The Wells Report

5. I'm not saying Brady also agreed to it but I'd bet that way. I will change my mind if Brady brings legal action or requests help from the NFLPA. Rumblings from his agent is simply playing along with the ruse although the FrameGate rant by his father was real since he wasn't in on the secret agreement.

If Brady agrees to the punishment, he is going to have a very hard time playing the "I didn't do anything but fighting it isn't worth it." If he doesn't fight the punishment he is going to be fully tar'd and feathered by the media and fans.

Brady has to fight this by every means at his disposal, including suing the league for defamation. Right now I am 100% convinced that Brady is innocent and the Wells Report is a hatchet job. But if Brady meekly accepts punishment, that's the one thing that could change my mind.

If Brady agrees to the punishment, he is going to have a very hard time playing the "I didn't do anything but fighting it isn't worth it." If he doesn't fight the punishment he is going to be fully tar'd and feathered by the media and fans.

Let's see how it plays out. I'm simply telling it as I see it.

This physicist says Exponent gets a 'D' for the way they tested the pressure loss of the wet balls.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-england-patriots-tom-brady-deflategate-scientist-050715

"Their report says that there's no combination of effects that they investigated that could explain the pressure difference, and so there had to be something else going on, other than environmental factors," Syphers said. "My problem with that is that they left out a key environmental factor, and that's how wet those footballs were and the effect of evaporative cooling. And the fact that they don't do that well and didn't see that potentially totally changes the conclusions."

"If this were a professional paper being submitted to a journal, as a reviewer, I would tell them, 'You did not do this part correctly and it cannot be published until you address these concerns and do that right.'"

Well...that's kinda big, as the report concludes that the only remaining explanation (and the 'most probable') is nefarious intentional interference from Tom Brady and his minions...

Brady has to fight this by every means at his disposal, including suing the league for defamation. Right now I am 100% convinced that Brady is innocent and the Wells Report is a hatchet job. But if Brady meekly accepts punishment, that's the one thing that could change my mind.

Innocent people plead guilty in court all the time, simply because they realize they can't fight the system and the deck is stacked against them. If anyone does have the resources, though, it's Tom; let's hope he's in a fighting mood.

Well...that's kinda big, as the report concludes that the only remaining explanation (and the 'most probable') is nefarious intentional interference from Tom Brady and his minions...

Why don't the Pats simply hire a firm to re-enact the weather conditions with both temp and moisture similarities on balls starting at precisely 12.5 psi and video the whole damn thing for public consumption?

CSNNE is saying that sources in Foxboro are telling them they believe Brady could be hit with a 6-8 game suspension.

If that's the case, f**k the NFL, I'll find another sport to focus on.

CSNNE is saying that sources in Foxboro are telling them they believe Brady could be hit with a 6-8 game suspension.

If that's the case, f**k the NFL, I'll find another sport to focus on.

Same. How could we continue giving time, money and energy to a league that would be so ridiculously out of line with both reality and logic?

The great part about your theory is that you can never be proven wrong.

True. But if Tom gets a 1 year suspension, it would be more likely then not... . :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

Thing is as well, if it is a lengthy suspension then it will backfire spectacular on Goodell and the NFL. I can just picture women everywhere reacting with fury that something as innocuous as this and with no proof, gained a quadrupling of the initial punishment of Ray Rice not to mention the weak ass treatment of other domestic violence issues.

The main stream media outside of the NFL covering media would raise a stink about this.

I ended up not paying super close attention to the NFL last season because I thought the new emphasis rules were ridiculous and the refs made a spectacular job of making it borderline unwatchable.
If, on top of this, Brady is hit with a suspension of 6-8 games, I'm done. No two ways about it, I'd rather watch the Celtics do miserably and watch soccer, golf and tennis when there's no basketball.

Seriously. Brady would have been better off smoking a reefer while having a doctor inject him with HGH and Steroids than "more probably than not having instructed some ball handlers to deflate his balls"

So rumor is out of Gillette they expect a 6-8 game suspension which seems WAYYYY out of line.

It's a 25k fine in the handbook.

PEDs is a 4 game fine.

We don't even have proof that Brady is actually guilty.

