Titans V Patriots Official Game Day Thread

Patriots have been playing really poorly/conservatively for a while now. The OL has completely fallen apart without Solder and without Amendola + Lewis to consistently dump it off and get good yardage on quick passes, and the ability to run the ball the offense has ground to a halt.

Defense hasn't been as good lately but still above an average group.

Need to hope our OL improves and Edelman is able to come in and save the day.

Solid win. Loved seeing our defense get the turnovers and a defensive score. Need to still clean up STs and the offense sputtered at times but like the RBs - White, Bolden and Iosfka? Loved his strength and speed. I think the Blount injury may end being a good thing for this team. Run game is much more dynamic.

Yup, just getting too many shoot yourself in the foot things on offense. Get 8 yards on a run, false start, pass for 8 yards, holding, then sack, now its 3rd and long. Get big play, holding/OPI. Those add up and need to be taken care of. Either we are sloppy or they are not letting us slide on anything.

Patriots have been playing really poorly/conservatively for a while now. The OL has completely fallen apart without Solder and without Amendola + Lewis to consistently dump it off and get good yardage on quick passes, and the ability to run the ball the offense has ground to a halt.

Defense hasn't been as good lately but still above an average group.

Need to hope our OL improves and Edelman is able to come in and save the day.

??? The offense put up 26 today. Would have been nice to punch in a couple of more TDs instead of FGs but the Titans were never going to challenge once Mariota went out and we were up 3 scores. The Oline was overall solid today IMO as the run game got going with three different backs. Brady for sure is missing Edelman but that will change come the post-season.

??? The offense put up 26 today. Would have been nice to punch in a couple of more TDs instead of FGs but the Titans were never going to challenge once Mariota went out and we were up 3 scores. The Oline was overall solid today IMO as the run game got going with three different backs. Brady for sure is missing Edelman but that will change come the post-season.

It's the Titans. One of the worst defenses in the entire NFL and we struggled moving the ball and protecting Brady. We barely threw the ball down field and Brady seemed to consistently being hit.

If we play like we did today against the Broncos, we are going to get blown out. That defense will feast on the offense as it is right now and that is not just on missing Edelman.

It's the Titans. One of the worst defenses in the entire NFL and we struggled moving the ball and protecting Brady. We barely threw the ball down field and Brady seemed to consistently being hit.

If we play like we did today against the Broncos, we are going to get blown out. That defense will feast on the offense as it is right now and that is not just on missing Edelman.

We had 346 yards of total offense which included 93 on the ground. The offense controlled the game with its methodical drives early that put the game out of reach by halftime. The second half was just garbage time as Mariota was out. Brady took some hits like he does every game but he had time for the most part and had a huge pass to White wiped out on a bogus penalty and a near TD to Gronk at the end.

Our offense was in worse shape when we went to Denver and we still put 24 on them. With Edelman back, we get 30+.

Titans were 10th in defense before the game. 8th in pass defense. So probably not one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

The Oline is questionable, I'll give you that. But this was a dumbed-down offense by design. I saw close to a zero struggle moving the ball. Add another TD by White's stellar play that was stolen from us by a bogus OPI call on Martin. DA got hurt, further causing a simplified offense.

Your negativity is really getting old. We're playing phenomenal defense, the offense will be better with Edelman, Amendola, Chandler back, and the ground game seems better than it has in past games.

We're #1 in the AFC, we compete no matter whose on the field, and all you do is bitch. Oh, and tell us how right you were about Mayo.

You should put yourself out of your misery and root for someone else. Or at least take your misery out of here so the rest of us don't have to suffer it

The Oline is questionable, I'll give you that. But this was a dumbed-down offense by design. I saw close to a zero struggle moving the ball. Add another TD by White's stellar play that was stolen from us by a bogus OPI call on Martin. DA got hurt, further causing a simplified offense.

Your negativity is really getting old. We're playing phenomenal defense, the offense will be better with Edelman, Amendola, Chandler back, and the ground game seems better than it has in past games.

We're #1 in the AFC, we compete no matter whose on the field, and all you do is bitch. Oh, and tell us how right you were about Mayo.

You should put yourself out of your misery and root for someone else. Or at least take your misery out of here so the rest of us don't have to suffer it
Good summation Lisa. At this point, I don't expect the Oline to magically transform. They are who they are. They will give protection at times and get beat like a rented goalie at other times. Brady knows this which is why he knows when he has to just eat it or throw it away. Everything will flow better with Edelman and hopefully the run game will continue to be dynamic and contribute. I love what I saw from the backs today. That was my biggest take away along with the dominate D.

Good summation Lisa. At this point, I don't expect the Oline to magically transform. They are who they are. They will give protection at times and get beat like a rented goalie at other times. Brady knows this which is why he knows when he has to just eat it or throw it away. Everything will flow better with Edelman and hopefully the run game will continue to be dynamic and contribute. I love what I saw from the backs today. That was my biggest take away along with the dominate D.

