We gotta play better, we gotta coach better...

TommyD420

Joe Milton is my QB1
Reaction score
And now, all I'm thinking about (in this thread anyway) is the Giants. We're on to the Giants now. It's Giants week.

1) Ground and Pound. Do some. Needz Moar Ridley. I bet we see some.

2) For the love of all that is holy block that Front 4. I'm looking at you All-Everything Logan Mankins and Matt Light. How pathetic have you guys been lately? My goodness.

3) Stop the run.

4) Pray that Elisha holds the ball too long and either gets sacked or throws a pick. Because those WRs are no joke.

5) ...

6) PROFIT!

Well usual game plan....hope you hold them to fg's...make sure you score on every possession and maybe they will make a few mistakes that we can capitalize on. Some of our best plays on defense yesterday was when receivers for the steelers dropped passes. So make sure you scream at them real loud when the ball is coming to throw off their concentration.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of feeling like a majority of our losses come from being out schemed/coached/gameplanned. Isn't BB supposed to be one of our greatest weapons? Obviously doesn't apply to every loss, but it seems to apply to a great number of them lately. On the flip side, I don't feel the opposite when we win as it often feels like someone like TB (ie. against Dallas) just did what was needed to win the game.

Very frustrating.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of feeling like a majority of our losses come from being out schemed/coached/gameplanned. Isn't BB supposed to be one of our greatest weapons? Obviously doesn't apply to every loss, but it seems to apply to a great number of them lately. On the flip side, I don't feel the opposite when we win as it often feels like someone like TB (ie. against Dallas) just did what was needed to win the game.

Very frustrating.

I could not tell you if anyone is coaching the defense or not, because it looks the same every week.

I could not tell you if anyone is coaching the defense or not, because it looks the same every week.

If I told you that it was actually me who coached the defense and told them all what to do. And that, in actuality, I have no ****ing idea how to coach anything, let alone an NFL defense, what would you think?

Also - NOT ENOUGH TALKY-TALKY ABOUT THE GIANTS DAMMIT!

If I told you that it was actually me who coached the defense and told them all what to do. And that, in actuality, I have no ****ing idea how to coach anything, let alone an NFL defense, what would you think?

Also - NOT ENOUGH TALKY-TALKY ABOUT THE GIANTS DAMMIT!

Oh yeah, giants.....umm they did not look good against Miami, we are at home...I think we win. They tend to shoot themselves in the foot a lot for some reason. I do fear their pass rush as we have not been great at protection over the last couple of weeks, but I think our TE's can have a big day and I think we can run the ball. On defense.....well Eli will have 300 yards, and I just hope we can keep them out of the endzone most of the time and maybe....1....3 and out?

You'd probably do better than Larry Coyer?

I was really disappointed in Mankins outbursts yesterday too. Dude you are fighting for every freaking yard out there. Just stop.

I was really disappointed in Mankins outbursts yesterday too. Dude you are fighting for every freaking yard out there. Just stop.

I read that Ike Taylor slammed Welker to the ground pretty hard after the play was dead. Mankins went apeshit over it, and that's what the fight was about. Can't say I blame him, though I was pretty pissed that he lost it so badly yesterday. But I love him for going to bat for #83.

Ike Taylor is just another piece of shit dirty ass player on that team loaded with them.

I read that Ike Taylor slammed Welker to the ground pretty hard after the play was dead. Mankins went apeshit over it, and that's what the fight was about. Can't say I blame him, though I was pretty pissed that he lost it so badly yesterday. But I love him for going to bat for #83.

Ike Taylor is just another piece of shit dirty ass player on that team loaded with them.

I do too and luckily it didn't cost us(that I recall) but you get my drift. The Steelers are full of dirty scum players and since they don't get called enough for it they are going to continue. If we happen to make it to the playoffs and face them again that kind they have to have discipline enough to not let it cost the team. I don't know what the answer is AFA getting the effing league to watch them and make the calls when necessary.

And now, all I'm thinking about (in this thread anyway) is the Giants. We're on to the Giants now. It's Giants week.

2) For the love of all that is holy block that Front 4. I'm looking at you All-Everything Logan Mankins and Matt Light. How pathetic have you guys been lately? My goodness.

3) Stop the run.

4) Pray that Elisha holds the ball too long and either gets sacked or throws a pick. Because those WRs are no joke.

5) ...

6) PROFIT!

Brian Waters has been our best guard all year.
Light is "kinda Light" now and has been for awhile,Not really fast enough for speed guy's and not really strong enough to push bull rushers.
With that said (I wanted his money spent elsewhere.Couple years ago)
I'm glad he's here now but his time is short...
Get Healthy Vollmer and Solder.

I'de love to see the Pats commit to ground and pound at leastfor the first half.
BB just tells the line and Rb's It's your game win or lose.

Pats D do seem to be able to get pressure if they commit...
Commit more often.....

If we give up along Td so be it.
(You've still got TFB back there)

If we can get the D pumped after a sack or a couple of incompletions after hitting the Qb ,It gives the D something to build on.

It's all about changing the mentality.
While the O is half full because of the passing game mostly,
The D is half empty because of playing zone mostly..

Let the O Line have a turn drive blocking/The Rb's getting into a rythem.
Let the D pressure, All over the feild.

Just Sayin

3) Stop the run.

5) ...

6) PROFIT!

I remember back in the RATS days you were a pretty big fan of Manningham. I guess you still think highly of him?

