Tom Brady - NFL Records

Trucker on 01-09-2008 at 03:13 PM said:
Hey D, Tom Brady is becoming a living legend.

And if he can keep up the good work for more than 1 season, he will actually deserve it !!!!!

Dolphin22 on 01-09-2008 at 03:19 PM said:
And if he can keep up the good work for more than 1 season, he will actually deserve it !!!!!

Yeah, he's only had 1 good season ROFL

Undertaker #59* on 01-09-2008 at 03:17 PM said:

Im talking about hi characteristics advantages, Harrison is of average size & weight...

he is not 7'-13 " like Randy Moss & can out jump 3 DB's ...or as musclular & can out physical defenders for a ball like T. Owens,

Therick67* on 01-09-2008 at 03:25 PM said:
Yeah, he's only had 1 good season ROFL

Passing the ball Tom Brady has "ONLY" 1 single season with a QB passing record !!!

Dolphin22 on 01-09-2008 at 03:07 PM said:
Harrison is as about average a WR in the league as is...he is only 6' and 185 lbs...he is fast & has good speed and great hands...I just described 75% of the WR in the NFL..what they don't have is a great passing QB like Manning...

Don't get me wrong, I love Harrison & he is in my oppinion maybe the best WR in the League for alot of reasons...

Witch is it dumb dumb - in the same post he's 'average' and later in the post he's 'maybe the best wr in the league':confused:

Dolphin22 on 01-09-2008 at 03:26 PM said:
Passing the ball Tom Brady has "ONLY" 1 single season with a QB passing record !!!

How many did Joe Montna have?

Dolphin22 on 01-09-2008 at 03:26 PM said:

The only time a QB has a good season is one in which he breaks a record? :spock:

Dolphin22 on 01-09-2008 at 03:25 PM said:
Im talking about hi characteristics advantages, Harrison is of average size & weight...

he is not 7'-13 " like Randy Moss & can out jump 3 DB's ...or as musclular & can out physical defenders for a ball like T. Owens,

Hey dumb dumb - 7'-13" is 8'-1":thumb:

Dolphin22 on 01-09-2008 at 03:25 PM said:

Could Rice?

Dolphin22 on 01-09-2008 at 03:07 PM said:
Harrison is as about average a WR in the league as is...he is only 6' and 185 lbs...he is fast & has good speed and great hands...I just described 75% of the WR in the NFL..what they don't have is a great passing QB like Manning...

Don't get me wrong, I love Harrison & he is in my oppinion maybe the best WR in the League for alot of reasons...

Harrison used to catch passes from Graves in college and although I like Graves, he was more of a running threat than a passer and Harrison was exceptional even as a true fresh freshman at 'Cuse.

CleatMarks on 01-09-2008 at 04:12 PM said:
Harrison used to catch passes from Graves in college and although I like Graves, he was more of a running threat than a passer and Harrison was exceptional even as a true fresh freshman at 'Cuse.

Look...D22 has put himself in a position where he has to downplay and trash some of the most talented guys in the NFL to support his position on Brady!!ROFL ROFL ROFL

Baron Samedi on 01-09-2008 at 04:16 PM said:
Look...D22 has put himself in a position where he has to downplay and trash some of the most talented guys in the NFL to support his position on Brady!!ROFL ROFL ROFL

Thats not true...I said in my oppinion Harrison is the best WR in the NFL...how that is trashing him makes no sense...

I said his weight & height is all average in this league, 186=5 lbs & 6' even is your typical WR & he doesn't have the physical ability of a T.O. type recoever or jumping advantage like a Moss

Manning's great arm has been an advantage for his great career, if he had Trent Dilfer throwing to him he wouldn't be the Marvin Harrison we know today...

Dolphin22 on 01-09-2008 at 06:17 PM said:
Thats not true...I said in my oppinion Harrison is the best WR in the NFL...how that is trashing him makes no sense...

I said his weight & height is all average in this league, 186=5 lbs & 6' even is your typical WR & he doesn't have the physical ability of a T.O. type recoever or jumping advantage like a Moss

Manning's great arm has been an advantage for his great career, if he had Trent Dilfer throwing to him he wouldn't be the Marvin Harrison we know today...

So Harrison is great because he has Manning throwing to him, but Brady isn't becasue he has Moss...even though Moss's numbers this year are way up compared to his past years...and all of Brady's previous receivers had precipitous drops in production with other QB's...we're not talking one or two guys, or just one other QB comparison....we're talking across the board.

Face it D22, this argument of yours is a loser. Just admit that Brady has great numbers this year because he finally has talent to throw to, not because the talent around him made him great this year.

You keep bringing up his record priot to this year, and all that is doing is proving my point....Brady was in the top echelon of QB's without below average receivers, and has rocketed to the top of the heap with above average receivers.

I had to post something to keep Tom brady's records at the top of the list...

Baron Samedi on 01-10-2008 at 12:36 PM said:
1] So Harrison is great because he has Manning throwing to him, but Brady isn't becasue he has Moss...

2] even though Moss's numbers this year are way up compared to his past years......

3] Face it D22, this argument of yours is a loser. Just admit that Brady has great numbers this year because he finally has talent to throw to, not because the talent around him made him great this year.

1] Harrison is a great WR but his QB has an above average passing arm & #1 in the NFL since the day he started in the NFL...thats a fact...

Brady was definately never ...ever, known or ever recognized for his passing arm in his 1st 6 seasons & didn't even have a single passing record like 23 other acrtive QB' did, Thats a fact...

If Harrison took Deon Branches place that season...nothing would have changed for the Patriots offence or Brady's statistics...

