Week 15 gamete thread @ Indy Saturday December 18, 8:20 p.m.

Recall that in 2001, when there were 31 teams, at least one team had to have a bye every week. They gave the Pats the Week 17 bye that year. Because of 9/11, week 2 got pushed to the end of the season. So going into the playoffs, the Pats had a bye, beat Carolina, then had the 1st round playoff bye. How did that work out for them?
Aaaaaand he's back! (y)

I have NFLN. Somethings you just can't do without.
I could eliminate half the channels on my cable package if I could.
It's still not worth it to me. I just use an old iPad with nothing else on it except for Firefox and I just find a free stream somewhere and project it to the big screen. I refuse to give a cable/satellite company any of my money for that very reason, insulting me as a customer with 75% of the stations being home shopping newtorks or complete garbage.

What I find annoying in this situation as an Amazon Prime member, and with the NFL picking up a deal for Thursday night games, I should be able to stream this broadcast as a Prime member when they move the games.

F Goodell.

yeah, guess the Ginger Genius bought in to the popular- albeit incorrect- belief that the Pats were a perennial 4-12 bottom feeder before Belichick and Brady. Reality must be really shitty or these guys. Wonder how long it takes for the "cheating" accusations to show up again...
Won't take long. I can feel the rumblings already brewing. I just wonder what angle they will try to use this time around.

I think it's highly entertaining that Jonathan Mr. Fumbles Taylor is somehow not a topic of discussion when it comes to takeaways OR Wentz himself. Like, our D is supposed to be afraid of these guys?

Pittman is there #1 WR. Ok? JC Jackson is supposed to lose that battle and a guy like Zach Pascal is supposed to have us quake in our boots from there? I mean, as long as this team shows up with the proper focus and energy off a Bye, we're winning this game going away like the Titans game.

This Colts fan's take on his/her own receivers are similar to mine:

bravo4460

• bravo4460
    Practice Squad
Posted Friday at 01:32 AM
WR is def a need on this team.

TY has obviously lost a step.
Pascal has disappeared and has a 40% drop rate.
Strachan has caught 2 passes or so the entire season..
Dulin has had 2 big plays recently.

That’s it. Considering TY and Pascal are gone and Campbell doesn’t stay healthy, Colts need a lot of help at WR.

Last edited:
Reich has Wentz on a leash hence why he only has 5 INTs all season, so the recipe for success is to stop the run and make Wentz make reads. He's bound to make a mistake or two.
Indy has been playing bad run Ds and just using Taylor the whole time, save for Tenn. Won't happen with us. They'll attack Taylor in different ways and then isolate Wentz as the game goes.

Won't take long. I can feel the rumblings already brewing. I just wonder what angle they will try to use this time around.
Paying off the refs, Kraft secretly owns the NFL and Goodell is BB's robot, controlled by BB. Also, and this is just rumor but Tom Brady is secretly phoning in all the plays to Jones so he can be successful.

Oh and BB has a direct phone line to the Refs and dictates what the refs will say and do. If they call a penalty against the Patriots, they will be put to death after the game.

All of this is just a joke, I assure you.

just want to put it out there that the pats had the shortest bye. they played mnf, then are playing saturday... :coffee:
#conspiracy
#rodneydisrespect
They've also played 2 games since November 18th.

Reich has Wentz on a leash hence why he only has 5 INTs all season, so the recipe for success is to stop the run and make Wentz make reads. He's bound to make a mistake or two.
5 INTs and like 10 WTF-Shouldabeenpicks

Goodell's cheating comes in numerous ways.

I'll also point out, he probably gave us such a late Bye that we'd be out of playoff contention by now and it would be a meaningless Bye, so we have that going for us.
I've never heard of a late bye being considered a disadvantage. The general philosophy I've always had and always heard is 'the later the better', because it means in general your team is healthier and better rested before the Playoffs. I double checked to verify my feeling with data, my findings are below.

Super Bowl Winner Bye Week, by year:
2020 - Week 13
2019 - Week 12
2018 - Week 11
2017 - Week 10
2016 - Week 9
2015 - Week 7
2014 - Week 10
2013 - Week 12
2012 - Week 8
2011 - Week 7
2010 - Week 10
2009 - Week 5
2008 - Week 6
2009 - Week 9
2006 - Week 6
2005 - Week 4
2004 - Week 3
2003 - Week 10
2002 - Week 10
2001 - Week 16

Week 8 or below won 8 times in the last 2 decades, week 9 or above won 12. So certainly not the kiss of death or anything to have an early Bye, but it's been 11 years since someone won with a bye in the first 3 weeks it could occur, and the winner the last 3 years in a row has been a team which had a bye in the last 3 weeks it could occur. It's also worth noting the fun pattern we've got going from 2016 onwards. To keep it going a team needs to win with a Week 14 bye, just saying. To that end, I would not at all be surprised if the complaint was made that the Patriots having as late of a bye as they do is an unfair competitive advantage, and I'd argue they would have as much or more of an argument than the flip side.

Ok, this made the chuckle a bit.
They think they have it figured out.
Now go do what no team has been able to do yet.

Anyone else feeling like that @Minnesota game years ago, when Minn had the #1 rush D, and the Patriots just went 5-wide and paper cut them to death?

Anyone else remember the Tampa game?

If they're gearing up that heavy on the run, playaction is going to be incredibly effective, and their LBs bite on it pretty well.

I really don't know much about the colts. I think I've seen them play maybe twice but not an entire game. On defense I think all they have is DeForest Buckner & Darius Leonard. Leonard is a solid player & I think everyone knows that Buckner is one of the best around. Other than that I don't see much. On offense they have Taylor & he is pretty good. I don't know but I would guess most of his running is behind Quenton Nelson. That guy is a mauler. I think that T.Y. Hilton is pretty much done. All I now about Michael Pittman, from his college days at USC, is that he really fights for the ball & always made tough catches in traffic. Again that was at USC. Bottom line is I don't think the Pats will have much trouble doing whatever they want. Reich & especially Wentz are no match for BB & their D is nothing to fear. I think they play a soft cover 2 most of the time but I could be wrong about that.

Back