Von Miller Says He Will Be a Bronco For Life

I don't see that. I can understand the immature comment, but he has grown up. But the disappearing thing I still don't get.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

I know who I would build a defense around.

In big games, Miller was often a ghost. I think having Ware next to him for sure helped him on the field and off the field in terms of his maturity. But you have to wonder how much Ware has left in the tank at this point.

There is no question Elway had to pay Miller after screwing up the QB situation so badly and as a GM you never want to be in that position.

Nice. I like your style!:huh:

Anyway, as I stated earlier, this situation really is a lose lose for the Broncos. Pay him the big money and take away a lot from the rest of the team. Don't pay him and lose him all together. I guess this is the best of the 2 evils. At least the Broncos continue to get his service. I hope the money doesn't change his play like it does to so many others. I guess we will see.

As for me showing you how jealous you are of the broncos? I don't understand this? Why would Pats Nation be Jealous? You have arguably the best QB ever in the game and have been the top franchise for over a decade! The Patriots are a team that others are jealous of. Not the other way around. Now, when Brady and BB call it quits we can talk. Perhaps you should keep my name off of your fingertips!

*HINT* I'm not jealous and I'm sure that NO Pats fan is jealous because the donkees have just screwed their finances up for a few years. Have fun with Butt Fumble as your QB...

Really? The guy was what made the defense what it was. And they won the SB. You take say the bottom 20 teams last year. Switch the QB out with say the back up and does it change their outcome? No likely. Take Von Miller, one guy away. Do the Broncos with the SB? Or even make the SB? No way. So, while I can agree that no way is a defensive player more important than a QB, I can honestly say that VON MILLER was more important last year to the Broncos than 66% of the starting QBs in the NFL last year.

I don't disagree with any of this. Hell, take him off that roster and you guys in all likelihood don't even make the playoffs. I won't discount what he meant to your team last year.

Wolfe is already locked up. They got a deal done earlier this year. Or late last year. Von Miller isn't probably the best LB in the game. He is one of the best players in the game. His presence on the field changes the game. He is more valuable to the Broncos than a majority of QB's are to their team. I know this will cause a lot of bashing, but if you take a step back and look at him, he is that good.

Here's the thing I'm uncertain about. Why wasn't he more dominant in the regular season, (like he was in the playoffs)? Was he hurt for part of the season, or did he just put up big numbers against some mediocre/backup o-linemen in the playoffs?

I do think he's very good, but I didn't see the same dominance in the regular season to warrant this kind of money (although I saw it in the playoffs).

Here's the thing I'm uncertain about. Why wasn't he more dominant in the regular season, (like he was in the playoffs)? Was he hurt for part of the season, or did he just put up big numbers against some mediocre/backup o-linemen in the playoffs?

I do think he's very good, but I didn't see the same dominance in the regular season to warrant this kind of money (although I saw it in the playoffs).

I think there was a lot of double team play during the regular season. That allowed the rest of the front 7 more freedom and took away from his personal stats. But that was a big reason for the entire defense to succeed. That's my guess. He makes everyone around him better. Again, I wish he would have been a bit less selfish and taken less. But he didn't. To me the lesser of 2 evils IMO is to sign him rather than lose him.

He did not play the same percentage of snaps (75%) as previous seasons (85-90%). Phillips subbed him more to keep him fresher so he would not lose steam and disappear which was his MO. He has a great burst but loses his motor. He did dominate the Pats Oline which really isn't saying much. His SB was spectacular though.

I think there was a lot of double team play during the regular season. That allowed the rest of the front 7 more freedom and took away from his personal stats. But that was a big reason for the entire defense to succeed. That's my guess. He makes everyone around him better. Again, I wish he would have been a bit less selfish and taken less. But he didn't. To me the lesser of 2 evils IMO is to sign him rather than lose him.

he's a great player, but I think the Pats could get the same kind of production out of Collins if they used him that way.

You guys had to sign him, there was no other alternative. Last thing in the world you would want to see is him in Oakland beside Mack or in KC with that already monster pass rush.

he's a great player, but I think the Pats could get the same kind of production out of Collins if they used him that way.

You guys had to sign him, there was no other alternative. Last thing in the world you would want to see is him in Oakland beside Mack or in KC with that already monster pass rush.

Collins is better than Miller as a pure athletic talent. He can do it all. Rush, cover, plug the run. He is still raw but will be a beast eventually.

Collins is better than Miller as a pure athletic talent. He can do it all. Rush, cover, plug the run. He is still raw but will be a beast eventually.

He can whiff it at times, but, I think he has the potential to be the best linebacker in the NFL...just look at that Colts game where he flew over the oline to sack the caveman repeatedly.

Two and a half weeks till we see what we have. I'm not sure I'm ready for football just yet. It's still hot, mountain fishing weather. But I don't have a say, so I guess I will see soon what we have this year.

He can whiff it at times, but, I think he has the potential to be the best linebacker in the NFL...just look at that Colts game where he flew over the oline to sack the caveman repeatedly.

Collins is special. He is still learning but hopefully Bill locks up Hightower and our other young talent on defense around him and we can see him flourish and potentially see a defense even better than 2001-2004.

Two and a half weeks till we see what we have. I'm not sure I'm ready for football just yet. It's still hot, mountain fishing weather. But I don't have a say, so I guess I will see soon what we have this year.

You mean you're not ready to watch the magic of Butt Fumble up close???

...sorry amigo, couldn't help it :toast:

Back