Week 14 Other Games Thread

It's curious that Buffalo fans are complaining about one-sided refereeing this week, but apparently didn't notice the same disparity in their game the previous week.

What's interesting to me is that the totals in each game were distributed very similarly.

In Week 13 it was this: Visiting team 6 penalties 47 yards, Home team 3 penalties 20 yards
In Week 14 it was this: Visiting team 7 penalties 65 yards, Home team 4 penalties 24 yards

It's curious that Buffalo fans are complaining about one-sided refereeing this week, but apparently didn't notice the same disparity in their game the previous week.

What's interesting to me is that the totals in each game were distributed very similarly.

In Week 13 it was this: Visiting team 6 penalties 47 yards, Home team 3 penalties 20 yards
In Week 14 it was this: Visiting team 7 penalties 65 yards, Home team 4 penalties 24 yards
Yeah but ... :lecture:

Mac Jones year 1 >>>>>>>>> Josh Allen Year 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Josh Allen was terrible as a rookie and not all that better with 19 turnovers (10 fumbles) as a 2nd year QB. For a TD/Turnover ratio of 1:1.

Not good.

Pandemic Josh was Pandemic Josh. A lot of teams were pretenders last year that people assumed were real this year.

Would you like to put him up against Mac Jones?
MVP runner up last year, shattering records. Do you know what's not that good, dude? Your takes, seriously....
"Shattering records"?

You mean like 10 fumbles in 2019? Mac Jones is clearly the superior talent, dude. Look, I know you're angry about your pending doom for the postseason and whatnot, in this free fall, but that's on the leadership of your team, not Pats fans.

Your team is not as great as you think.

Meant to add..... that Bucs game seems to be what the Bills built themselves for - lots of passing and (trying) to defend that pass. losing whats-his-name (white?) hurts that obviously.
surprised buc's didn't run more. not sure if Bills improved their run D (despite that one log TD run) or bucs just not built to run or just wanted to pass it all day

next time Bills play a team that can pound it, we'll see. next Pats v. Bills will be interesting for sure!

Brady.

They complain about penalties every week, win or lose.

I'm not convinced this is accurate. The Bucs did in fact switch from a more pass heavy attack in the first half (which was largely successful) to a more run heavy attack in the second half (which was not). Brady also struggled heavily in the second half so it's not like I'm saying they would have been more successful had they not shifted, but if it was Brady wanting to pad stats I don't think we'd see the shift.

1st half: 26 passing plays, 10 run plays, 24 points scored. (2.6:1 passing vs running)
2nd half: 16 passing plays, 10 run plays, 3 points scored. (1.6:1 passing vs running)

The trouble is, their runs by and large were not effective. They had 20 run plays, and 11 of them (5 in the first half, 6 in the second) went for 2 yards or less. As a result of that combined with poor play from Brady (8/16 in the second half, 50% which just doesn't cut it) they couldn't keep drives alive. However to me it seemed far more like they couldn't run the ball effectively, and them attempting to go run heavy was severely hurting their efficiency, than them not switching to a heavy enough rushing attack because Brady needs his MVP award.

Agreed. I mean, it's how we lost all those big games from 2007-2012 and why JimmyG was drafted.

Brady loves to race past 40 pass attempts and then when it becomes predictable to run it for clock, he gets isolated a bit and predictable like we saw in that 2nd half yesterday. Amazing to me how Buffalo's chokejob and blown opportunity to take that game somehow means Brady should be lauded as his main goal was to set another NFL record.

Again, this is a big reason why BB walked. Aaron Rodgers just said the other day there is no way he would handed it off 46 times like Mac Jones did, only throwing 3 times. Ego.

I'm glad you have made predictions,
When the Pats were 2-4, you were the only person on here predicting a good season for the team.
You should have put money on that.

I wouldn't say I was the only one by any stretch, but thanks.

I do recall getting mocked for being unable to provide supporting evidence for that opinion, but it just seemed obvious that we were out of synch due to having 11 new starters and it was just a matter of time before we did what we have fairly often over the Belichick era --- start very slow and then get better as everybody figures out what Bill wants from them. Try to peak after Thanksgiving when a lot of teams start sucking wind.

It was all there -- much better talent, a QB that showed all kinds of poise and smarts and a completely rebuilt front 7 which is where we got killed last season. The main reason we lost was self-inflicted stuff and all the injuries on the OL and that all HAD to get better. Of course, I couldn't prove any of that, but after that Cowboys game I felt certain we were on the right track.

The Patriots I'm usually OK with predicting. It's the rest of the league that seems like a complete mystery this year.

Remember when Davon Godchaux was considered a bust for the first month of the season? I knew he was a good player and would be OK eventually, but.....10 tackles in one game? That isn't just improvement that is crazy.

One of my complaints this year is that the bills have mysteriously tried to be this power running team, which is asinine considering they have a terrible offensive line and undersized running backs, instead of working on a game plan that features a gunslinger for a quarterback who can put the ball anywhere on the field, obviously in any weather conditions and guys that can catch it
The GM needs to upgrade their RB's...it's one of their major weaknesses.

I've never seen the refs so one sided as they have been against the poor Bills in the last 2 games.
It seems like every time the Bills get behind, by poor play and stepping on their own dicks, and then try to make a furious comback, and make poor choices under pressure, the refs wouldn't bail them out by making questionable calls in their favor.
Why would they do that?
It's not just these last two games either. Go look at 2BD. The Bills have never lost a game, they only get screwed by the refs.

What's curious is how disingenuous it is to try to use the number of calls per team in order to misrepresent the real issue which are the missed calls that were game changers

Mac Jones year 1 >>>>>>>>> Josh Allen Year 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You guys are starting to grasp for straws. You're going to compare anybody to how Josh Allen played in his first year? He's not in his first year. Money you make that same comparison against Brett Favre? He wasn't real good in his first year either.

