Week 4 2022 Pats at Packers

I thought our team exceeded all expectations yesterday.
Our D played great overall and limited GB's offense like I haven't seen in a long time. Bryant is the 1 glaring exception.
Our offensive line and running game were dominant. Another exception was Wynn in pass pro.
Zappe was a little shaky but showed promise. Had the holding call on Bourne been called on 3rd and 6 in OT, it could have been a win.
I was proud of this team yesterday. I bet BB was, too.

Bourne is far right. I'm not griping. Calls like this are missed all the time but it could have changed the outcome.

View: https://twitter.com/BWMcGair03/status/1576728420855136256

I wouldn't have an issue with it alone, but this was a carbon copy of the penalty called on that third down play on Miles Bryant.

speaking of game "calls"....
did anyone else here come up out their seat when Zappe tossed that beautiful floater to Parker for the TD :hello:

only to feel so-dirdy-like-you-needed-a-hot-shower after seeing the delay-of-game call missed by that atrocious so-called professional refereeing squad after the play

also = me :wave:

Other than not drafting a fast coverage linebacker, it's looking like a good to great draft.
Like Tommy and Foobahl said, A dogshit disaster. Worst draft in the Thirty or so years of BB's drafting more utter failures then all the rest of mankind combined. Ignore the homers!

Cheers

He came in the best completion passer in college history. By Halloween last year they told him to go for deeper throws and it changed the kid. I just hope it’s reversible or fixable because right now he’s playing too much shaky Bledsoe style
I think because the goal is to develop him beyond just a completion guy. That is not what is required in today's NFL. QBs have to be able to push the ball and score points fast. I think they are trying to see if he can develop into that type of QB like Allen has over the past few years. That is the type of QB you need to compete especially when you go up against the elite offenses

speaking of game "calls"....
did anyone else here come up out their seat when Zappe tossed that beautiful floater to Parker for the TD :hello:

only to feel so-dirdy-like-you-needed-a-hot-shower after seeing the delay-of-game call missed by that atrocious so-called professional refereeing squad after the play

also = me :wave:
yes. it was an awesome throw.

refs will always be inept.

Biggest thing I noticed is Zappe never dropped his eyes to rush lanes. He kept looking downfield.

Mac does that too often. I think that’s why he misses underneath defenders and throws some ‘WTF’ INTs, because he drops his eyes, looks back up, and doesn’t realize someone has fallen into space underneath. You see it when Mac sorta squats, and bends his knees in the pocket, that’s when it happens, and it also throws off his timing and mechanics. Zappe, otoh, kept his feet settled and eyes downfield, stayed in rhythm.

Give him a full week of game planning for another 2-3 games, see what he has, and maybe he seizes the moment and forces BB to make a tough call in a couple weeks. I just had a sense of confidence watching him; he was clearly nervous but seemed to sharpen in big moments and had an edge/swagger to him.
I agree. I really loved how he played. Imagine coming in the first quarter in a game you didn't think you would play in at GB vs Rodgers? I thought his mental toughness and command was impressive. He threw some really nice balls too. I agree about giving him another couple of weeks and see how far he can progress. The issue is you and I both know Bill is playing Hoyer as soon as he is cleared. :banghead:

I didn't get tuned in until after Hoyer suffered his concussion so I wasn't sure what the hell was going on with Zappe being in the game. I was really impressed with how they hung in there with Green Bay. I just wish that they would have played to win in OT. Let the kid sling it and see what happens.

I didn't get tuned in until after Hoyer suffered his concussion so I wasn't sure what the hell was going on with Zappe being in the game. I was really impressed with how they hung in there with Green Bay. I just wish that they would have played to win in OT. Let the kid sling it and see what happens.
I wanted them to go for it in OT on fourth down. Nothing to lose there. If you make it, FG and game over.

I wanted them to go for it in OT on fourth down. Nothing to lose there. If you make it, FG and game over.
Yup, those 3 runs into the pile were dumb. Being that close to the win and not going for it was borderline "pussy" ball. Imagine how the team would feel today if they got that win by going for it. Fuck this moral victory bullshit, they should have had the ACTUAL victory

I like tavai
Was that him that stuck Jones on the left side when he had that huge hole? Not the tackle he had out wide in the 4th, but the one in I think that was in the 3rd quarter. If he doesn't make that tackle Jones might have been gone.

We picked up the game when it was 10-7 Pats, was keeping an eye on the score while driving home from up north and couldn't believe they were still in it. Looking forward to next weeks game against the Lions and how he performs as a starter.

I thought our team exceeded all expectations yesterday.
Our D played great overall and limited GB's offense like I haven't seen in a long time. Bryant is the 1 glaring exception.
Our offensive line and running game were dominant. Another exception was Wynn in pass pro.
Zappe was a little shaky but showed promise. Had the holding call on Bourne been called on 3rd and 6 in OT, it could have been a win.
I was proud of this team yesterday. I bet BB was, too.

Bourne is far right. I'm not griping. Calls like this are missed all the time but it could have changed the outcome.

View: https://twitter.com/BWMcGair03/status/1576728420855136256

Wyff wasn't very good...Bryant is garbage.

Was that him that stuck Jones on the left side when he had that huge hole? Not the tackle he had out wide in the 4th, but the one in I think that was in the 3rd quarter. If he doesn't make that tackle Jones might have been gone.
I thought that was Dugger. And it may only be me, but I have a hard time rooting against AJ DIllon. He was my binkie in the 2020 draft.

Yup, those 3 runs into the pile were dumb. Being that close to the win and not going for it was borderline "pussy" ball. Imagine how the team would feel today if they got that win by going for it. Fuck this moral victory bullshit, they should have had the ACTUAL victory
3 runs into the pile (which was actually 2 and a short out to Henry) would have made some sense if they were planning to go for it on 4th. But if not...?

So, you're OK with the linebackers?
Put the positive news about Thornton aside, and we're seeing positive returns from all 4 other picks through round 4 after only 4 games. So, because there's another position you would like to have added someone doesn't mean the draft wasn't, to all appearances, successful. You just can't draft everyone. So you look to trades (Wilson) and FA, plus past draftees (Jennings, McGrone, Perkins) and FA (McMillan) that didn't get a good look due to coming back from injury to find your guys.

You're saying the draft wasn't successful based on what we can see so far?

Put the positive news about Thornton aside, and we're seeing positive returns from all 4 other picks through round 4 after only 4 games. So, because there's another position you would like to have added someone doesn't mean the draft wasn't, to all appearances, successful. You just can't draft everyone. So you look to trades (Wilson) and FA, plus past draftees (Jennings, McGrone, Perkins) and FA (McMillan) that didn't get a good look due to coming back from injury to find your guys.

You're saying the draft wasn't successful based on what we can see so far?
Don't put words in my mouth. All I said is that is could have been better...and it could have.

Where is Jennings at?

So, you're OK with the linebackers?
Didn't say that. Would love to have better coverage LBs. But as Flag suggested, not perfect of course, but I'm pleased, so far, overall, with the draft. But we all know that 4 games is way to small a sample. 3-4 years before final judgement.

PS as a well known member very recently suggested, no need to put words in my mouth.

Cheers, B/S/F :toast:

Back