WEEK 2 Miami Game Thread

Do you think Bill likes when he does this? Or BOB for that matter?

Personally, I love it but I know for Bill who is old school and believes in keeping everything in house, I wonder if it bothers him.

Mac is smart enough to pass it by BB first. BB & the players already know who isn't working hard enough.

Last edited:
I just want to say the Xavien Howard pick began as DPI. He was behind the receiver 2 hand push off while the ball was in the air.

Random thoughts:

This online is going to get Jones kilt. BB never bothered to draft a tackle. Sweet.

BB really hates awesome WR’s. He just can’t be bothered by drafting any. Why he chose to extend Parker is baffling. Why he chose to sign JuJu is even more baffling.

Is Stevenson sick or hurt? He was MIA so far this year.

Mediocre Jones can’t throw to his right side well. At all. His arm strength never improved in the offseason apparently. He’s still throwing weak passes. I don’t hate him, but, he’s just limited to what he can do.

The dline isn’t doing their job well. Where was White yesterday? Barmore?

Gonzo is awesome! He’s already impressive…he was amazing vs Hill.

Mapu never tried to hit Waddle helmet2helmet. Unfortunate.

The rookie WR should have never been pulled after his fumble. He was needed out there.

Schooler with his ST field goal block was awesome!

So much for home field advantage. Those refs were rigged af.

I’m not even pissed that they’re 0-2. It’s almost like…whatever. They’re just not going to be very good.

Last edited:
Not sure that's true. His push step off his right foot is much faster triggered and he's quicker to his landmarks on the left.
Please watch the tweets embedded in the MICHAEL Hurley story that Chev posted above. 76 was wearing CEMENT shoes.

Please watch the tweets embedded in the MICHAEL Hurley story that Chev posted above. 76 was wearing CEMENT shoes.
I did. He's definitely not all the way back. But when I was watching stuff on him after they signed him, he was clearly more comfortable and much quicker on the left side.

Some lineman are strongly right or left handed. Anderson has played both sides, but his right foot is much stronger as a push foot, and as a consequence his quickness is significantly different right v left.

I just got back to Mass. after traveling and haven't caught up with what has been commented on here, but for those that didn't have a
chance to see Pat McAfee's TV gig today he did a very interesting analysis of the FG block.

I couldn't hear the announcers where I was watching it live but I was not aware that the holder was Jake Bailey. McAfee was a fellow
Punter and FG holder, so he noted a wrinkle that Brendan Schooler wasn't going to talk about -- that he was focused entirely
on Bailey who has a "tell" when he is expecting the snap which is that Bailey takes a deep breath and tilts his helmet down which
is what helped Schooler to know exactly how to time his sideways sprint to break on the ball as quickly as he did. As far as I know,
nobody has seen a block quite like that before and it was a cool play during another up and down night for our guys.

Pat credited Belichick with spotting the tell during Bailey's tenure here, but it did seem a plausible theory and figured I'd share it
and encourage those unfamiliar to look up his breakdown, which I thought was some outstanding inside football. Adam Schecter
was a guest on the show and liked it so much he suggested McAfee might win an award for the bit.

In any case, I think we can expect the knuckleheads in NY to be inventing a nifty new rule ASAP to prevent it, like everything else
Bill figures out to take legal advantage of the rules.

I did. He's definitely not all the way back. But when I was watching stuff on him after they signed him, he was clearly more comfortable and much quicker on the left side.

Some lineman are strongly right or left handed. Anderson has played both sides, but his right foot is much stronger as a push foot, and as a consequence his quickness is significantly different right v left.
Got it.

worry quite a bit about Calvin Anderson at RT. He simply couldn't handle that hot long-haired blonde.

I've been a fan of his for a while, but have never heard of him described quite that way. From 2019:

Without looking his stats up, Van Ginkle is just one of those guys that is always doing something positive. Tipping a ball, defending pass, key tackle, causing a fumble.....something good for his team. He looked tall and too skinny for pro ball with the Badgers, but he's been a busy boy since November and I did notice he had a fine 20-yard time, so I expect he'll get some notice. He doesn't look like much until the whistle blows.

Based on listening to a lot of NFL radio today I think it's safe to say that AVG is not just an average guy. His career is taking off.

