Week 1: Squealers @ Pats 9/8 8:30PM

One of me friends moved here from Pittsburgh. We had a wear the other team's hat bet. He conceded in the 3rd quarter. I think he'll have to wear my daughter's pink hat. ROFL

Tomlin had the voice of Darth Vader in his headphones all night.

Great game in all phases. Hope Canon is OK, the OL depth is getting to be a big concern.

Big statement win there with Tom telling the rest of the league he's going nowhere with no diminished skillset there. 3 TD passes and 300+ yards of offense against a rated Steeler team.

And this is before AB even dons a uniform, with no Thomas and no Ben Watson either....

Defense doing what they finished up doing last season and through camp. This is a good football team.

We should manage with a subpar O-line in the comming weeks. Dolphins, Jets, Bills, Redskins, Giants. Thats a shitshow of teams comming up.

Gordon really is good, isn't he. He can do a lot of things that Gronk could do receiving wise and adds in real speed.

He's a player that Tom can just hurl the ball up towards, in traffic and under pressure by the pass rush and if it's anywhere near JG, he's going to catch it. That's a dream for any QB, the just hurl it up into nowhere throws that sometimes they need to make in critical situations.

The offensive weapons are off the charts. And it's almost a situation akin to, my wallet can't close because it's so full of money complaint. How can you keep ALL these top receivers happy? AB missing was not a factor whatsoever so how can you keep him happy if he's given a couple of throws per game? How will you keep Gordon, Dorsett, Jules, DT, Meyers all happy because they will not be out there for long periods of each offensive series!

Wow what a game! A few thoughts:

1) After taking a few throws to shake off the rust and nerves, Brady looked great. No QB 42 or older has more than 11 TDs in a season, and barring injury Brady looks poised to shatter that record.
2) The WR group the Patriots have obviously contains a ton of talent, and that was Without Antonio Brown and Demaryius Thomas. They will be very difficult to defend against, even for teams with great DBs, and for teams without itll be practically impossible.
3) The Patriots run blocking obviously has taken a major hit since last year, it is there the loss of Gronk felt the most noticeable. Hopefully they'll figure out the ground game, because even though Brady *can* throw 30, 40, 50+ times a game, he'll stay fresher longer if he isn't doing so.
4) Defensively, the Patriots showed they're still one of the best defenses in football, keeping the Steelers in check on the ground and in the air. They surrendered just 3 points, and honestly it felt like the Steelers took the field goal there just to avoid getting shut out.
5) This looks like a top 5 scoring offense and a top 5 scoring defense, and with that kind of balance they'll be a tough out come playoffs. Since they only face 1 opponent (the Bills) who won yesterday in their next 7 games, and since 2 of their 4 toughest games are not just November or later but are at home, them making the playoffs with good seeding seems likely.

How can you keep ALL these top receivers happy? AB missing was not a factor whatsoever so how can you keep him happy if he's given a couple of throws per game? How will you keep Gordon, Dorsett, Jules, DT, Meyers all happy because they will not be out there for long periods of each offensive series!

What's great about this group is there isn't really any divas(*). Dosett won't demand 5 targets per game. Meyeres is probably happy as long as he is on the roseter. Jules will get targets no matter what.

* And then you have AB. He will get targets on a regular basis, but lets see how he handles a quite game. He can be ok or he can explode. Just have to wait and see. Good thing its a crontract year for him. He probably wants a ring and the get paid.

Great way to start the season. Two concerns. The Oline and what does BB do with AB, Harry and Bennett?

Great way to start the season. Two concerns. The Oline and what does BB do with AB, Harry and Bennett?

Duh... not enough sleep. Make that Watson!

I started another thread about the OL.
We'll find out soon about AB, but I assume he goes right into the lineup.
Harry is on IR, so nothing to do there.
Watson is the starting TE week 5.

Pats Dominant defense
Steelers Drives

Punt
Punt (3 and out)
Punt (3 and out)
Punt (3 and out)
Downs
End of Half
FG
Punt
Downs
Interception
End of Game

Pats Dominant offense
Patriots Drives

Punt
TD
FG
Punt
TD
FG
TD
FG
FG
Punt

It will only get better!

Pats Dominant defense
Steelers Drives

Punt
Punt (3 and out)
Punt (3 and out)
Punt (3 and out)
Downs
End of Half
FG
Punt
Downs
Interception
End of Game

Pats Dominant offense
Patriots Drives

Punt
TD
FG
Punt
TD
FG
TD
FG
FG
Punt

It will only get better!

That was a nail-biter for about 3 minutes...

It was nice to see all 3 phases of the game play well. And I think there is room for improvement all around. Should be an interesting year. Just need to get a healthy oline.

Pats Dominant defense
Steelers Drives

Punt
Punt (3 and out)
Punt (3 and out)
Punt (3 and out)
Downs
End of Half
FG
Punt
Downs
Interception
End of Game

Pats Dominant offense
Patriots Drives

Punt
TD
FG
Punt
TD
FG
TD
FG
FG
Punt

It will only get better!

Pittsburgh had 308 total yards, many coming in garbage time. They had 85 yards at halftime.

Can't get this with the sound of Al Michaels ROFL out of my mind this am

ED_cktAU0AApbYU

Back