Week 17 - Squish the Fish, 12/29 1PM

He had all goddamn day to throw today and overthrew, under threw, etc.
i hope we can finally put to rest the bullshit about Brady being bad because of the oline. Fitzpatrick was repeatedly blitzed and often had less time than Brday and he still hit receivers in stride. Brady couldn't hit anyone in stride except Eric Rowe. He threw fie feet about Dorcett when Dorcet was friggin standing still in a hole in the zone.

OTOH, Jimmy G looked great and probably will for the next 15 years :banghead:

Brady sucked ass again today. This really should be his last year. I don't mind him playing for some other team. He sucks.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Maybe an overreaction, but this has the feel of the end of the glory days.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Yeah...for the Brady years anyway.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Hollister sucks...he wasn't worth keeping. He missed a TD tonight for the Seachickens. If he catches it, they win. Instead, they lost.

I certainly wouldn't go that far, but we're surely done for this year. Let's see how the Brady situation works out in the off season.

I don't want to get all hoggish and assume Pats will take home the Lombardi every year. We've certainly had more than our fair share at this point. I can't even feel too bad about it. The SB loss to the Gints remains the most searing loss in my many years of rooting for the Pats.. . . which I still do and will

Me, too, and it took a lot to replace the Ben Dreith/Sugar Bear Hamilton '76 Raider game.

I've been a Patriots fan since the Boston and Bay State Patriots and they are still my team, but after watching both the Pats and the 49ers today, it's going to hurt watching Garapollo play for the next 15 years.

I really hope this is Brady's last year. It will take a year of play to get Stidham experience. I'd rather it is next year than in 2021 after another suck year with Brady. We don't have a pussy schedule next year and it will be a good trial by fire for Stidham.

I really hope this is Brady's last year. It will take a year of play to get Stidham experience. I'd rather it is next year than in 2021 after another suck year with Brady. We don't have a pussy schedule next year and it will be a good trial by fire for Stidham.

I was about to write something very similar...agreed.

Bad loss. Did anyone else think something was wrong with Brady? I mean, not the usual velocity from his throws...many were ducks similar to PManning's last 2 years. Throwing from his back foot. Could be his elbow (tommy john time?) and his left leg or ankle or foot. Idk, but he didn't look the same. If this is the end, it happened quickly. Something surely wasn't right with him.

Bad loss. Did anyone else think something was wrong with Brady? I mean, not the usual velocity from his throws...many were ducks similar to PManning's last 2 years. Throwing from his back foot. Could be his elbow (tommy john time?) and his left leg or ankle or foot. Idk, but he didn't look the same. If this is the end, it happened quickly. Something surely wasn't right with him.

manning was throwing ducks, brady isnt ... he is just not accurate or he isnt in sync with his receivers

I have often read that the cliff comes quick and often without warning.

I’d really like to see him retire so we don’t have to witness an all-time great just trying to hang on.

I do believe that we have witnessed the end of the era and it’s now on Belichick to begin building a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have often read that the cliff comes quick and often without warning.

I’d really like to see him retire so we don’t have to witness an all-time great just trying to hang on.

I do believe that we have witnessed the end of the era and it’s now on Belichick to begin building a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jr and I have been saying pretty much since the Ravens game that we thought it was over. I’m okay with it. Over the last 18 years we’ve experienced something very few fans of any team in any sport have ever had the chance to enjoy. Honestly, if the Tits come in here and beat them next week it will neither surprise me nor piss me off.

Jr and I have been saying pretty much since the Ravens game that we thought it was over. I’m okay with it. Over the last 18 years we’ve experienced something very few fans of any team in any sport have ever had the chance to enjoy. Honestly, if the Tits come in here and beat them next week it will neither surprise me nor piss me off.

We’re spoiled.

The duration and quality of this run will never come close to being matched. It’s going to end some day. For Brady maybe sooner rather than later. It was a terrible game. Given the magnitude and the momentum and what was at stake just one of their all time gaffes.

But where the Fvck was the coaching? And the Defense?

Are you kidding? They aren’t 42.

Two things that stood out to me, and I apologize if they have already been discussed.
First, Chung can no longer be relied upon to cover a TE. He has continually been beaten, game after game and it's no surprise that's where Fitz went when he needed the TD to close the game. I like Chung, he's been great and done a lot of really good things for us, but I haven't seen it this year, he seems slow and a step behind everyone.
Next, the fact that they didn't use a single timeout or throw the ball with 1:40 left in the first half is mind blowing to me... Bill clearly has less than zero faith in this offense, maybe even the team as a whole. They left potential points out there and were content taking a tie into half. What happened to the "2:1 score before half and get the ball to open the second half" the Pats have trademarked?
I have remained hopeful they would figure it out, like they usually do, but yesterday is a tough one for me to ignore going into the playoffs. That game meant so much, a bye would have given Edelman and Brady another week to recover, a much easier road and 1 less game, nevermind KC at home as opposed to going there (should they take care of Ten on Saturday night). All of that, and they couldn't handle the fish at home. It's disappointing........

The defensive woes may be that Flores was our DC last year at this time. He knows the weaknesses of most of the players here. I hope he hasn't exposed the D for the other teams. It looked bad, but we are still alive and will be until we are not.

Let's talk about what Brady should do, after the Patriots win the SB in 5 weeks. Personally, my opinion is that Brady should do whatever his (and his wife's) heart desires, at that point.

I just hope the crowd stays until the very end to give Brady a standing O after the game for all the things he's done for the Pats and us fans. Yes, the road is probably ending this Saturday (or certainly next weekend in KC), but if they get blown out by Tennessee, I hope no one bails. It would nice to see the crowd stay and give him a legit ovation when he leaves the field for the last time.

Back