Week 17 - Squish the Fish, 12/29 1PM

bideau

Offering friendly advice
Reaction score
It will likely be a quiet week here, so may as well get this started early.

Reiss had an interesting perspective, One Win Equals Two. If the Pats take care of business, they jump to the divisional round and a critical week off for some of the banged up regulars.

I'm truly not expecting a close game here. The Pats will have this put away by halftime, perhaps get Edelman to the sidelines early and let Stidham get a few snaps.

I definitely wouldn't be upset if they limited or even sat Edelman this game. He needs to be ready for the playoffs.

They have to win the game. Play the first string all game long, unless we go up by 21 pats. Gotta get the bye. It's all for naught unless they get the bye. They'll have a week of rest if they win, and then prepare for the first playoff game.

They have to win the game. Play the first string all game long, unless we go up by 21 pats. Gotta get the bye. It's all for naught unless they get the bye. They'll have a week of rest if they win, and then prepare for the first playoff game.

This. Don't f*** with the win.

Cheers

Is this a trap game? Oh wait , the Pats don't have those!

Play a tight half on offense, get Stidham and the backups in for the second half.
What have you seen this year that makes you think that they can put a game away in the 1st half against anybody? Miami will throw everything at the Pats, they have absolutely nothing to lose. I don't think it will be close by the end of the game but they are probably going to stick around for awhile.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Is this a trap game? Oh wait , the Pats don't have those!

If you understood the meaning of a trap game you wouldn't be asking that question.

What have you seen this year that makes you think that they can put a game away in the 1st half against anybody? Miami will throw everything at the Pats, they have absolutely nothing to lose. I don't think it will be close by the end of the game but they are probably going to stick around for awhile.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

If you understood the meaning of a trap game you wouldn't be asking that question.
Miami barely has anything to throw at us. Their defense is atrocious, Fitzpatrick is their leading rusher, and Gilmore will be locking down Parker.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Miami barely has anything to throw at us. Their defense is atrocious, Fitzpatrick is their leading rusher, and Gilmore will be locking down Parker.

So you think this game will be wrapped up by halftime? That's all I'm saying but I guess we'll see. And what I mean by they will throw everything at us I mean trick plays, fakes, etc. Atrocious or not they were able to beat a couple of over .500 teams in the 2nd half of the season. Keeping it close for a couple of quarters isn't that much of a stretch.

parkerdrake.gif

So you think this game will be wrapped up by halftime? That's all I'm saying but I guess we'll see. And what I mean by they will throw everything at us I mean trick plays, fakes, etc. Atrocious or not they were able to beat a couple of over .500 teams in the 2nd half of the season. Keeping it close for a couple of quarters isn't that much of a stretch.
I think we'll be up comfortably by half. Miami did just give up 23 points in one quarter against the Bungles. Our offense should be able to roll their league worst D.

:shrug:

@Miami is the Patriots' house of horrors. Lots of bad things happen there.
Miami hasn't won in Foxboro since '08.
Yeah, is Miami still doing the wildcat, with Ronnie brown, like 2008? Only works when Matt cassell is the pats qb....

Back