"Shattering records"?

You mean like 10 fumbles in 2019? Mac Jones is clearly the superior talent, dude. Look, I know you're angry about your pending doom for the postseason and whatnot, in this free fall, but that's on the leadership of your team, not Pats fans.

Your team is not as great as you think.

Look dude, generally I like you but right now like I said earlier, your takes are not good. As a matter of fact you're coming across as a stereotypical East coaster. High strung, know it all, arrogant. In my mind you remind me of Ed Norton, kind of like the guy that was the drug addict in the movie Summer of Sam.

Now this list isn't exactly current, but it's pretty solid for a Young quarterback. I'm saying there's been some more added since this list was made like only the fourth quarterback to ever throw for 300 yards and run for 100 yards in one game, which he set last night. All I'm saying is that if you want to talk about the bills coaching issues, play calling, poor execution that we've seen at times, that's great. But if you're going to try to rip apart Josh allen, you make yourself sound kind of stupid, really

NFL records​

• First quarterback to rush for at least 95 yards in three consecutive games (Week 12–14, 2018)[122]
  • First quarterback with 10 passing touchdowns and 2 rushing touchdowns through three weeks (Week 1–3, 2020)[123]
  • First quarterback with 375+ pass yards, 3+ pass touchdowns, 0 interceptions and a 130+ QB rating in multiple games in a single season (Week 2, 9 & 13, 2020)
  • Most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback, first 50 starts: 28 (tied with Cam Newton)[116]

Bills franchise records​

• Most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single game: 135[124]
  • Longest touchdown pass by a rookie quarterback: 75 yards[125]
  • Most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single season: 631[126]
  • Most total touchdowns by a rookie: 18[126]
  • Most consecutive games by a quarterback scoring at least one touchdown: 21[127]
  • Most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback in a single season: 9 (2019)[127]
  • Most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single game, post-season: 92 (January 4, 2020, vs. Houston Texans)[70]
  • Most consecutive games with over 300 passing yards: 3 (shared with Jim Kelly, week 1–3, 2020)[79]
  • Most games with 300 passing yards and 4 TDs, single season: 4 (2020)
  • Most total touchdowns in a season: 46 (2020)[90]
  • Most passing touchdowns, single season: 37 (2020)[128]
  • Most passing yards, single season: 4,544 (2020)[129]

Accolades​

• AFC Offensive Player of the Week (2018: Week 17; 2019: Week 11; 2020: Week 2, 9, 13, 15; 2021: Week 3)[50][59][130]
  • 87th-ranked player on NFL Top 100 (2020)[131]
  • 2x AFC Offensive Player of the Month (2020: September, December)
  • Pro Bowl (2020)
  • PFWA Most Improved Player (2020)[132]
  • 10th-ranked player on NFL Top 100 (2021)[133]

Look dude, generally I like you but right now like I said earlier, your takes are not good. As a matter of fact you're coming across as a stereotypical East coaster. High strung, know it all, arrogant. In my mind you remind me of Ed Norton, kind of like the guy that was the drug addict in the movie Summer of Sam.

Now this list isn't exactly current, but it's pretty solid for a Young quarterback. I'm saying there's been some more added since this list was made like only the fourth quarterback to ever throw for 300 yards and run for 100 yards in one game, which he set last night. All I'm saying is that if you want to talk about the bills coaching issues, play calling, poor execution that we've seen at times, that's great. But if you're going to try to rip apart Josh allen, you make yourself sound kind of stupid, really

NFL records​

• First quarterback to rush for at least 95 yards in three consecutive games (Week 12–14, 2018)[122]
  • First quarterback with 10 passing touchdowns and 2 rushing touchdowns through three weeks (Week 1–3, 2020)[123]
  • First quarterback with 375+ pass yards, 3+ pass touchdowns, 0 interceptions and a 130+ QB rating in multiple games in a single season (Week 2, 9 & 13, 2020)
  • Most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback, first 50 starts: 28 (tied with Cam Newton)[116]

Bills franchise records​

• Most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single game: 135[124]
  • Longest touchdown pass by a rookie quarterback: 75 yards[125]
  • Most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single season: 631[126]
  • Most total touchdowns by a rookie: 18[126]
  • Most consecutive games by a quarterback scoring at least one touchdown: 21[127]
  • Most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback in a single season: 9 (2019)[127]
  • Most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single game, post-season: 92 (January 4, 2020, vs. Houston Texans)[70]
  • Most consecutive games with over 300 passing yards: 3 (shared with Jim Kelly, week 1–3, 2020)[79]
  • Most games with 300 passing yards and 4 TDs, single season: 4 (2020)
  • Most total touchdowns in a season: 46 (2020)[90]
  • Most passing touchdowns, single season: 37 (2020)[128]
  • Most passing yards, single season: 4,544 (2020)[129]

Accolades​

• AFC Offensive Player of the Week (2018: Week 17; 2019: Week 11; 2020: Week 2, 9, 13, 15; 2021: Week 3)[50][59][130]
  • 87th-ranked player on NFL Top 100 (2020)[131]
  • 2x AFC Offensive Player of the Month (2020: September, December)
  • Pro Bowl (2020)
  • PFWA Most Improved Player (2020)[132]
  • 10th-ranked player on NFL Top 100 (2021)[133]

Lol.
You do realize that most of those records point to a short lived career, yes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Lol.
You do realize that most of those records point to a short lived career, yes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Possibly, we'll have to see. So far he's proven to be more durable than I would have given him credit for but I understand that the way he plays takes its call. But when you're talking about a quarterback that wants to win on a team that can't figure out how to protect him, this is what you're left with

Back