The who will be the new Patriots HC Thread

Roberto71

Reaction score
Well now we know. Bill is gone and who will be the next HC?

Really, it seems like two choices.

1. Vrabel
2. Mayo

The question is, did RKK make a promise to Mayo that after Bill, he gets the role? If he did this could be very awkward as you just know RKK wants Vrabel.

Without question it will be Vrabel and we should all be excited about it.

Everything on that depends on who he appoints as OC, OL Coach, who he drafts and who he picks up in FA. He is a defensive-minded HC, so the pressure will be on him from the start.

Sure, but that is going to be the same for any new coach. Also it's going to depend on the new GM but as far as a coaching candidate, he's perfect for us, he understands the culture or at least the intended culture, the division and he's had more success as a head coach than Bill did when he was hired here. Why he's even available is shocking to me.

Sure, but that is going to be the same for any new coach. Also it's going to depend on the new GM but as far as a coaching candidate, he's perfect for us, he understands the culture or at least the intended culture, the division and he's had more success as a head coach than Bill did when he was hired here. Why he's even available is shocking to me.
But what about Mayo? If Kraft made a specific promise to him, it will cause serious issues. Lot of pundits are saying they believe Mayo will get the job.

Lets face it, there is a huge amount if positions now around the league to fill. Any decent coach will have his pick of them. Vrabel could go to multiple spots.

Well now we know. Bill is gone and who will be the next HC?

Really, it seems like two choices.

1. Vrabel
2. Mayo

The question is, did RKK make a promise to Mayo that after Bill, he gets the role? If he did this could be very awkward as you just know RKK wants Vrabel.

Neither instill much confidence.

I'd love to know who the GM will be as the roster is a major issue before a HC is chosen.

Also, the fact McDaniels was with Kraft last game makes me think he's going to be involved somehow.

While Mayo and Vrabel are the leaders in the clubhouse, maybe we need a completely new direction
where raw emotion and full disclosure rules the day. No more wall of silence. At least the pressers, if not
much else, would be super entertaining.

Welcome to the era of unicorns and show ponies.

zo.jpeg

And very importantly and with huge pressure now, the new HC and set up will have the reins in one of the most consequential drafts the Patriots have ever been in. Picking 3, they could get a player who could help establish the team for the next decade, if they pick wrong or a newly enshrined Jonathan Kraft decides he likes a bargain and trades the high draft pick for other picks; any honeymoon will come crashing down and the new HC will immediately be in trouble. No pressure then.

The Krafts better realise a few things. The fanbase is restless and not fully on board with sacking an HC who helped deliver ridiculous success. And they are making it very clear that the Kraft days of being frugal with regard to players are over. You got rid of Bill, and Brady is gone, so the days when you could be miserly and build rosters on a shoestring are over.

I've cheered for Belichick since I saw that Giants defense shut down the K-Gun, which cemented my love for football, and particularly Xs and Os. I cheered for him in Cleveland, and found myself okay when he booted the Patriots from the playoffs. I danced a jig when he came on as DC, and threw a party when he resigned as the HC of the NYJs to come here, and fuck them picks.

Belichick turned me from a casual fan into a football nerd. I'm not going to stop cheering for him now, wherever he goes.

Vrabel getting fired in Tennessee was a bit of a surprise.

Perhaps there were some discussions at the ownership level about upcoming head coaching changes, and possibly a nod-nod wink-wink deal was worked out between Bob Kraft and Amy Adams Strunk.

Vrabel as the new HC in New England and Belichick as the new HC in Tennessee, without all the messy details that a trade of head coaches would involve.

Just a hypothesis, but an interesting one (to me).

Without question it will be Vrabel and we should all be excited about it.

That might be good if he brought Arthur Smith as his OC. The Titans were a formidable offense when Smith was there. Not so much after he left.

The Krafts better realise a few things. The fanbase is restless and not fully on board with sacking an HC who helped deliver ridiculous success. And they are making it very clear that the Kraft days of being frugal with regard to players are over. You got rid of Bill, and Brady is gone, so the days when you could be miserly and build rosters on a shoestring are over.

Couldn't agree more, Roberto.

I would like to see Kraft make run at Eric Bieniemy.

Or at least interview him.
Yeah. Definitely. I wonder how much the Commanders want him as HC? He certainly had a great season for them this year.

Back