Von Miller Says He Will Be a Bronco For Life

I'm sure Yackity "sack" will show us how we're all jealous and wrong about this whole situation... :coffee:

Nice. I like your style!:huh:

Anyway, as I stated earlier, this situation really is a lose lose for the Broncos. Pay him the big money and take away a lot from the rest of the team. Don't pay him and lose him all together. I guess this is the best of the 2 evils. At least the Broncos continue to get his service. I hope the money doesn't change his play like it does to so many others. I guess we will see.

As for me showing you how jealous you are of the broncos? I don't understand this? Why would Pats Nation be Jealous? You have arguably the best QB ever in the game and have been the top franchise for over a decade! The Patriots are a team that others are jealous of. Not the other way around. Now, when Brady and BB call it quits we can talk. Perhaps you should keep my name off of your fingertips!

His cap hit this year is $11.4M but the next 5 yrs it is $20M+/-.

The Sporting News compares his contract to other top defensive players in the league in an informative article regarding the signing bonus, cash flow and cap hits.

CASH FLOWS
von-miller-contract4_1ech5w5eit0v915v4qhek7byum.png

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...akdown-info-broncos/r2c64ya3tbhf1ftbhdgfdq2id

Good heavens. Looks like Sanchize will be the QB for a looong time.

,,, this situation really is a lose lose for the Broncos. Pay him the big money and take away a lot from the rest of the team. Don't pay him and lose him all together.

Herein Lies the BB manifesto: "We will not be held up. Too bad on that star player, where gonna miss him, but the Pats are sticking with the team."

Nice. I like your style!:huh:

Anyway, as I stated earlier, this situation really is a lose lose for the Broncos. Pay him the big money and take away a lot from the rest of the team. Don't pay him and lose him all together. I guess this is the best of the 2 evils. At least the Broncos continue to get his service. I hope the money doesn't change his play like it does to so many others. I guess we will see.

As for me showing you how jealous you are of the broncos? I don't understand this? Why would Pats Nation be Jealous? You have arguably the best QB ever in the game and have been the top franchise for over a decade! The Patriots are a team that others are jealous of. Not the other way around. Now, when Brady and BB call it quits we can talk. Perhaps you should keep my name off of your fingertips!

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet. You know as well as i do that this deal has the potential to **** the Broncos for the next several years. Belichick would have let him walk and trusted in his ability to fill the hole in other ways. He's playing chess on that multi-level board from Star Trek while Elway is playing Chutes and Ladders.

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet. You know as well as i do that this deal has the potential to **** the Broncos for the next several years. Belichick would have let him walk and trusted in his ability to fill the hole in other ways. He's playing chess on that multi-level board from Star Trek while Elway is playing Chutes and Ladders.

I can agree to some extent. But this was a bit different. Von Miller is different. Arguably the best player in the league. No way does BB let Tom Brady walk after his 1st contract. He is the heart of the Patriots. And Miller is the heart of the Broncos. If Miller keeps his head, I'm happy with him staying. But it's a lot of money that could go else where. Again, time will tell. And again, I was not too thrilled that the Broncos had to deal with this crap. I wish he would have been a bit more helpful in the negotiation. But, his is electric and an amazing talent.

I can agree to some extent. But this was a bit different. Von Miller is different. Arguably the best player in the league. No way does BB let Tom Brady walk after his 1st contract. He is the heart of the Patriots. And Miller is the heart of the Broncos. If Miller keeps his head, I'm happy with him staying. But it's a lot of money that could go else where. Again, time will tell. And again, I was not too thrilled that the Broncos had to deal with this crap. I wish he would have been a bit more helpful in the negotiation. But, his is electric and an amazing talent.

Belichick traded Seymour at a time when he was still probably the most dominant D-lineman in the game.

The difference here is that Belichick has a precedent set. He won't over pay, and is willing to let guys walk or trade them while they still have something left. It works. Elway doesn't appear to have a real game plan at this point...and as a result you guys are stuck with Butt Fumble as your QB among other problems (ie: how are you going to pay Wolf when it's his turn?).

Belichick traded Seymour at a time when he was still probably the most dominant D-lineman in the game.

The difference here is that Belichick has a precedent set. He won't over pay, and is willing to let guys walk or trade them while they still have something left. It works. Elway doesn't appear to have a real game plan at this point...and as a result you guys are stuck with Butt Fumble as your QB among other problems (ie: how are you going to pay Wolf when it's his turn?).

Wolfe is already locked up. They got a deal done earlier this year. Or late last year. Von Miller isn't probably the best LB in the game. He is one of the best players in the game. His presence on the field changes the game. He is more valuable to the Broncos than a majority of QB's are to their team. I know this will cause a lot of bashing, but if you take a step back and look at him, he is that good.

