tOfficial Apology Thread

Shows you what I know :shrug:. I actually knew very little of what the actual goings-on were, just was trying to provide a bit of clarity without making a big stink over it.

You can be angry, I don't blame you. But as far as I am concerned, MD was asked politely to cease and desist and he did not. Quite blatantly, from what I can tell. That is unacceptable. Despite the reasons for acting out, the rules are there for a reason and none of us should be immune from them.

It's only a week. Perhaps in that time, cooler heads shall prevail. By cooler heads, I mean perhaps cooler heads that discuss the matter in PM's, Emails, or somewhere else that it does not become a public fiasco that creates factions with groups and starts a full blown war.

THAT is what concerns the mods here at Patriots Planet. Not someone's private war.

And I was trying to have fun with something that actually originated here, no ton another forum, within the context of the guidelines I was PM'd about by Mikie. In fact, I initially apologized to him for going over the top. dchester was the one who chose to make it public, not me.

Facts are helluva thing. Just like limitless IPs.

And I was trying to have fun with something that actually originated here, no ton another forum, within the context of the guidelines I was PM'd about by Mikie. In fact, I initially apologized to him for going over the top. dchester was the one who chose to make it public, not me.

Shit just got serious. IPs are getting thrown around like Jameis Winston TD passes on Saturdays.

Well, I'm not sure I'd agree with your definition of 'having fun', knowing full well where it would go. Also, when we set up the guidelines, it wasn't with the intention that we want people to find tricky ways around them that don't quite violate them, but do just enough to cause trouble.

Also, poking a mod with a stick probably isn't the best way to make your point. We all have full time jobs and often don't have hours each day to research the intricacies of personal beefs and spend a lot of time refereeing. Sometimes we punch buttons first and ask questions later.

I can't speak for D, but when I moderate, I try to do so with a blind eye and keep the negative frenzy to a dull roar. If you can't see that what you were (and are) doing is having a negative influence on PP, then I don't know what else to tell you. But I think that you do. I imagine you're a bit pissed and are looking for justice.

I don't have a problem with that. But when it makes waves here at PP, then I do have a problem with that.

It would be nice if we could all take a step backwards, put away our swords and let it all settle down. Life is too short for friends to be arguing.

It would be nice if we could all take a step backwards, put away our swords and let it all settle down. Life is too short for friends to be arguing.
OK, you are right. I'll let cooler heads prevail and I won't say anything (at least not right now) that will escalate things further.

BTW, it actually is possible to get banned on Facebook.

:eek:

OK, you are right. I'll let cooler heads prevail and I won't say anything (at least not right now) that will escalate things further.

BTW, it actually is possible to get banned on Facebook.

:eek:

I have never been banned from there, so I would say no.:D

I don't know what he did, but I have a cousin who was banned for a while.

I'm actually pretty nice on there, kids and wife is watching...In fact, I am pretty nice everywhere, which is my downfall.

I'm actually pretty nice on there, kids and wife is watching...In fact, I am pretty nice everywhere, which is my downfall.

Well, hey middy, I didn't know you were on FB. I've got my FB link in my sig, go ahead and send me a friend request. It's good to be friends with the NE Planet peeps on FB, especially for those of us that aren't in NE now and don't have a lot of Pats fans around us! :thumb:

I can't speak for D, but when I moderate, I try to do so with a blind eye and keep the negative frenzy to a dull roar. If you can't see that what you were (and are) doing is having a negative influence on PP, then I don't know what else to tell you. But I think that you do. I imagine you're a bit pissed and are looking for justice.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: :rolleyes:

my morbid curiosity got the better of me and for that I apologize~

Back