Week 1: Squealers @ Pats 9/8 8:30PM

So "Philly! Philly!" means a go route for Phillip Dorsett, I doubt other teams will crack Brady's special play calls, I offer these:

"Julia! Julia!" for Edelman.
"Jack! Jack!" for Meyers.
"Anteater! Anteater!" for Brown.
"T-rex! T-rex!" for Burkhead.
"Jimmy! Jimmy!" for White.
"Flashbulb! Flashbulb!" for Gordon.

Brilliant, if you ask me. :coffee:

I think the evolution of this team and the offense requires so many different looks and packages that there is only so many balls to go around but that can be a positive in players being rested and excited to play their roles. Poof... 30 point win.

Then you add Antonio Brown ... :tmack:

I know, right?

Plus DT and Benjamin Watson.

Un-friggin-stoppable!!

I came to a bad realization this morning. Playing the Pats in Week 1 was a terrible thing in hindsight for my interest in the rest of the season. The fact that I already now know that we don't even deserve to be on the same field with those guys 24 hours into a brand new season makes me not really give a shit about the other 15 games. I already know how it ends. It's like we already played our SB and came out as one the 80's Buffalo teams that had no business being there in the first place. I'd say last night took away 90% of my interest in the 2019-20 football season. I may watch more games and I may not...but I certainly won't be going out of my way or making any special arrangements to watch them. If I have something else to do that day, I won't give it a second thought.

The worst part is that I mentally checked out before the end of the 1st quarter, it was obviously over at that point. I half watched the 2nd quarter while I did other things and I turned it completely off at halftime. This was the first game of the season and I can't stomach watching a half of football. The Steelers just became a non-priority for me this year. Everything usually leads up to "Are we going to as good as the Patriots this year?" Well for once I don't have to wait until late in the season to find out, I already know. The season climax for the season came and went in 15 minutes of football. We should never, ever play the Pats early in the season.....ever.
Last edited by Supersteeler; Today at 06:15 AM.
The Following 7 Users Like This Post:

LOL

I came to a bad realization this morning. Playing the Pats in Week 1 was a terrible thing in hindsight for my interest in the rest of the season. The fact that I already now know that we don't even deserve to be on the same field with those guys 24 hours into a brand new season makes me not really give a shit about the other 15 games. I already know how it ends. It's like we already played our SB and came out as one the 80's Buffalo teams that had no business being there in the first place. I'd say last night took away 90% of my interest in the 2019-20 football season. I may watch more games and I may not...but I certainly won't be going out of my way or making any special arrangements to watch them. If I have something else to do that day, I won't give it a second thought.

The worst part is that I mentally checked out before the end of the 1st quarter, it was obviously over at that point. I half watched the 2nd quarter while I did other things and I turned it completely off at halftime. This was the first game of the season and I can't stomach watching a half of football. The Steelers just became a non-priority for me this year. Everything usually leads up to "Are we going to as good as the Patriots this year?" Well for once I don't have to wait until late in the season to find out, I already know. The season climax for the season came and went in 15 minutes of football. We should never, ever play the Pats early in the season.....ever.

LOL

It's ovah...

TV ratings plummet.

The Patriots killed the NFL.

LOL

Public service: shut off this guys gas & electric. Take all guns, sharp instruments, shoelaces, and any linens that can be torn and fashioned into some type of rope or cordage.

I wish everybody could have seen the pregame stuff. It was a really good show other than the audio for Godsmack was screwed up.

It was one of the better ones, lame entertainment excepted. It was nice to see Drew ('01), Ty ('03), Willie ('04), Ninlovich ('14), Marty Bennett ('16) and Gronk ('18). The LED bracelets were OK, underwhelming.

The tailgate weather could not have been better.

Just a great night all the way through.

LOL

great post except for the bolded. Dude needs to get his decades right.

great post except for the bolded. Dude needs to get his decades right.

He also needs to not "mentally check out" of games when the score is 10-0, as, I believe, it was at the end of the 1st Q.

I saw a bunch of Steeler fans last night and none of them doing much talking, which I thought was a little unusual.