Wolfe is already locked up. They got a deal done earlier this year. Or late last year. Von Miller isn't probably the best LB in the game. He is one of the best players in the game. His presence on the field changes the game. He is more valuable to the Broncos than a majority of QB's are to their team. I know this will cause a lot of bashing, but if you take a step back and look at him, he is that good.

Not saying he isn't, but you have to look at the history of teams that win based solely on defense (and let's not kid ourselves...you guys had a WRETCHED offense last year, and you've actually taken a step backward there). I find it hard to justify the cost, and when the Broncos miss the playoffs for the next couple season because you can't build an offense because of limited cap space (look at the Ravens the last couple years), you'll have a better understanding. BUT...I kind of suspect that you might already have that in the back of your mind.

Herein Lies the BB manifesto: "We will not be held up. Too bad on that star player, we're gonna miss him, but the Pats are sticking with the team."

We'll know soon enough with Collins or Hightower. :coffee:

He had 11 sacks last year the same as Chandler Jones. :coffee:

No, this is just a stupid statement. No defensive player is as important as a team's field general.
If he wasn't a Bronco, you'd never say such a ridiculous line.

No, this is just a stupid statement. No defensive player is as important as a team's field general.

Ehh, if we're talking all time greats like a Lawrence Taylor or something, maybe.

Not saying he isn't, but you have to look at the history of teams that win based solely on defense (and let's not kid ourselves...you guys had a WRETCHED offense last year, and you've actually taken a step backward there). I find it hard to justify the cost, and when the Broncos miss the playoffs for the next couple season because you can't build an offense because of limited cap space (look at the Ravens the last couple years), you'll have a better understanding. BUT...I kind of suspect that you might already have that in the back of your mind.

Oh I get it. And I'm not happy. I said it earlier and I'll say it again. This situation really was a lose lose for the Broncos. I believe singing him was the lesser of 2 evils. I The guy is the type of player that can be considered a generational player, that doesn't come around too often.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

He had 11 sacks last year the same as Chandler Jones. :coffee:

Cute

Really? The guy was what made the defense what it was. And they won the SB. You take say the bottom 20 teams last year. Switch the QB out with say the back up and does it change their outcome? No likely. Take Von Miller, one guy away. Do the Broncos with the SB? Or even make the SB? No way. So, while I can agree that no way is a defensive player more important than a QB, I can honestly say that VON MILLER was more important last year to the Broncos than 66% of the starting QBs in the NFL last year.

Really? The guy was what made the defense what it was. And they won the SB. You take say the bottom 20 teams last year. Switch the QB out with say the back up and does it change their outcome? No likely. Take Von Miller, one guy away. Do the Broncos with the SB? Or even make the SB? No way. So, while I can agree that no way is a defensive player more important than a QB, I can honestly say that VON MILLER was more important last year to the Broncos than 66% of the starting QBs in the NFL last year.

He was in the post-season particularly the last 2 games. But he was not during the regular season. The Broncos had great line play, LB play and DB play. It was an around great defense at every level. If you want to say Miller was the biggest piece, ok. But I would put Talib right there with him.

It is insane to pay a defensive player that type of contract particularly one like Miller who has a history of disappearing and is one violation away from missing an entire season. But Elway had no choice. He should have locked him prior to this season but he didn't and Miller pulled a Flacco and won SB MVP.

He was in the post-season particularly the last 2 games. But he was not during the regular season. The Broncos had great line play, LB play and DB play. It was an around great defense at every level. If you want to say Miller was the biggest piece, ok. But I would put Talib right there with him.

It is insane to pay a defensive player that type of contract particularly one like Miller who has a history of disappearing and is one violation away from missing an entire season. But Elway had no choice. He should have locked him prior to this season but he didn't and Miller pulled a Flacco and won SB MVP.

now that is laughable!

And a history of disappearing? That doesn't make sense!

now that is laughable!

And a history of disappearing? That doesn't make sense!

That was Miller's MO prior to this season. In many ways he has been like Flacco who also was not a great post-season performer until 2012 and his magic run. The real question with Miller is how motivated will he be after getting paid. Will he be like Suh or Watt? He has always been immature and also suspended so a pretty big gamble by Elway but again he had no choice because he did not lock him up sooner.

That was Miller's MO prior to this season. In many ways he has been like Flacco who also was not a great post-season performer until 2012 and his magic run. The real question with Miller is how motivated will he be after getting paid. Will he be like Suh or Watt? He has always been immature and also suspended so a pretty big gamble by Elway but again he had no choice because he did not lock him up sooner.

I don't see that. I can understand the immature comment, but he has grown up. But the disappearing thing I still don't get.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Miller is ranked the third best linebacker...behind Mack and Kuechly.

I know who I would build a defense around.

Back