The Patriots' 2024 Off Season Thread

Interesting that all these players from these 'terrible' drafts are all coming back on second contracts, and getting kudos from the fans.

Interesting that all these players from these 'terrible' drafts are all coming back on second contracts, and getting kudos from the fans.
nailed it GIF

I'm even fine with him being retained. He looked like he could have made a few plays, and that awesome kick off return once upon a time in Buffalo before the wheels fell off.

Ridley to the Titans. ROFL the Patriots can't sign anyone not someone they drafted lol.

I was sort of wrong about next year. It's going to be a shit show and it might be needed at this point.

Titans get Hopkins and Ridley in back to back years - because the Patriots were too cheap both times.

Guess it wasn't Bill after all huh? Sheesh. They haven't improved in FA AT ALL. Nothing. Gibson..is an improvement on the margins. So, it's offense in the draft. Oh boy.

Brace yourself for the excuse making making coming out of 1 Patriot Place. Saw this tweet yesterday and immediately rolled my eyes at who the "sources" were.

View: https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767590727620370907?s=20

I will never believe that the Patriots had serious intent on signing this player to anything other than a monopoly money contract.

Brace yourself for the excuse making making coming out of 1 Patriot Place. Saw this tweet yesterday and immediately rolled my eyes at who the "sources" were.

View: https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767590727620370907?s=20

I will never believe that the Patriots had serious intent on signing this player to anything other than a monopoly money contract.

Apparently they offered 22, but 23 was a bridge too far. No wonder Ridley's camp put out that 'Wolf's playing hardball' tweet. We're now officially in the Stephen Ross school of PR. We're in on every big name and free agent, just to be """""outbid"""" at the very last minute.

What an embarrassment. I'm starting to convince myself that Belichick had a budget to re-sign Brady, at this point. You're going to dumpster dive THIS year? After 4-13? Just re-sign everyone from that 4-13 season. Run it back with some additional dumpster trash.

At least Kraft keeps his profit, that's all that matters.

Apparently they offered 22, but 23 was a bridge too far. No wonder Ridley's camp put out that 'Wolf's playing hardball' tweet. We're now officially in the Stephen Ross school of PR. We're in on every big name and free agent, just to be """""outbid"""" at the very last minute.

What an embarrassment. I'm starting to convince myself that Belichick had a budget to re-sign Brady, at this point. You're going to dumpster dive THIS year? After 4-13? Just re-sign everyone from that 4-13 season. Run it back with some additional dumpster trash.

At least Kraft keeps his profit, that's all that matters.
Kraft spent millions on his fancy screen and other upgrades for the Soccer World Cup. Gillette will get a couple of games and that's it. But Kraft can at least wallow in global attention for a while. That's what he wants.

Kraft spent millions on his fancy screen and other upgrades for the Soccer World Cup. Gillette will get a couple of games and that's it. But Kraft can at least wallow in global attention for a while. That's what he wants.
It's hard to read it any other way.

It was a lot easier to have patience when there was proven success running the show. That backstop is no longer there. If Bill Belichick were still there, and had this free agency, people would be out at 1 Patriots Place with their torches and pitchforks.

Even the biggest Belichick haters have gone completely silent.

Ridley is being ridiculously overpaid. No thanks.

He got overpaid but not by a ridiculous amount. The Pats FO knew they'd have to spend more to get FAs to come here. It's been talked about for weeks.
They have the money to spend and chose not to spend it. Tommy has been talking about cap floor. At this point I'm wondering how the Pats will spend to
that floor by signing jags and a few core players from last year's 4 win team. Do something ffs!

Back