These Fans Should Just Stay Home!

Den-in-NH

Happy For Tom
Reaction score
So, last night, the fans in the stadium and my section seemed very good to me. That said, please allow me to rant a bit:

About halfway through the first quarter a get a tap on my back. I turn around and there is this older woman behind me. She's not a regular in my section, I've never seen her before. She asks me to sit down. Bearing in mind the whole section has pretty much been on their feet the whole time.

I say, "Sorry - I don't think I can do that. You should stand up - this a playoff football game after all."

She responds, "I don't give a shit." So I say "Well, then neither do I."

So about 10 minutes later a guy sitting next to her (it must've taken him that long to warm up his balls) grabs my shoulder and says "You need to apologize to her - that was really rude. Sit down." I say "Dude, whatever. If you haven't noticed the whole section is on their feet - if you want to sit the whole time you guys should have stayed home. This is my regular section and we try to be loud."

To this this guy responds, "Well how would you like to lose your tickets because if you don't sit down I'm going to report you."

I was all WTF at this point and was like, "For what, standing - go ahead do what you got to do. I'm not in violation of any rule."

At this point we're starting to draw some attention and some cat-calls from the surrounding area start flying at the guy - people yelling "Stand up!" and such.

I'm starting to get pissed, but trying to be cool. Then this guy pulls this shit - "You got no idea who I am buddy, one call from me and you're outta here."

Now my wife (who is pretty confrontational by nature) has had enough and she turns around and goes off on the guy - pretty much telling him to shut the eff up. She starting to get really pissed and the guy starts telling her not to defend me because I'm ignorant. She starts yelling and now (because my wife tends to swear when she gets pissed), I'm distracted from being pissed to calm her down so she doesn't get herself in trouble. So I quiet her down and say to the dude, "I'm done talking with you - You gotta make a call, make a call, I'm standing."

From here the crowd was totally on my side, so I think the guy got the message to shut the hell up. He didn't say shit after that, neither did she. My section (which I know quite a few regulars in) was pretty good from that point on making sarcastic "Sit down I can't see" comments to each other and NO ONE high-fived this couple after that - they were basically blacklisted.

But man, I was steaming and stewing over that for a bit. They left at some point late in the third quarter - wifey looked cold and miserable the whole game.

Bottom line - if you don't want to be a part of the stadium experience guess what? THERE IS THIS THING CALLED TV!! Watch the game on your damn couch where you can be all cozy and warm and I promise you I won't be standing in front of you!!!

OK, end rant. Thanks for the cartharsis.

So, last night, the fans in the stadium and my section seemed very good to me. That said, please allow me to rant a bit:

About halfway through the first quarter a get a tap on my back. I turn around and there is this older woman behind me. She's not a regular in my section, I've never seen her before. She asks me to sit down. Bearing in mind the whole section has pretty much been on their feet the whole time.

I say, "Sorry - I don't think I can do that. You should stand up - this a playoff football game after all."

She responds, "I don't give a shit." So I say "Well, then neither do I."

So about 10 minutes later a guy sitting next to her (it must've taken him that long to warm up his balls) grabs my shoulder and says "You need to apologize to her - that was really rude. Sit down." I say "Dude, whatever. If you haven't noticed the whole section is on their feet - if you want to sit the whole time you guys should have stayed home. This is my regular section and we try to be loud."

To this this guy responds, "Well how would you like to lose your tickets because if you don't sit down I'm going to report you."

I was all WTF at this point and was like, "For what, standing - go ahead do what you got to do. I'm not in violation of any rule."

At this point we're starting to draw some attention and some cat-calls from the surrounding area start flying at the guy - people yelling "Stand up!" and such.

I'm starting to get pissed, but trying to be cool. Then this guy pulls this shit - "You got no idea who I am buddy, one call from me and you're outta here."

Now my wife (who is pretty confrontational by nature) has had enough and she turns around and goes off on the guy - pretty much telling him to shut the eff up. She starting to get really pissed and the guy starts telling her not to defend me because I'm ignorant. She starts yelling and now (because my wife tends to swear when she gets pissed), I'm distracted from being pissed to calm her down so she doesn't get herself in trouble. So I quiet her down and say to the dude, "I'm done talking with you - You gotta make a call, make a call, I'm standing."

From here the crowd was totally on my side, so I think the guy got the message to shut the hell up. He didn't say shit after that, neither did she. My section (which I know quite a few regulars in) was pretty good from that point on making sarcastic "Sit down I can't see" comments to each other and NO ONE high-fived this couple after that - they were basically blacklisted.