Maybe they all knew something we didn't. :shrug:

LOL

One game doesn't define a team. A season does. Did the Steelers get their ass kicked on National TV? Yes absolutely.... Does that mean they have zero chance against the Pats in the playoffs? No it absolutely doesn't. There is no question that the Steelers struggle against the Pats in New England, but generally when they play the Pats at home they give them a damn good game like last season. If the Steelers can't beat the Patriots at home then be better the rest of the way and make sure you get home field advantage in the playoffs. The Colts finally figured that out in 06. They weren't ever going to beat the Pats in Foxborough in those shitty weather games. Home field makes a HUGE difference.

Two seasons ago the Pats also destroyed the Saints in week 2, doesn't mean the Saints were a far less team.... I was actually really hoping for a rematch in the Super Bowl between the two. It's too hard to tell what kind of a team the Steelers will be this season (maybe they are as bad as they looked last night) or..... Maybe they are better who knows.... My point being, no way should you stop watching your team because they lost to the Patriots. Most teams do. If that is the case 90% of teams fans wouldn't watch games other than the Dolphins because they can usually beat the Pats once a season. The Colts haven't beat the Pats since 2009 and that never stops me from watching them (though the 2011 season was definitely a tough one to sit through) I am sure the Steelers will compete and make a run. No way they play the rest of the season like they did last night.

Unfortunately things don't get any easier for the Steelers. Seahawks, Ravens, Chargers in 3 of their next 5 games is pretty brutal. However if they can go 4-2 through this stretch they are looking pretty decent.

And if all else..... NHL is starting up again soon. I have my..... Senators to root for *cringe*

It was one of the better ones, lame entertainment excepted. It was nice to see Drew ('01), Ty ('03), Willie ('04), Ninlovich ('14), Marty Bennett ('16) and Gronk ('18). The LED bracelets were OK, underwhelming.

The tailgate weather could not have been better.

Just a great night all the way through.

I wondered what made the lights throughout the stands. It looked pretty cool on TV.

One game doesn't define a team. A season does. Did the Steelers get their ass kicked on National TV? Yes absolutely.... Does that mean they have zero chance against the Pats in the playoffs? No it absolutely doesn't. There is no question that the Steelers struggle against the Pats in New England, but generally when they play the Pats at home they give them a damn good game like last season. If the Steelers can't beat the Patriots at home then be better the rest of the way and make sure you get home field advantage in the playoffs. The Colts finally figured that out in 06. They weren't ever going to beat the Pats in Foxborough in those shitty weather games. Home field makes a HUGE difference.

Two seasons ago the Pats also destroyed the Saints in week 2, doesn't mean the Saints were a far less team.... I was actually really hoping for a rematch in the Super Bowl between the two. It's too hard to tell what kind of a team the Steelers will be this season (maybe they are as bad as they looked last night) or..... Maybe they are better who knows.... My point being, no way should you stop watching your team because they lost to the Patriots. Most teams do. If that is the case 90% of teams fans wouldn't watch games other than the Dolphins because they can usually beat the Pats once a season. The Colts haven't beat the Pats since 2009 and that never stops me from watching them (though the 2011 season was definitely a tough one to sit through) I am sure the Steelers will compete and make a run. No way they play the rest of the season like they did last night.

Unfortunately things don't get any easier for the Steelers. Seahawks, Ravens, Chargers in 3 of their next 5 games is pretty brutal. However if they can go 4-2 through this stretch they are looking pretty decent.

And if all else..... NHL is starting up again soon. I have my..... Senators to root for *cringe*

The steelers have zero chance against the Pats if they even make the playoffs.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

He also needs to not "mentally check out" of games when the score is 10-0, as, I believe, it was at the end of the 1st Q.

I saw a bunch of Steeler fans last night and none of them doing much talking, which I thought was a little unusual.

Maybe they all knew something we didn't. :shrug:

Well you should read Jerrome Bettis tweet and all the steelers fans who replied before the game. They thought they were going to beat the pats by 50

I wondered what made the lights throughout the stands. It looked pretty cool on TV.

Many times, things don't work as well in stadium compared to TV.
Another part was the cheerleaders wearing LED ribbons during the pregame. It was barely detectable to us, but when we looked at the video boards, it looked much better.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Patriots Center Ted Karras Vows To Fix ‘Floater’ Snaps To Tom Brady <a href="https://t.co/UPtOLOsAGF">https://t.co/UPtOLOsAGF</a></p>— Doug Kyed (@DougKyed) <a href="https://twitter.com/DougKyed/status/1171186790503452678?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 9, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back