Washington reveals new team name, no one offended yet.

fulltilt

Assclownism-it's the genes not a choice
Reaction score

Washington Football Team has actually kind of grown on me, to be honest. Has a kind of Premier League-vibe (intentional or not).

Commanders sucks ass through a giant bendy straw.

I'm offended that it sucks. I think they should have leaned into it a bit and gone from the Washington Redskins to the Washington Red Tape. That's something people are honestly afraid of!

Plus, if you had a defense that tended to allow a lot of first downs and yards, but very few points, the commentary would write itself.

Washington Football Team has actually kind of grown on me, to be honest. Has a kind of Premier League-vibe (intentional or not).

Agree with this. And all the autocorrections from wft to wtf were marvelous.

I'm offended it took them two whole seasons to decide on "commanders"

But then again they were busy trying to get rid of many emails, so I guess we should be understanding. :coffee:

To be fair they had another name picked out and had the Uni's printed only to find out the name was taken..

Commadores.jpeg

I get why it's Commanders, but it's kinda meh, heard that they'd thought about Admirals which I thought sounded better.

Having gotten used to referring to them simply as "Washington" these past few seasons, I'll probably still call them that, and suspect that many others will do so too.

I'm offended that it sucks. I think they should have leaned into it a bit and gone from the Washington Redskins to the Washington Red Tape. That's something people are honestly afraid of!

Plus, if you had a defense that tended to allow a lot of first downs and yards, but very few points, the commentary would write itself.
Jr. and I don't hate the name (they're still the Skins to us)...but think about this- what's a derivative of Commander?

That's right, Dan Snyder just gave every coach in the NFL motivational material..."WE'RE GOING TO DC TO FIGHT THE COMMIES!!!"

I get why it's Commanders, but it's kinda meh, heard that they'd thought about Admirals which I thought sounded better.

Having gotten used to referring to them simply as "Washington" these past few seasons, I'll probably still call them that, and suspect that many others will do so too.
No, horseshit name and I don't care that there's a Naval Station on the Potomac. I don't care that the Naval Academy is on the Bay. You live on an island, I grew up on the North Atlantic coast. As far as I'm concerned, if you're going to call yourself an admiral you better have direct contact with the ocean.

Washington Gridlock
Washington Scandal
Washington Regulators (mount up!)
Washington Hypocrisy
Washington Gladhanders
Washington Promise
Washington Filibuster
D.C. Dissemblers
D.C. Lobby
Washington Monuments
Washington March

If it was NHL, they could reference the BS while honoring the great Colonel Potter as the Washington Horse Hockey Club.

with the level of play this past season, Jr and I started referring to them as WTF...going to miss that as much as Chief Facepalm

To be fair they had another name picked out and had the Uni's printed only to find out the name was taken..

View attachment 9359
What was that one again? I thought I had heard that as well

Don't care either way. you'd think with all the $ and (I assume) creative brainpower the NFL has access to they'd come up wiht a better name. then again, someone ok'd those hideous Buc's uni's they had before Brady got there.
WFT did start to grow on me.

For the last year every time I saw WFT my brain read WTF.

Now every time I see "Commanders" my brain reads "Commodores" which might have been cooler.
... And they could have had it so that all the hype music at the stadium was Motown!

It's too bad that the organization is run by such shit people. The team is actually somewhat likeable IMO. There have been several players throughout the years that I have found myself kind of cheering for. I get that the name change needed to happen but there had to be something better.

Back