But man, I was steaming and stewing over that for a bit. They left at some point late in the third quarter - wifey looked cold and miserable the whole game.

Bottom line - if you don't want to be a part of the stadium experience guess what? THERE IS THIS THING CALLED TV!! Watch the game on your damn couch where you can be all cozy and warm and I promise you I won't be standing in front of you!!!

OK, end rant. Thanks for the cartharsis.
132597704176-Clap.gif

Must be Broncos fans..:coffee:

You wouldn't have known either way - no gear at all.

EDIT: That said, I'm pretty sure they were Pats fans - which is what pisses me off. With the reputation we have as a fanbase and you're going to pull that shit during the playoffs?? So effing weak.

You wouldn't have known either way - no gear at all.
Either way that couple don't have a freaking clue and one of the main reasons Gillette gets a bad rep for not being loud...Last night the stadium was rocking and I loved hearing it on the TV!

That has happened to me at The SuperDome and Reliant too. I got sick of the blue hairs tossing dirty looks and told them they had missed the opera that was held the night before. In both cases they shut up.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was impressed as hell at the crowd last night. NOBODY sat all game except halftime. Everyone around me was screaming the whole time.

I was impressed as hell at the crowd last night. NOBODY sat all game except halftime. Everyone around me was screaming the whole time.

No doubt. All in all, a very strong showing by our fans. I would love to hear what the "TEE-BOW" chant sounded like on TV (forgot to DVR the game - damn!).

But man, I cannot stand somebody coming into my section who shows up for one game and tells me to sit down...SCREW YOU!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ORW1kuxx2xY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No doubt. All in all, a very strong showing by our fans. I would love to hear what the "TEE-BOW" chant sounded like on TV (forgot to DVR the game - damn!).

But man, I cannot stand somebody coming into my section who shows up for one game and tells me to sit down...SCREW YOU!!!

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ORW1kuxx2xY" allowfullscreen="" width="420" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>
I Heard it,but naturally CBS wouldnt talk about it...

Nice work Den.

There's was no question at all that everyone would be standing throughout the game. We knew a week ago that we would be standing,even when the offense was on the field. No problems in my section. The place was wired!!

Ridiculous. It's the freaking playoffs. Plus, it was like 10 degrees outside. Who wants to sit down and freeze? I hate people who do shit like that. You should've golf-clapped for them.

My section is like that in the regular season. Seems like some guys that sit in front of me are more interested in reporting people than the game. At least during the playoffs it seems like everyone understands the seats won't be needed.

On a side note Broncos linebacker DJ Williams wife/girlfriend was sitting a few rows in front of us during the game. She was pretty loud @ the beginning of the game but settled down quickly.

Good for you Den. I must say I've never in all my years of games seen that happen and especially not in the playoffs.
The guy sounds like a tool and a half telling you that you don't know who he is... I'd have said, " I know who you are, your're the idiot sitting behind me"
Ah well, all's well that ends well.

Crowd was pretty crazy all night too. Such fun....

I have had people ask me to sit or not yell as loudly as I do..they need to get real.

The crowd was as feisty last night as I have heard in YEARS perhaps ever in the new stadium. AWESOME!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KW2J_UZ8lQU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just because Tebow was playin' doesn't mean you're in church :thwak:

Sorry that happened to you and I'm glad the Patriots fans were on your side. Asking someone to sit down during a sporting event is like asking an alcoholic not to drink at a bar. If she couldn't see, she should just watch at home or watch one of the new big screens in the stadium. No business at a playoff game with that kind of attitude.

I just wanted to thank you for attending the game, and keeping your streak alive.

:toast:

I may have sat down during parts of the 3rd or 4th quarter, but even just watching at home I was wanting to stand up (had I not been comfortable in my recliner, I would have). It was a good game if you weren't a bronco's fan. Normally, people sit down during defensive time, but last night, Pats defense was on fire.

I would have done the same thing but without cursing.

Good for you, Den. I had someone once pour a beer on me because I refused to sit. Without going into detail, I got the better out of the situation in the end, and everyone around me lied for me when security came.

Ridiculous. It's the freaking playoffs. Plus, it was like 10 degrees outside. Who wants to sit down and freeze? I hate people who do shit like that. You should've golf-clapped for them.

You the golf-clappingest mofo ever, DP. ROFL

I have witnessed it.

Back