We ain't winning the Superbowl.

Roberto71

Reaction score
I'll say it here. We will secure 1st seed and will have the AFCCG in Razor but the team is just not performing adequatly on offense imho.

An incredibly poor team like the Jets showed the Pats weaknesses. Solder is an accident waiting to happen and the one single reason why I don't think we'll win the SB is the O Line. A decent front 7 has Brady getting pummelled and he gets very antsy when he's feeling the heat.

And I think we have to be honest, Tom has not been exactly stellar the past few weeks. He is not making a lot of throws.

A team like the Seahawks in a SB would just be in Tom's face all day.

I'll qualify my opinion by saying we won't win UNLESS the O Line especially and Tom to a lesser extent, improves substantially.

I'll be the happiest man alive if I'm wrong....

I wouldn't base anything on this Jets game. The Pats had 231 yards of offense today. The last time the Pats won with so few yards was 2013 Week 2 vs Jets (232 yards). Rex can always be counted on to point out our weaknesses on offense and he has the defensive horses to pull it off. Fortunately this year, we have some horses too.

+ our OL was in total rebuild today with Cannon, Fleming and Kline playing significant time.

The biggest difference today was our RZ defense holding the Jets to 1 TD while we scored 2 TDs.

Plus, The Pats were forced to rotate Gs and Ts. Solder kicked to TE for Cannon, Kline/Wendell at LG and Wendell/Fleming at RG. OG will be THE top priority this off season.

edit: No Edelman was most impt since he's Brady's security blankie this year.

We can use this thread for our playoff version of the 'HopeI'mWronger' thread (® & © EasyGlumFella) for our 'We Suck But I Hope I'm Wrong (not so) Anonymous' members.

Therapy at its best!

This thread is garbage.

Sometimes I think people around here are absolutely bipolar. The second this team regresses even slightly, we suck, we're not going anywhere, we're done.

While the offensive line was absolute shit today, our defense and special teams were great. Again. And again, did you people watch Brady today? He was getting killed. That's not on him.

Connolly will be back. Obviously, a huge difference maker. Edelman will be back, not only to do what he does best but to block, because he excels at that. McDaniels may have an epiphany and stop calling stupid plays like the one where we were 6 yds away from the EZ.

But not winning the Super Bowl? Please, go take a Xanax.

Well...the Pats haven't played well on a consistent level the whole year. That much is obvious.

The Giants have played like shit and won it all before.

Anything can happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

This thread is garbage.

Sometimes I think people around here are absolutely bipolar. The second this team regresses even slightly, we suck, we're not going anywhere, we're done.

While the offensive line was absolute shit today, our defense and special teams were great. Again. And again, did you people watch Brady today? He was getting killed. That's not on him.

Connolly will be back. Obviously, a huge difference maker. Edelman will be back, not only to do what he does best but to block, because he excels at that. McDaniels may have an epiphany and stop calling stupid plays like the one where we were 6 yds away from the EZ.

But not winning the Super Bowl? Please, go take a Xanax.

Thank you
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh anything can happen clearly and one thing we have going for us is it's not exactly a stellar year for the NFL in that there is not one truly outstanding team.

And this isn't based on the Jets game, it's a culmination of what we've seen up to this point, The consistent concern is the O Line and has been all season. We've played OK in patches this season, last week better 2nd half, and it's been like that all season.

Playoffs are a different animal of course, it's like a new tournament so lets hope for better things there. But based on what I've seen, I'm just not impressed. Sorry, it's just an opinion, many will disagree.

As I said, if we do win it I'll be ecstatic to be so wrong.

Gotta love these bold predictions that appear every frickin time this team faces any adversity.

saying you're not going to win super bowl because a division team that has always played the Patriots tough? Even a Jag fan that hasn't seen his team in playoffs since 2007 knows that's just ridiculous to think that way.

Roberto...here's the thing. Pats play like this on O (shittastic) anytime from 07-13...they lose. They now have a D that can take over a game instead of just hold their own.

Okay.... so who is beating us?

Do you really think someone in the AFC is going to come into Foxboro and slay the Pats. Pittsburgh? San Diego? The Broncos 2.0? Who?

And what about the NFC?

Green Bay has looked like garbage.
Detroit struggled with the Bears today.

Seattle maybe? We'll see. Lot of football before that matchup.

