Vikings tonight @ 9PM

Peachhead

Bite me!
Reaction score
Vikings on The History Channel starts a new season tonight @ 9PM ET. It looks like the season premiere is going extra long tonight. There's a recap about Lagertha @ 8 and my DVR says the priemiere goes from 9-12.

My DVR shows 3 episodes of season 5 starting at 8 and ending at 11:03

I'll definitely be watching while a part of me says that killing off Ragnar was a giant mistake. Please don't anyone tell me that it's part of history, so they had to. It's a TV show. They don't have to do anything.

The only thing that'll save the show from Ragnar's weird kids is more Lagertha.

Still, this show has presented us all with some awesome entertainment. It sure feels real enough and they keep outdoing themselves with the action sequences, which are fantastic.

Vikings always delivers.

I'll definitely be watching while a part of me says that killing off Ragnar was a giant mistake. Please don't anyone tell me that it's part of history, so they had to. It's a TV show. They don't have to do anything.

Still, this show has presented us all with some awesome entertainment. It sure feels real enough and they keep outdoing themselves with the action sequences, which are fantastic.

Vikings always delivers.

I agree.

And even if they do kill him off they could’ve bled more storylines off prior. Unless there’s a wink-wink nod-nod of the series length predetermined and the gap is closing.

I agree.

And even if they do kill him off they could’ve bled more storylines off prior. Unless there’s a wink-wink nod-nod of the series length predetermined and the gap is closing.

Tons of stuff they could've done. They could easily have made him into a God and let him show up physically now and again. A Ghost God. Let Lagertha and the kids see him. Anyone that needs a reminder that they aren't him. Let a Ghost lead the warriors into battle. It could be awesome.

One side of me thinks it was better to just kill him than to let him walk around as a confused and half-crippled opium addict, but I was waiting for him to make a complete turnaround and take over again, bigger and badder than ever, but.....

Try to think of any TV show that lost it's most-compelling, dominant character and got better. Thing is, if they can make it 80pct. as good then it would still be worth watching.

Anyhow, let's see how they do it.

Vikings always delivers.

Except for some mixing of the timelines, it's been quite accurate, from a historical perspective.

That is, any given character has done pretty much what they did in history, they simply weren't always contemporaries.

For example, the siege of Paris by Ragnar took place in 845 and Rollo was born in 846.

So if one assumes they will continue the historical "accuracy" then there's some serious excrement coming down, for the various other characters.

I really think I'm going to like this season. There's going to be so many different storylines. There's going to be Bjorn going on his quest. Then the battle between the brothers and Floki doing whatever Floki does. He is still by far my favorite character. Oh and over under on if Lagertha is no carrying King Harald's child. What a weird thing to do.

Pretty good mid-season finale. I'll be curious to see what Rollo has planned. I don't think he's there to help Ivar.

I feel bad for Floki. All he wanted to do was start his own peaceful colony and a few idiots screwed the whole thing up. I was hoping that he would snap and just kill the ones that were causing all the problems.

I was pretty disappointed that Halfdan really didn't even put up a fight against King Harald. I suppose in the end, his death will probably change Harald somehow.

On kind of unrelated subject. Are any of you watching Knightfall? I've been watching but I just can't quite get into it like Vikings. It feels like more of a soap opera to me.

Pretty good mid-season finale. I'll be curious to see what Rollo has planned. I don't think he's there to help Ivar.

I feel bad for Floki. All he wanted to do was start his own peaceful colony and a few idiots screwed the whole thing up. I was hoping that he would snap and just kill the ones that were causing all the problems.

I was pretty disappointed that Halfdan really didn't even put up a fight against King Harald. I suppose in the end, his death will probably change Harald somehow.

On kind of unrelated subject. Are any of you watching Knightfall? I've been watching but I just can't quite get into it like Vikings. It feels like more of a soap opera to me.

I watched about ten minutes of the first episode and didn't like it.

I kept wondering why Lagertha didn't seem to age throughout the years. I'm interested in the quick shot of her cowering with gray hair and looking elderly. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and she dies. She is one of my favorite characters in any show that I've ever watched - her strength, beauty, wisdom and fearlessness. The Vikings were wise to accept a woman's strength. Too bad it didn't translate for so many centuries thereafter.

I thought their season was over? :shrug_n:

Back