WEEK 12 · Cardinals at Patriots -Sun 11/29 · 1:00 PM EST

I’m not a big fan of calling Cam scam.

I wish Brady was still here, but it’s not Cams fault. I think he’s done a good job with what he’s got. He’s really exceeded my expectations, he’s a great bridge QB.

That does not change the fact that they need to get the QB of the future in the pipeline this off-season.
With this roster though what QB could do better?

That is complete and utter speculation, you literally have nothing to back that up with! You really think BB would go for a deal where he allows a player to use a whole year to showcase himself to the rest of the league?!!

And to say 20 QBs would be better I don't think holds water, You're fond of calling out his 4 TD passes and 9 INTs but you conveniently forget to list his 9 rushing TDs. Nobody is saying he is playing stellar ball, he has been poor in many games, but he and the team are fighting this season, there's nothing wrong with the character being shown out there.

Cam will start the rest of the season and then let's see what Bill does from there. Will he draft a QB? Pick someone up in FA? Go with Stiddy? Who knows.

I'd love Watson, but I'd be shocked if Houston let him leave. He's a top tier QB.

Last edited:
That is complete and utter speculation, you literally have nothing to back that up with! You really think BB would go for a deal where he allows a player to use a whole year to showcase himself to the rest of the league?!!

And to say 20 QBs would be better I don't think holds water, You're fond of calling out his 4 TD passes and 9 INTs but you conveniently forget to list his 9 rushing TDs. Nobody is saying he is playing stellar ball, he has been poor in many games, but he and the team are fighting this season, there's nothing wrong with the character being shown out there.

Cam will start the rest of the season and then let's see what Bill does from there. Will he draft a QB? Pick someone up in FA? Go with Stiddy? Who knows.

I'd love Watson, but I'd be shocked if Houston let him leave. He's a top tier QB.

Watson is under contract with Houston until 2026.
It would cost Houston $67M in dead cap space to let him go.
Watson isn't going anywhere next year.

However, Dak Prescott is one of many options for BB going into the 2021 season.

There's speculation and then there is utter nonsense like suggesting Bill has some secret deal with Cam that will allow Cam to showcase himself to the league!

There's speculation and then there is utter nonsense like suggesting Bill has some secret deal with Cam that will allow Cam to showcase himself to the league!
You mean like you saying that a player that played here for almost 20 years through injury taking less money suddenly just decided he didnt care anymore even though he played hurt again and all that was based on him saying he thought that 2019 was going to be his last year here? You mean like that? I didnt say they had a secret deal. I said that Bill is giving Cam all the play time he can because Cam is showcasing himself to the league. If you think Cam came here because
he always wanted to play for the pats and turned down a slew of teams to get here, then you were not paying attention. He took the job because it was offered and this was his way to get back to playing football maybe so he could get a job next year. He even called coming to NE a business trip. I mean is your notion that Bill continues to play Cam because he has played so great, he could not possibly go with another?

You mean like you saying that a player that played here for almost 20 years through injury taking less money suddenly just decided he didnt care anymore even though he played hurt again and all that was based on him saying he thought that 2019 was going to be his last year here? You mean like that? I didnt say they had a secret deal. I said that Bill is giving Cam all the play time he can because Cam is showcasing himself to the league. If you think Cam came here because
he always wanted to play for the pats and turned down a slew of teams to get here, then you were not paying attention. He took the job because it was offered and this was his way to get back to playing football maybe so he could get a job next year. He even called coming to NE a business trip. I mean is your notion that Bill continues to play Cam because he has played so great, he could not possibly go with another?
Sorry, which is which here? Is this P71 or Inspector_50?

You need to decide which multi you're using today and run with that.

Not speculation and lat year it was readily apparent when he was unhappy even after big wins in his PC last year. It was obvious he had checked out.

Not speculation and lat year it was readily apparent when he was unhappy even after big wins in his PC last year. It was obvious he had checked out.
So being unhappy with how the offense is playing means he didnt care. Again how does that make sense? Why would he be unhappy about the play of the offense if he didnt care?

So being unhappy with how the offense is playing means he didnt care. Again how does that make sense? Why would he be unhappy about the play of the offense if he didnt care?

He was unhappy being in NE. What don't you get about that? If was it freaking obvious.

How much worse can it be? Well, instead of 5-6 and still having an outside chance of making the playoffs, we could be 0-11.

We're a team with some glaring holes, who went all in contractually to win a 6th ring and that worked but there was a heavy price to pay. We transitioned away from the best QB of all time, but he isn't the best anymore, nor really all that close and every journey has it's end. Please spare me the rebuttal, because I'm familiar with your views on the topic. I think by now we all pretty much are.

We're in a rebuilding year, clearly. We have some major holes and some young pieces to build with. We're going into the offseason with a large amount of money to spend and many of the teams winning now will have to cut talented guys at unprecedented level due to the reduced cap next year. We have a scrappy, disciplined, well-coached team that doesn't have enough good players to compete for silver this year, but appear to be working hard and fighting. Nobody is quitting out there, which would be a lot worse to me.

Cam is frustrating as hell to watch, but as Bill said, he threw for 385 last week. Maybe there is yet hope. I'm still a Stidham believer, but I was also a N'Keal Harry hopeful until yesterday so maybe I'm wrong about him, too. I think we're going to ride or die with Newton and we'll just have to live with that for now. A move at the position is still possible, but probably not while we're still alive.
Um, I never mentioned Brady (you did). So please spare me the Brady strawman and then in the same breath tell me not to respond to your strawman. It is childish and you are above that.

This team has some bright spots and grit but is being held back the most by the play of its QB. You seem to agree with me per your last paragraph that Cam is awful and a move to Stidham is at least on the table or should be. It could be worse with Stid but the Pats offense is ranked second to last (31st) in Interception Percentage ... every time they drop back to pass they're an interception (3rd most) waiting to happen, and they pass less (30th in pass attempts) than just about everyone in the NFL. That is just putrid and why Stid should at least get a chance IMO.

This for sure is a season to find out what the heck we have as we move into 2021 with a ton of cap and draft picks. We know what Cam is. Let's see what we have in Stidham as he would be much cheaper option to keep for next year than extending Cam. I do, like you think it is unlikely unless we lose both LA games and are sitting at 5-8 then maybe we see Stid for the final 3 games.

Last edited:
Back