recall the details, then ran across this. Nobody has to watch it, but I'd just ask when was the last time
we had a guy pile up 157 yards in one game? I don't know how many catches it was because I lost count. He does a lot of stuff right like get open

We can all get good and pissed if we don't land a proven stud, or a potential stud during the rest of the offseason, but nobody should be upset that K.J.
is on the '24 roster, but I reserve the right to get cranky if we lose him after this season.

He might be a decent sign

On paper, he's the best WR we have on the team right now. That may not be saying much since his ceiling is WR2 but at least he's a legit WR2.

We might could've had this guy, too. (Let's see, Aaron Rogers or Brissett...)

View: https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1770194207489315276

Last edited:
Trent Brown opens up to the media

“Just being where we came from, where people would get out of there for a release any chance we had,” Brown told reporters, per ESPN.
Brown added how Ted Karras described the Cincinnati locker room like a “family,” per The Athletic’s Paul Dehner Jr.. That mindset appealed to what he wanted in a team.

"So whether it was Tyron Smith for $6.5 million guaranteed, or Justin Fields for a sixth round pick in 2025 that could go to a fourth if he plays over half the snaps this year. There was a tipping point there. Or Keenan Allen going to the Bears for a fourth round pick. So like there’s there’s been a couple there that you just say, “oh the Pats aren’t doing anything. They were never really going to do anything”.
Well, I don't feel great being on the same side of the fence as these assholes - but the other way to look at it - the media's already turning on them.

You just described Kendrick Bourne 4 years ago.

I was very happy to learn this am that the Pats have contacted other teams about trading for a veteran WR. The FO is still looking.

Back