The Pats always struggle with the Jets... Oh wait, you said it's their play recently... you mean that brutal six game stretch where they went 5-1. Yeah, I guess I see what you are saying....

Why is it that some folks want to appear to be very introspective and post garbage like this...

They may not win it all, but there's no evidence present to make the declarative statement you made in the thread title...

saying you're not going to win super bowl because a division team that has always played the Patriots tough? Even a Jag fan that hasn't seen his team in playoffs since 2007 knows that's just ridiculous to think that way.

For the last time, this is not based on one single game. This is a culmination of seeing very poor O Line play for too many games this season plus Tom not playing his very best football which could well be linked to the former but it may not.

Plus I put a disclaimer on it, won't win UNLESS certain things improve.

I'm not a negative person, I'll always be positive even in the face of what seems like certainty. And I'll never give up on this team or stop supporting then, it's an opinion that's all. And I hope I'm very wrong...

Oh anything can happen clearly and one thing we have going for us is it's not exactly a stellar year for the NFL in that there is not one truly outstanding team.

And this isn't based on the Jets game, it's a culmination of what we've seen up to this point, The consistent concern is the O Line and has been all season. We've played OK in patches this season, last week better 2nd half, and it's been like that all season.

Playoffs are a different animal of course, it's like a new tournament so lets hope for better things there. But based on what I've seen, I'm just not impressed. Sorry, it's just an opinion, many will disagree.

As I said, if we do win it I'll be ecstatic to be so wrong.

I disagree about the OL. It's not top 5 but with Solder, Wendell, Stork, Connolly and Vollmer it's been plenty good enough for the last 9 wks.

I agree that we haven't played a 'perfect' game but those are rare these days. The only team I have any fear for this year is Seattle and they are 10-4. Hardly a perfect team either.

Okay.... so who is beating us?

Do you really think someone in the AFC is going to come into Foxboro and slay the Pats. Pittsburgh? San Diego? The Broncos 2.0? Who?

And what about the NFC?

Green Bay has looked like garbage.
Detroit struggled with the Bears today.

Seattle maybe? We'll see. Lot of football before that matchup.

The Pats always struggle with the Jets... Oh wait, you said it's their play recently... you mean that brutal six game stretch where they went 5-1. Yeah, I guess I see what you are saying....

Why is it that some folks want to appear to be very introspective and post garbage like this...

They may not win it all, but there's no evidence present to make the declarative statement you made in the thread title...

Relax FFS, it's an opinion.......You think the Pats are happy with their overall play? Think again, look at Tom's and Bill's demeanour in the post game presser today.

For the last time, this is not based on one single game. This is a culmination of seeing very poor O Line play for too many games this season plus Tom not playing his very best football which could well be linked to the former but it may not.

Plus I put a disclaimer on it, won't win UNLESS certain things improve.

I'm not a negative person, I'll always be positive even in the face of what seems like certainty. And I'll never give up on this team or stop supporting then, it's an opinion that's all. And I hope I'm very wrong...

that's cool but remember teams turn it around all in crunch time all the time. The Colts continuously got their asses handed to them by the run the year they won the Super Bowl. The Pats have a make up to turn it around with the amount of veteran leadership and coaching they have. They are not getting beat until maybe and that is a big maybe the Super Bowl game itself. And that's only if it's Green Bay. Seattle is not beating the Patriots.

This team plays its best when I doubt them, so I wholeheartedly agree. We won't win the Super Bowl. Hell we may not even beat Buffalo, and I think we'll be one and done.

Exactly, I think I've done enough to please the Mockers Gods, I hope they're pleased with my offering.

Relax FFS, it's an opinion.......You think the Pats are happy with their overall play? Think again, look at Tom's and Bill's demeanour in the post game presser today.

You, the OP of this thread, telling someone to relax is Gold, Jerry, Gold.

I'm sure they were subdued in the pressers today. First of all, they are pressers. Second of all, they were just coming out of an brutal struggle with a team that knows them very well and seems to want to play hard for their lame duck coach. They gave the Pats almost all they could handle and I'm sure TB and BB were glad to escape with the W.

But seriously, you definitively said the Pats aren't winning it. So who punches their ticket home? Or are you just going to take "the field"?

Next time you're sitting on the shitter, don't think up new threads to post. Just read TV Guide or something. :coffee:

Back