2] This is no differant than past seasons for Moss...he is responsable for the Vikinds as the #2 Points team.... Moss averaged in his 8.2 seasons of starting games which I posted somewere on here a few weeks back 1,300 yards a season & 90+ receptions a season and 15 TD passes & he had 3 - 1,400 yd seasons & 1- 1,600 yadr season with the Vikings

The only differance was 6 TDs...and we all saw those so unimpressive multiple 1 to 3 yard TD passes the length of the coach I watch TV on to purposly break the record...

3] I truly can't believe how blind & ignorant you all are & how you actually lie to yourselves to have such a false image of greatness for this whole Patriot team. You ignore the obvious & you ignore the absolute truth...

Answer me truthfully if that is at all possible...How the greatest QB in the league & maybe of (LMFAO!!) of All Time could get outplayed by the worst QB's in the NFL ? And they didn't have Moss & Welker & Stallworth?

After watching Brady get out played by off the bench C. Peddington ranked15th

25 - 38 - 186 yds - 65.8 pct.- 0 td - 0 int - C. Pennington -
14 - 27 - 140 yds - 51.9 pct. - 0 td - 1 int - T. Brady

Brady getting outplayed by Kyle Boller ranked 24th

15 - 23 - 210 yds - 65.2 % - 2 td - 1 int - K. Boller
18 - 38 - 257 yds - 47.4 % - 2 td - 1 int - T. Brady

Brady gets outplayed by AJ Feeley not even ranked for 2 games

27 - 42 - 345 yds - 64.3 % - 3 td - 3 int - AJ Feeley
34 - 54 - 380 yds - 63.0 % - 1 td - 0 int - T. Brady

Eli Manning ranke 25th in QB rating

22 - 32 - 251 yds - 68.8 % - 4 td - 1 int - E. Manning - 25th
32 - 42 - 356 yds - 76.2 % - 2 td - 0 int - T. Brady

Why do you embelish? It has the opposite effect of your intentions. it doesn't make your point seem more relevant or right. It makes your entire point and post seem like a bunch of BS.

I love that Harrison would not have increased productivity in comparison with Deion Branch and that Peyton Manning has been "#1 in the league since his first day" ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Dolphin22 on 01-10-2008 at 02:43 PM said:

Your problem is, QBs are not on the field at the same time. What one does when playing has no bearing or effect on the other.

Also, I thought Tom Brady was the "best QB in 2007". Why are you disparaging him here with these cherry-picked stats?? Do you promote his greatness in 07 when it fits your argument but downplay his achievements when it doesn't?

Fully* Tilted* on 01-10-2008 at 03:08 PM said:
Your problem is, QBs are not on the field at the same time. What one does when playing has no bearing or effect on the other.

Im merely stating some facts & posted the proof....although Tom Brady may be the best QB in 2007 on the best team ...How great really is he & this team when he compares & is outplayed by losers...and against the worst NFL teams ?

I ask the question why did 4 of the worst NFL QB's in the league perform better than him, and they all easily could have won their games...3 of the 4 QB not only are horrible but their teams have a combined record of 17 - 31 and The Ravens did win there game...the referees help along with nothing but shit ass "luck" gave the Patriots a "W" to keep the record alive...Pats had nothing to do with that win...

4-12 Jets
5-11 Ravens
8- 8 Philly

Dolphin22 on 01-10-2008 at 02:43 PM said:
1] Harrison is a great WR but his QB has an above average passing arm & #1 in the NFL since the day he started in the NFL...thats a fact...

Brady was definately never ...ever, known or ever recognized for his passing arm in his 1st 6 seasons & didn't even have a single passing record like 23 other acrtive QB' did, Thats a fact...

If Harrison took Deon Branches place that season...nothing would have changed for the Patriots offence or Brady's statistics...

2] This is no differant than past seasons for Moss...he is responsable for the Vikinds as the #2 Points team.... Moss averaged in his 8.2 seasons of starting games which I posted somewere on here a few weeks back 1,300 yards a season & 90+ receptions a season and 15 TD passes & he had 3 - 1,400 yd seasons & 1- 1,600 yadr season with the Vikings

The only differance was 6 TDs...and we all saw those so unimpressive multiple 1 to 3 yard TD passes the length of the coach I watch TV on to purposly break the record...

3] I truly can't believe how blind & ignorant you all are & how you actually lie to yourselves to have such a false image of greatness for this whole Patriot team. You ignore the obvious & you ignore the absolute truth...

Answer me truthfully if that is at all possible...How the greatest QB in the league & maybe of (LMFAO!!) of All Time could get outplayed by the worst QB's in the NFL ? And they didn't have Moss & Welker & Stallworth?

Dumb dumb - Brady played against 6 of the top 9 defenses....

Dolphin22 on 01-10-2008 at 03:20 PM said:
Im merely stating some facts & posted the proof....although Tom Brady may be the best QB in 2007 on the best team ...How great really is he & this team when he compares & is outplayed by losers...and against the worst NFL teams ?

I ask the question why did 4 of the worst NFL QB's in the league perform better than him, and they all easily could have won their games...3 of the 4 QB not only are horrible but their teams have a combined record of 17 - 31 and The Ravens did win there game...the referees help along with nothing but shit ass "luck" gave the Patriots a "W" to keep the record alive...Pats had nothing to do with that win...

4-12 Jets
5-11 Ravens
8- 8 Philly

I can't answer your question. Why does it matter if 4 QBs supposedly "outplayed" him if:

A) His team won

B) He was the BEST QB of the season

Every QB is a professional football player and on the field for a reason. Just because they (allegedly) outplayed him for 4 quarters time, doesn't make it "the norm". Over a 16 game season Tom Brady was leaps and bounds better than all of them.

Your point is called a "sample size".

Back