I just got back to Mass. after traveling and haven't caught up with what has been commented on here, but for those that didn't have a
chance to see Pat McAfee's TV gig today he did a very interesting analysis of the FG block.

I couldn't hear the announcers where I was watching it live but I was not aware that the holder was Jake Bailey. McAfee was a fellow
Punter and FG holder, so he noted a wrinkle that Brendan Schooler wasn't going to talk about -- that he was focused entirely
on Bailey who has a "tell" when he is expecting the snap which is that Bailey takes a deep breath and tilts his helmet down which
is what helped Schooler to know exactly how to time his sideways sprint to break on the ball as quickly as he did. As far as I know,
nobody has seen a block quite like that before and it was a cool play during another up and down night for our guys.

Pat credited Belichick with spotting the tell during Bailey's tenure here, but it did seem a plausible theory and figured I'd share it
and encourage those unfamiliar to look up his breakdown, which I thought was some outstanding inside football. Adam Schecter
was a guest on the show and liked it so much he suggested McAfee might win an award for the bit.

In any case, I think we can expect the knuckleheads in NY to be inventing a nifty new rule ASAP to prevent it, like everything else
Bill figures out to take legal advantage of the rules.

Matt Chatham had another explanation but it doesn't really matter. Whether it was the K or the holder, one of them had a tell that allowed Schooler to pounce so quickly.

View: https://twitter.com/chatham58/status/1703749120752574501

didn't see it mentioned (might have missed it). Poor Tyrek didn't like what the fans were saying to him. stop breaking kids arms and beating women you punk @ss bitch. I so so so wanted someone to knock his helmet off, and I'd be fine with a blatant late hit.

didn't see it mentioned (might have missed it). Poor Tyrek didn't like what the fans were saying to him. stop breaking kids arms and beating women you punk @ss bitch. I so so so wanted someone to knock his helmet off, and I'd be fine with a blatant late hit.
He doesn’t go to church…he lies. ☕

Bill O'Brien on rookie Demario Douglas' fumbling on Sunday and then not playing on offense after it:

"Ball security is a huge part of what we preach. I have a lot of confidence in Pop Douglas..
"At the end of the day we have to do a better job at getting everybody involved in the game plan... Pop has had a really good rookie experience so far from OTAs, to training camp, to where we are now. We like when Pop's in the game."

Just read a story about a Pats 30 year season ticket holder dying on Sunday while at the game. Report said he was punched in the face by a Dolphins fan (hard to believe they could get away with something like that at Gillette) and went into distress and he died at the hospital. I hope the story about the Dolphins fan isn't true, anyone else know if this is fact or not?

Last edited:
Just read a story about a 30 Pats year season ticket holder dying on Sunday while at the game. Report said he was punched in the face by a Dolphins fan (hard to believe they could get away with something like that at Gillette) and went into distress and he died at the hospital. I hope the story about the Dolphins fan isn't true, anyone else know if this is fact or not?
I read that the Pats fan did not throw a punch or anything. He was hit and then died at the hospital. He was only 53.

Just read a story about a 30 Pats year season ticket holder dying on Sunday while at the game. Report said he was punched in the face by a Dolphins fan (hard to believe they could get away with something like that at Gillette) and went into distress and he died at the hospital. I hope the story about the Dolphins fan isn't true, anyone else know if this is fact or not?
The story is true. There’s video of it on X. He died from hitting his head on the concrete. I haven’t heard whether the murderer has been apprehended or charged yet.

The story is true. There’s video of it on X. He died from hitting his head on the concrete. I haven’t heard whether the murderer has been apprehended or charged yet.
Damn bro, if that's true that Dolphins fan is in some deep shit. What a sad way to die, over a freakin football game.

I've been a fan of his for a while, but have never heard of him described quite that way. From 2019:

Without looking his stats up, Van Ginkle is just one of those guys that is always doing something positive. Tipping a ball, defending pass, key tackle, causing a fumble.....something good for his team. He looked tall and too skinny for pro ball with the Badgers, but he's been a busy boy since November and I did notice he had a fine 20-yard time, so I expect he'll get some notice. He doesn't look like much until the whistle blows.

Based on listening to a lot of NFL radio today I think it's safe to say that AVG is not just an average guy. His career is taking off.
He visited the Pats when he was a free agent.

Back