Week 4, 2020 - Patriots @Chiefs

If the season ended today, the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS would MISS THE PLAYOFFS.

Your time is over.

And moving my glorious thread predicting your downfall won't change that, mods.

PATS = DONE

That's gonna make it even sweeter when we eliminate you in Arrowhead this year. Again.

In a loss there are still signs of greatness by this team, especially from some of the young guns who are taking the torch and running with determined gusto.
Great effort by the defense executing BB's plan. That was amazing to watch. Loved the camera shots of Andy Reid who looked genuinely concerned and perplexed with the fail he was seeing from Mahomes and Co.
Hoyer has alread been covered well enough here; let's just say he left points on the board by making the same mental mistakes more than once. I'm so done with him. He made us look like the Jets on offense last night. If Cam can't play against the Broncos, I prefer Stidham who at least brought a noticeable spark to the team despite the int on him and the pick 6 on Edelman. That was a beautiful fade throw to Harry. Stidham can hand the ball off as well as Hoyer. Let him start a game at 0-0 to see what he can do from the get-go. Nothing to lose and we may see a star born.

I thought our makeshift OL played beyond themselves all game. I'll include Ferentz and Herron in that assessment. They all played well enough. Onwenu is a beast - I saw 3 pancakes and I wasn't even following him closely. The OL can be proud of their play.

When Cam comes back I'm expecting great things from this team and I'm not joking one bit. This team will finish the last 7 games with 7 straight wins.
Before those 7, we have these 5 games:
Broncos & 49ers at home, the
Bills and Jets away and the
Ravens at home.

I see a minimum of 2 wins with 4 wins not out of the question which means a final record of 11, 12 or 13 wins for this team this year. I'm very happy with that.

As for KC, BB just showed the league how to defend them again. KC didn't fly high - they didn't cover themselves with glory last night. If they don't wake up, there's trouble ahead for them.

Good post chev.

I never would’ve thought the veterans would’ve been the ones responsible for snatching defeat out of the hands of victory but that’s exactly what we had here.

Starting opening drive with DMc. You HAVE to make that play. Period. End of story.

Hoyer blows. I was in favor of him being here and possibly starting the season (before Cam). Mainly to soften the transition to Stidham from the GOAT. But fvck that. Empty roster spot is more valuable. The points left on the table were enough for a halftime lead.

Stidham looked fine. There’s definitely more to work with there. Give him starter reps this week.

Jules play was another veteran disaster.

So DMc. Hoyer. Jules. F.

Flashes from the young pups. Harris is a keeper. Harry slow progression is positive. Great battle and catch for the TD.

The refs blow.

All in all, despite what trolls say, if we face them again with the dual threat of Cam I think Reid will have a sleepless week.

I look forward to facing them again. I know the outcome will be a lot different.

Your time is over.

PATS = DONE

You outscored a Hoyer led team by 3 points over the first 44 minutes.

You outscored a Hoyer led team by 3 points over the first 44 minutes.

And should have been losing

Lazar says it well

The Patriots fell to the Kansas City Chiefs 26-10 because of several self-inflicted wounds.
Between four interceptions and two red-zone sacks (one fumble), the Patriots offense lost 25.2 expected points on Monday night, a losing formula against any opponent.
But from an enjoyability standpoint, the NFL did Patriots fans a disservice from the second news of Cam Newton’s positive test for coronavirus broke to the end of Monday night’s game.
Bill Belichick isn’t one for excuses, so we’ll make them for him: the one-day travel schedule, several blown calls by the referees, and a terrible broadcast made the product on Monday night nearly unwatchable.
Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs offense managed 20 points in the win, 14 points fewer than their season-average, yet we wouldn’t know that based on the footage we saw from CBS.
The Pats defense limited big plays with a combination of man, zone, and man-match coverages, forcing the Chiefs offense to beat them on long drives rather than one explosive play.
Mahomes, who is terrific, didn’t play well on Monday night. Why? Well, Tony Romo didn’t tell you, neither did Jim Nantz, who was too busy lauding Andy Reid’s jet sweeps to educate us.
Again, New England didn’t lose because of the CBS broadcast, the refs, or the travel schedule. But we want to have fun watching football, and a great effort by the Patriots in a whirlwind week was glossed over tonight.
Below, we’ll get into all the details of the game that cost the Patriots a win on a night where they battled with backup quarterbacks against the defending champs.