I remember back in the RATS days you were a pretty big fan of Manningham. I guess you still think highly of him?

Hicks is probably the best of that bunch, and Cruz has really come on. But year, Manningham made a couple more disgusting "did he really do that?" catches yesterday.

Yes. I would take him over Taylor Price, Chad Ochocinco, Julian Edelman, Brandon Tate, Chad Jackson and any other bum they've run through here the last 3 years or so.

Here's to hoping the defense gives up no more than 75% of their third downs

It seems in recent times after "that game" we can't seem to crack the Giants.

Here are some of my key points to winning:

1) Blocking must be crisp, and I mean crisp. The Giants have a good pass rush comparable to teams like the Steelers (who were down a pass rusher) and they are going to pressure Brady just like they did in "that game".

2) Run the ball, but Kevin Faulk should not be the premiere back. It is good to have him in, but there's no way he should be the premiere back as he sort of was on Sunday. You need to switch it up, put Ridley in for a couple of snaps for once.

3) Pressure Eli. The DL is starting to gel with Carter, Albert, and Vince. Probably make sure that Anderson gets some reps, switching with Ellis, but apparently Ellis left the game and didn't return. Pressure Eli, force him into throwing his world famous interceptions, and most of all, when you get a grasp of him, bring him down.

4) Soft zones must go. The switch back to off coverage will help in the short term since the 2 starting CBs are already used to playing those. However, play off-man and not zone. Whoever is calling the plays on defense still does not realize that we constantly get burned on plays because people are too busy guarding their zone and not the WR running free behind them.

5) Stop the run. Bradshaw will run over all of our defenders if we don't, so its important for the DL to create a wall and force Bradshaw to panic. Use Spikes if you need to, but if Spikes is going to fly into the backfield like he usually does he needs to tackle the man, not fly at his hips and miss.

6) Better playcalling on offense. It hasn't been nearly as bad as some of the calls on defense, but they're up there.

You forgot one

7) Eliminate once in a lifetime, lucky as sh!t catches off the top of the helmet plays.

It seems in recent times after "that game" we can't seem to crack the Giants.

Here are some of my key points to winning:

1) Blocking must be crisp, and I mean crisp. The Giants have a good pass rush comparable to teams like the Steelers (who were down a pass rusher) and they are going to pressure Brady just like they did in "that game".

2) Run the ball, but Kevin Faulk should not be the premiere back. It is good to have him in, but there's no way he should be the premiere back as he sort of was on Sunday. You need to switch it up, put Ridley in for a couple of snaps for once.

3) Pressure Eli. The DL is starting to gel with Carter, Albert, and Vince. Probably make sure that Anderson gets some reps, switching with Ellis, but apparently Ellis left the game and didn't return. Pressure Eli, force him into throwing his world famous interceptions, and most of all, when you get a grasp of him, bring him down.

4) Soft zones must go. The switch back to off coverage will help in the short term since the 2 starting CBs are already used to playing those. However, play off-man and not zone. Whoever is calling the plays on defense still does not realize that we constantly get burned on plays because people are too busy guarding their zone and not the WR running free behind them.

5) Stop the run. Bradshaw will run over all of our defenders if we don't, so its important for the DL to create a wall and force Bradshaw to panic. Use Spikes if you need to, but if Spikes is going to fly into the backfield like he usually does he needs to tackle the man, not fly at his hips and miss.

6) Better playcalling on offense. It hasn't been nearly as bad as some of the calls on defense, but they're up there.

I would add:

7)Make adjustments at halftime or before if the plan isn't working.......Watching Heath Miller work over the middle again and again and again made me sick.

8)Add in some disguised Blitz packages to #3 above

9)Add in Woodhead to #2 above

Hicks is probably the best of that bunch, and Cruz has really come on. But year, Manningham made a couple more disgusting "did he really do that?" catches yesterday.

Yes. I would take him over Taylor Price, Chad Ochocinco, Julian Edelman, Brandon Tate, Chad Jackson and any other bum they've run through here the last 3 years or so.

Dude's name is NICKS.

And he got his hammy pulled a bit last week. He's day to day, but we're optimistic.

Anyway. I think you guys should run the ball down our throats if you can. Our run defense has been pretty awful at times, especially to start games. Run the ball and neutralize our pass rush. And then you win.

If you can't run, then you might have a problem. If we continue to run a soft zone defense, maybe you won't, though. If we change things up and play man, then, well, it could be a nice game.

Eli has been rolling this year, and if Nicks, Cruz, and Manningham all play. We should score. But if our defense is too busy getting run on or picked a part, I don't think we'll have the chance.

I hope it's a good game. Got respect for Belichick - miss his big blue days.

I would add:

7)Make adjustments at halftime or before if the plan isn't working.......Watching Heath Miller work over the middle again and again and again made me sick.

8)Add in some disguised Blitz packages to #3 above

9)Add in Woodhead to #2 above

Oh, I definitely agree. While they seemed to limit Heath after the 1st quarter they still kept leaving the middle wide open with those ridiculous zones. See what the offense is giving you, then at halftime make adjustments.

I wish they would disguise more because the blitzes are too obvious. Teams will catch on that 80% of the time if they see Spikes creeping up to the line at the last minute he's coming right up the middle. However they have to play man if they are blitzing, because an issue was that we were blitzing, getting no pressure, and still had people open in zone.

And definitely get Woodhead some reps at RB, not KR.

Back