I'm just waiting for Tony to tell me how wrong I am and only watch the box scores and have no understanding of football like he did to Tommy, Clare, Benhamean, and virtually everyone else in the other thread because....

He's The Smartest Man On The Planet.

:coffee:

I'm just glad they covered the 14 points now I get to take some more of mikiemo83 money

One has to wonder what it's like living in a dystopian world and constantly focusing on negatives.

Well what is not to be upset at. We just won 33-16 to get to 12-2 on the season in which we are equal to the Ravens in players placed on IR. We should be pissed out of our minds. What next not covering the spread???!!!

Titans were 10th in defense before the game. 8th in pass defense. So probably not one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

That's a very nice way to spin how they give up 25 points per game and that's while playing a very bad schedule. They aren't a bottom 3 defense, but they're not far off.

We had 346 yards of total offense which included 93 on the ground. The offense controlled the game with its methodical drives early that put the game out of reach by halftime. The second half was just garbage time as Mariota was out. Brady took some hits like he does every game but he had time for the most part and had a huge pass to White wiped out on a bogus penalty and a near TD to Gronk at the end.

Our offense was in worse shape when we went to Denver and we still put 24 on them. With Edelman back, we get 30+.

Methodical drives early? By what measure?

We opened the game with a great 11 play drive. And then....

1. 5 plays, 2 yards, Punt
2. 2 plays, 30 yards, TD
3. 8 plays, 37 yards, FG
4. 6 plays, 25 yards, missed FG
Half time
5. 3 plays, 6 yards, punt
6. 11 plays, 60 yards, FG
7. 6 plays, 32 yards, punt
8. 3 plays, 0 yards, punt
9. 9 plays, 57 yards, FG
10. 4 plays, 2 yards, FG

The offense was gifted great field position by either good returns or bad Titans offense. We weren't forced to drive it down the field, and we we had to, more often then not we weren't able to. There are serious cracks in our offense and the 33 points are not indicative of high level play. Just like the Eagles didn't play particularly well on offense but they still hung a ton of points on us.

One has to wonder what it's like living in a dystopian world and constantly focusing on negatives.

It's not that I constantly focus on the negatives. It's that there is no need to post completely meaningless things such as "Brady is a great QB!" or "Wow Gronk is a good tight end!". I post plenty of equally positive things. It's just that no one bothers to argue those things because they are usually so obvious not even the most obtuse posters can argue them.

The Patriots are in good shape and are still the obvious favorites in the AFC, but unlike a month ago, it looks like the Bengals, Broncos, Jets, Steelers and even Chiefs all have legitimate chances at knocking us off when earlier it looked like we were going to roll to the SB without a single challenge.

The Patriots are in good shape and are still the obvious favorites in the AFC, but unlike a month ago, it looks like the Bengals, Broncos, Jets, Steelers and even Chiefs all have legitimate chances at knocking us off when earlier it looked like we were going to roll to the SB without a single challenge.

Well, no shit...

A lot has changed in the past few weeks. Team has lost its top two RBs, multiple WRs in/out with injury, OL has become a mess, LBs have been hurt/sick, etc.

This team was a force when fully healthy, but it's not exactly surprising that injuries have brought them back to Earth. We will have to see just who they have available come January and if it's enough to beat the other contenders. Don't forget that last January/February, superior coaching played a huge role in a few of those wins. I feel like right now BB and co. aren't really pushing hard for these wins. I'm thinking (hoping) they are saving their best again for when it counts and just trying to make it to January with as many wins and as few injuries as possible.

But yes, you're right, other AFC teams have certainly gained momentum over the same span NE's injuries have crippled its own.

That's a very nice way to spin how they give up 25 points per game and that's while playing a very bad schedule. They aren't a bottom 3 defense, but they're not far off.

Methodical drives early? By what measure?

We opened the game with a great 11 play drive. And then....

1. 5 plays, 2 yards, Punt
2. 2 plays, 30 yards, TD
3. 8 plays, 37 yards, FG
4. 6 plays, 25 yards, missed FG
Half time
5. 3 plays, 6 yards, punt
6. 11 plays, 60 yards, FG
7. 6 plays, 32 yards, punt
8. 3 plays, 0 yards, punt
9. 9 plays, 57 yards, FG
10. 4 plays, 2 yards, FG

The offense was gifted great field position by either good returns or bad Titans offense. We weren't forced to drive it down the field, and we we had to, more often then not we weren't able to. There are serious cracks in our offense and the 33 points are not indicative of high level play. Just like the Eagles didn't play particularly well on offense but they still hung a ton of points on us.

It's not that I constantly focus on the negatives. It's that there is no need to post completely meaningless things such as "Brady is a great QB!" or "Wow Gronk is a good tight end!". I post plenty of equally positive things. It's just that no one bothers to argue those things because they are usually so obvious not even the most obtuse posters can argue them.

They give up a lot of points because they have no offense. Putting D in bad positions, turnovers, etc.

Before he was President Snow, he was Oddball ...

<iframe width="1344" height="840" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YwTGGHaCHAE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back