Von Miller Says He Will Be a Bronco For Life

patfan64

Generally Aware
Reaction score
Not a very good negotiation tactic, if you ask me.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ronco-for-life-gives-paxton-lynch-high-praise

For the first time since he disappeared from our televisions due to his elimination from Dancing With the Stars, Von Miller made a public appearance Wednesday to talk about all things Broncos. The takeaways: Miller, despite his contract status, envisions himself in Denver for the long-term and he's high on Paxton Lynch -- maybe even higher on Lynch than Jerry Jones.

Given the event was for Broncos fans, it would've been shocking to hear Miller say anything else. Regardless, the Super Bowl MVP, who's stuck in contract talks after getting hit with the franchise tag, says he wants to be a "Bronco for life."

"I'm going to be here in Denver no matter what," Miller said, according to The Denver Post. "The contract is going to take care of itself. I'm going to be a Denver Bronco for life."

Of course, the validity of that statement will come down to the money. Per a Yahoo! Sports report last month, Miller and the Broncos are facing a $20 million gap in negotiations. Miller, one of the top pass rushers in the game (16 sacks last year including the postseason), certainly deserves to be paid -- perhaps more than any other defensive player in the league -- but the Broncos' front office has proved to be stingy this offseason when dealing with their free agents and potential trade offers.

Von Miller sees himself in Denver for the rest of his career. (USATSI)
It's only May -- there's still plenty of time for both sides to come together and the Broncos don't need to worry about losing Miller since they tagged him -- so it's not quite time to hit the panic button. Besides, John Elway seems to be on the same page with Miller (at least publicly, anyway).

As for Miller's assessment on the Broncos' new first-round quarterback, he's also talking a big game about Lynch.

"Paxton, he looks like a superstar to me," he said.

Keep in mind, there's probably a 10 percent chance Miller said that to give Broncos fans what they wanted to hear. And there's also a 10 percent chance Miller said that to prevent Jerry Jones from sleeping tonight. Even if Miller truly believes Lynch will develop into a superstar, well, just remember everything positive he's said about Johnny Manziel.

Sure he is IF the scum bag Elway pays him.

He obviously loves the Broncos. Let's see if Elway loves him back.

He obviously loves the Broncos. Let's see if Elway loves him back.

This has Dumerville 2.0 written all over it. I am sure Elway has his Fax machine on "off" as we speak ...

C'mon guys if Gronk said something like this we'd be asking the Pope to declare him a saint. Nothing wrong with a guy liking where he is.

If Gronk was holding out wanting $22 mil I don't think we would be calling him a saint. Especially if said saint was a weed smoking dope that managed to get himself suspended 6 games.

I think its quite a smart negotiating tactic.

Tell everyone you want to stay and you're trying to get it done. Fans love that and it puts the onus on the organisation to make it happen otherwise it looks like they couldn't get it done even though Miller wanted to stay.

Doesn't have to change what his bottom line is.

C'mon guys if Gronk said something like this we'd be asking the Pope to declare him a saint. Nothing wrong with a guy liking where he is.

Nah I would not believe him. I know how it works in the NFL.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

If Gronk was holding out wanting $22 mil I don't think we would be calling him a saint. Especially if said saint was a weed smoking dope that managed to get himself suspended 6 games.

He also cheated the drug test, and not sure it was pot, but ok lets go with that.

amphetamines....steroid cover up drug.:coffee:

Wait....did anyone read this part of the article?

"It appears, then, that the suspension comes from the positive test for amphetamine. But it’s still unclear why it has taken so long to get the appeal resolved.

In late 2011, there was some suspicion that the league tapped the brakes on a couple of potential suspensions in order to avoid derailing Tebowmania. In 2012, the Broncos were among the league’s darlings, given the arrival of Peyton Manning. There’s no evidence that the process as to Miller has been delayed in any way to help the Broncos, however."

So the league held up a suspension to further a team? Yet....air pressure in football.....

Man, I sure hope he stays a Bronco. The dude is a beast. He is the heart of this great defense. Everything you all have pointed out is true. However, the guy really has seemed to change things around since his suspension. Hie play has gotten better. His attitude is way better. He has really matured. Good to see. He is a pretty good guy.

Man, I sure hope he stays a Bronco. The dude is a beast. He is the heart of this great defense. Everything you all have pointed out is true. However, the guy really has seemed to change things around since his suspension. Hie play has gotten better. His attitude is way better. He has really matured. Good to see. He is a pretty good guy.

But he still can't dance. :)

I don't watch those shows, so not sure what happened, but it sounds like he sucked! LOL. He can however dance pretty well over a downed QB.

Gronk dances pretty well generally and very well in his path to the endzone strewn with flattened, dazed and embarrassed defenders.

The NFL version of the '97 Marlins is playing out before our eyes. :popcorn:

Yep. Elway offered Von $39 mil guaranteed. Basically the same they offered Oz. What a joke. Von wants $60 mil guaranteed. Elway has really become retarded this off-season.

Back