NFL not innocent in Deflategate scandal

This isn't about football — the Patriots dominated the Colts that night, 45-7, and would have regardless. New England's success isn't because of air pressure. This is about ethics — NFL officials received a tip and, instead of preventing the crime, kept an eye on it.
Colts general manager Ryan Grigson played the role of the parents and, a day before the loss to New England, sent league officials a heads-up via email. From the Indy Star:
"The Colts, he wrote, had reason to believe the Patriots were inflating their footballs to improperly low levels and the team wanted the league's assurances this would not happen in its biggest game of the season.
The message contained passages from a previous one Grigson had received from Colts equipment manager Sean Sullivan. He stated: 'It is well known around the league that after the Patriots game balls are checked by the officials and brought out for game usage, the ballboys for the Patriots will let out some air with a ball needle because their quarterback likes a smaller football so he can grip it better, it would be great if someone would be able to check the air in the game balls as the game goes on so that they don't get an illegal advantage.'
All the Indianapolis Colts want is a completely level playing field. Thank you for being vigilant stewards of that not only for us but for the shield and overall integrity of our game."
According to the Star, Grigson was told that Mike Kensil, a senior member of the NFL Football Operations Department, would be at the game and would brief the officials. Senior members of the NFL Officiating Department also received the forwarded email, and referee Walt Anderson would be informed.
Yet even after the "first time in Anderson's 19 years as an NFL official that he could not locate the game balls at the start of the game," as the Wells Report found, the bus wasn't stopped. It didn't stop until Grigson at halftime received a call from the sideline. Rather than celebrating D'Qwell Jackson's second-quarter interception of a Brady pass, Grigson "slammed down the receiver and stormed out of the press box."
Authorities were tipped, and an illegal act occurred anyway. You'd be irate, too.
MORE: Olbermann takes down Brady | Does Wells Report taint Super Bowl?
Brady's agent on Thursday called the ensuing league investigation a "sting operation." He might be right. But even if the league's intention was to frame the Patriots, it failed to prevent the act. Even if the bully gets suspended from school, initial ignorance (intentional or not) allowed a student to be bullied.
While maybe a handful of league officials are to blame for allowance of deflated footballs in the first half of the AFC championship, the incident points to the larger issue of apparent hypocrisy in and around the NFL. It's like how the league doesn't care about marijuana use for about eight months of the year, but it tests and suspends players in the spring. Careers are compromised and sometimes killed by such hypocrisy.
Former quarterback and current NFL analyst Boomer Esiason pegged it months ago:
"You can say whatever you want about Deflategate, and who said what, but to me this is about how the NFL operates: It's back stabbing, it's insecure and it's childish. ‘You want to call me out? I’m going to call you out. You want to embarrass me? Guess what I’m going to embarrass you.' I'm telling you, this is the way the NFL works. At the end of the day, Tom Brady is the one who's got the last laugh. He's got his third Super Bowl MVP trophy and his fourth Super Bowl."​
This could only happen in the NFL, a league that almost asked for it in 2006 when it changed a rule, allowing teams to supply their own 12 footballs for offense. Maybe LeBron James prefers his basketball a little less inflated, but the NBA makes him play with the same ball as everybody else.
The league, fortunate that New England blew out Indianapolis; that 11 improperly deflated first-half footballs had nothing to do with the outcome, will rightfully punish the bully.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...r-goodell-deflated-footballs-afc-championship

Agreed. Now if only there was proof Brady asked his boys to deflate AFTER the refs inspected and/or BELOW legal limits.

So far, there is none.

There's not hard and fast proof, but the texts leave a strong appearance of guilt. McNally probably wouldn't have been calling himself the deflator with all the conversation about Jastremski giving him a needle and saying that it must be stressful for him to "get them done" regarding his preparation of the balls BEFORE the refs inspected them.

The initial preparation isn't "deflation" and it goes to reason that the Pats would bring those balls in at about 12.5 or slightly above to have a margin for error, because if refs gauge the balls as being under 12.5, they could then fill them to 13.5 and no one is supposed to adjust them after the inspection.

If McNally was taking a needle to the ball after inspection, that's against the rules, even if he was using a gauge and making sure not to deflate them below 12.5 (which he couldn't have done in 1:40 in the bathroom, and there's really no point to deflating if you're just going to stop at 12.5, where you're allowed to be in the inspection anyway).

This f***er Goodell is going to go to town on Brady.

CEgielfVIAAccwd.jpg:large

There's not hard and fast proof, but the texts leave a strong appearance of guilt. McNally probably wouldn't have been calling himself the deflator with all the conversation about Jastremski giving him a needle and saying that it must be stressful for him to "get them done" regarding his preparation of the balls BEFORE the refs inspected them.

The initial preparation isn't "deflation" and it goes to reason that the Pats would bring those balls in at about 12.5 or slightly above to have a margin for error, because if refs gauge the balls as being under 12.5, they could then fill them to 13.5 and no one is supposed to adjust them after the inspection.

If McNally was taking a needle to the ball after inspection, that's against the rules, even if he was using a gauge and making sure not to deflate them below 12.5 (which he couldn't have done in 1:40 in the bathroom, and there's really no point to deflating if you're just going to stop at 12.5, where you're allowed to be in the inspection anyway).

In the context of illegal activities (deflating the balls after inspection and to levels below 12.5), those texts implicate McNally and Jastremski.

If I prefer red velvet cupcakes and my mom bakes red velvet cupcakes, does it stand to reason that there is zero chance that she acted without me instructing her to bake red velvet cupcakes? Who knows what these clowns were up to and why. At this point, any and all references to Brady being involved in illegally deflating these balls is 100% speculation. We don't even have anyone involved accusing Brady of being a participant. What we have is a series of events that can be interpreted to support a particular conclusion. The problem is, the lack of hard evidence means those same events can support a whole bunch of conclusions (some of which do not equal guilt for Tom). The NFL choosing to roll the dice and decide that Tom's so-called 'probable' guilt is enough to destroy the legacy of one of its greatest players would be a ****ing travesty and embarrassment to the game.

Back