https://www.clnsmedia.com/lazar-ten-things-we-learned-from-the-patriots-26-10-loss-to-the-chiefs/

Man I have to say this is the most happy I have seen Patriots fans on this board after a 16 point loss where the offense was bad. We are in different times. Defense played good for as long as they could, the refs were awful. I am still trying to figure out how that was not a strip pick on Mahomes. Pats dropped like 3 ints. So in spite of the offense, the pats played well and we lost, which sucks, but its nice to see the pats being able to lose without heads falling off.

Or defense should be happy that they held the Queefs to 19 points, which the Ravens could not and they were considered the best defense in the league. Queefs won’t be going undefeated this season like a lot of their inbred fans seem to think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or defense should be happy that they held the Queefs to 19 points, which the Ravens could not and they were considered the best defense in the league. Queefs won’t be going undefeated this season like a lot of their inbred fans seem to think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matchups. some teams dont do well vs other teams, etc etc, KC has been less against the pats than other teams on offense. Especially the last two games. The first two games KC move the ball pretty well with Mahomes, last two, not so much.

You guys trying to find some moral victory here is hilarious.

You're going to be a wild-card team at best. Buffalo is better than NE this year.

The top graded rookie this week for PFF is also a) the highest PFF season grade for any rookie and b) the 2nd highest PFF grade of all offensive linemen.

[email]PFF@PFF·
<time datetime="2020-10-06T15:46:06.000Z">6m</time>
1. Michael Onwenu, Patriots - 92.2

1. G MICHAEL ONWENU, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Over the first couple of weeks, Onwenu saw a good chunk of his snaps come in either jumbo sets or at right tackle, and he more than held his own, earning a 78.0 PFF grade over 51 snaps in that span. Onwenu then got the start at left guard in Week 3 and had himself a day, ending the game with an 86.7 PFF grade. He allowed just one hurry across 32 pass-blocking snaps and was a people-mover for the Patriots' rushing attack, generating an 83.6 run-blocking grade across his 37 snaps as a run-blocker.
He then got the start at right guard against the Chiefs in Week 4 and had an even better game. He finished the night with a PFF grade of 91.3, producing top-five marks among guards in Week 4 in both run-blocking (87.3) and pass-blocking grade (88.8). This not only gives him the highest PFF season grade by a rookie this year; it also gives him the second-highest PFF grade among all linemen.

You're going to be a wild-card team at best. Buffalo is better than NE this year.

That may be the case.

But what is funnier is you being proud of this win. Enjoy it, if you can. No need to kick us.

But if I was a Chiefs fan, after what I saw for 3 quarters last night, I would be a bit concerned about some of the things that were exposed.

Your time is over.

PATS = DONE

Can we ban this assclown? Shows up after to gloat winning a game handed to the Chiefs by the refs? Fuck that asshole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That may be the case.

But what is funnier is you being proud of this win. Enjoy it, if you can. No need to kick us.

But if I was a Chiefs fan, after what I saw for 3 quarters last night, I would be a bit concerned about some of the things that were exposed.

Chargers did the same. Chiefs might have some issues this year or the league is figuring them out.

Chargers did the same. Chiefs might have some issues this year or the league is figuring them out.

Or both.

I think Clay is just trying to hide his insecurity behind his crowing. I mean, how often do you boast about beating a team you were favored by 11 over? Woopty-do.

I was at the game last night. It was hilarious how QUIET the Queefs fans were for the first 51 minutes of the game. Against back up quarterbacks. How come your offense scored the least amount of points of the season also? We can all see that you're SCARED of a 2nd meeting in the playoffs, little fella.

Back